xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms Keeping One Eye On The Scene  (Read 82 times)

Drunkn_Munky

• Archived User
Ms Keeping One Eye On The Scene
« on: December 17, 2005, 05:45:00 AM »

Yes but imagine the look on their faces when 2 years profession's and a hell of a lot of money's work is ruined by some reverse engineer hobbyists.

stefanpson

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

IMHO The Xbox wouldnt made such an impact on the consolemarket if it would still do what MS had in mind when they released it. First to strike my mind is: Some better grafix and unlimited savegames on HDD.

Most people wouldnt bother when there was PS2 with 200 games before MS started to sell there machine and for that hefty price (600$ here in Sweden).

The brakethrough where when you had the chanse to install an 200GB HDD and fill it to the max with emus of every oldschool gamestation ever created (Atari, Gameboy, NES, MasterSystem, SNES, Megadrive, C64, Amiga). And if that wasnt enough, the most used music and movie formats with your own custome subtitles!!!

Thats what made MS to gain marketshares. And now they put another year to secure so that people cant do that with the 360. Sure they loose an hell of alot of money when people "lease" games  smile.gif  But there would be no reason for Sony to even release the PS3  laugh.gif

So for the sake of MS I hope they made some lame protection so that I can throw out my old Xbox and I will gladly buy the 360.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

So for the sake of MS I hope they made some lame protection so that I can throw out my old Xbox and I will gladly buy the 360.

thats what people said about sony when ps1 came out, that they purposely made it easy to mod to sell more units

but when ps2 came out they already had a dedicated market share from ps1, so ps2 was not easy to mod