xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xbox 360 BBC iPlayer launch delayed indefinitely  (Read 903 times)

haqtiq

• Archived User
Xbox 360 BBC iPlayer launch delayed indefinitely
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »

As a current "american" Sky subscriber, I wonder exactly what BBC iplayer would have to offer compared to the : "Live TV, On Demand Movies, sports, classics, and tons of cool stuff for kids" thats very easy to access in the current Sky player.

I wont go into detail on how to subscribe to Sky from the US, but I will say if you are smart enough to use the net, and want Sky, it's very easy to bypass the UK, and Ireland ONLY restrictions, and not only that, the service stomps netflix, zune, and the video marketplace to shreds. ANYONE using Sky360 will vouch for that. It's basically cable TV on your xbox360.

With that said.. so what if you need gold. Hell if you want anything "premium" on XBL you need to be gold. Games, Netflix, Etc..

So..  I again ask.. wtf does BBC iplayer have to offer over Sky360.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Garyfez @ Nov 29 2009, 08:06 AM) View Post

Well done to the bbc for not backing down to the greedy microsoft btards

Exactly what I was going to write!  Even the Wii has iPlayer (works well, too) and Nintendo charge nothing for it.  Microsoft are just being greedy bastards, and the Beeb are having none of it.

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(nha @ Nov 30 2009, 11:39 AM) View Post

BBC is free because its funded by the UK public taxes! Why should Microsoft get profit for something it hasn't created!? What happened to the days where companies were happy to show other content in an effort to attract new and existing customers?

actually its funded by your tv licence  wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]