xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: One Million Xbox LIVE Members Download and Activate Netflix on Xbox 36  (Read 224 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

One Million Xbox LIVE Members Download and Activate Netflix on Xbox 360
Posted by XanTium | February 5 15:05 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From the press release:

Microsoft Corp. and Netflix Inc. today announced that 1 million Xbox LIVE Gold members have downloaded and activated the groundbreaking Xbox LIVE application from Netflix since the alliance launched last November. In less than three months the Xbox LIVE community has watched instantly 1.5 billion minutes of movies and TV episodes.

The Netflix application offers Xbox LIVE Gold members the ability to instantly watch movies and TV episodes from Netflix on a television via the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. Xbox 360 is the only gaming and entertainment console that lets viewers instantly watch movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix. Xbox LIVE Gold members who are also Netflix unlimited members can watch movies and TV episodes streamed instantly from Netflix on Xbox LIVE for no additional fee.

"Adding Netflix to our ever-growing library of 30,000 movies and TV shows makes Xbox 360 the best value in home entertainment," said John Schappert, corporate vice president of Interactive Entertainment, LIVE, Software and Services Business at Microsoft. "With over 1 million activations and 1.5 billion minutes watched to date, Netflix is a great win for Xbox living rooms nationwide. These families are getting more entertainment from Xbox 360 than from any other device connected to their TVs."

"Netflix continues to provide its 9.4 million subscribers unprecedented convenience, selection and value," said Netflix Chief Marketing Officer Leslie Kilgore. "With more than 100,000 titles on DVD and 12,000 movies and TV episodes available to watch instantly, there's no better way to enjoy movies than Netflix. As these strong results on Xbox demonstrate, Xbox LIVE is a terrific way for Netflix members to enjoy watching movies instantly on their TVs."

In addition to Netflix in the United States, Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace offers over 17,000 pieces of standard and high-definition (HD) content to the Xbox LIVE community. From December 2008 to January 2009, Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace downloads have grown 174 percent year over year.

More than 12,000 movies and TV episodes are currently available to watch instantly from Netflix, with more on the way. A growing percentage of choices that are available to watch instantly are also available in HD.

The library of movies and TV episodes available to watch instantly from Netflix via Xbox 360 includes scores of Academy Award winners and nominees; a number of popular, currently running and classic TV episodes; more than 20 of the movies rated by the American Film Institute among the greatest ever; and access to the Starz Play service.

fuzzyfuk

• Archived User
One Million Xbox LIVE Members Download and Activate Netflix on Xbox 36
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

Netflix on the 360 is the greatest invention of all time. Who's with me?

YaZiN

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(fuzzyfuk @ Feb 5 2009, 10:42 PM) *

Netflix on the 360 is the greatest invention of all time. Who's with me?

Wake me up when there is a similar service available outside of the US.

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(YaZiN @ Feb 5 2009, 05:49 PM) View Post

<--Canada
Agreed

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(YaZiN @ Feb 5 2009, 09:49 PM) View Post

indeed  dry.gif

SpIdErXeN

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »

Do you have to have an unlimited user netflix account to watch the netflix movies on your 360?

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »

One Million Xbox LIVE Members Download and Activate Netflix on Xbox 360
In the USA!

Sorry I can't be bothered to read there praise of how good the service is in the USA

DoTsTeR

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

ahhh

USA gets this, USA gets that... whaaahhh whaaahh

This post has been edited by DoTsTeR: Feb 5 2009, 11:52 PM

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »

United friggin K !!

LoveFilm... I don't think so  uhh.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(modslave @ Feb 5 2009, 10:58 PM) View Post

United friggin K !!

LoveFilm... I don't think so  uhh.gif

LoveFilm are crap, they tried to steal my money when I cancel/closed my account trial. Fortunately they paid it back but they refuse to remove my card details from file and my bank cant do anything. They fooled me for the card verification bit I thought they were finding out if I was real but turns out they just want your details (I used the Tesco one but it's in partnership with Lovefilm). If they continue I will have to close my bank account, but fortunately it's only like £2 a month if it continues.

tbb033

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »

Wake me up when you can use it without paying for Gold on top of already having to pay for Netflix.

(And don't bother waking me up if you're just going to give some lame response about how Gold is only a few cents a day or worth the price or whatever. It's not worth the price for me, since I don't like online gaming.)

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

...and the ISPs are laughing about their new bandwidth caps.  They want a piece of that Netflix action too! laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

g8crapachino

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(tbb033 @ Feb 5 2009, 11:36 PM) *

Wake me up when you can use it without paying for Gold on top of already having to pay for Netflix.

(And don't bother waking me up if you're just going to give some lame response about how Gold is only a few cents a day or worth the price or whatever. It's not worth the price for me, since I don't like online gaming.)

If none of it even matters to you why did you bother with your completly pointless and irrelevent post?  

Apparently it was important enough for you to "wake up" and post nonsense.

somenutter

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »

Give me bbc iplayer and i would be happy but netflix would be great if we could get it  sad.gif

disrockerdude

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »

agreed, netflix for 360 in the usa = full of win..

its awesome, its the only reason why i got netflix in the first place, although i have to admit the videos in their instant play sucks....

Pages: [1] 2