xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avi/divx/wmv Thumbnails  (Read 124 times)

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Avi/divx/wmv Thumbnails
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »

highlight the folder and press the "white button". Select movie info and there is an option to change the thumbnails. should download your info for you also to update the library.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Avi/divx/wmv Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »

What white button?? This is the 360 section.

From the divx faq in my sig.

Q:How can I add thumbnails to individual avi's, cover art etc.. or screen grabs from the avi itself? All I see on the right hand pane is that faded film strip... and I know i've seen an image there before.......
A: Thumbs are only displayed when the media is being served/streamed by WMP11 or the Zune software. You do not get the thumbnail view if the media is on USB or streamed from a UPnP server like Windows Home Server.

You can also see a screen cap when in media center mode, but of course this doesn't work from usb.

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Avi/divx/wmv Thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »

yeah... uuum....

/waves hand "pay no attention to the man talking about the white button, he clearly didn't realize which forums he was in"

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Avi/divx/wmv Thumbnails
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »

We will just say that this was originally posted in the original xbox section and has since been moved...  biggrin.gif

hyperactiveme

• Archived User
Avi/divx/wmv Thumbnails
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(y2j514 @ May 8 2009, 01:38 AM) View Post

4 of my movies show like a boxart thumbnail (The Transporter trilogy has the blueray box art, and transformers has a poster advertisment as the thumbnail.)    Aside from them nothing shows thumbnails - just filmstrips.  

you haven
what format are movies in?  Tell me where you got them  from and i'll investigate if you havn't figued it out.  I am also wanting to get this sorted out

werwer2121

• Archived User
Avi/divx/wmv Thumbnails
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »

I do not know if this will help you or not but on my hard drive i put movie posters.
To do this
1. Have a movie file.(duh)
2. Get a picture or movie poster.(If you want a custom thumbnail use VLC and use the snapshot feature.)
3. Name both files exactly.(Like Tranporter 2.avi would have Transporter 2.jpg)
EX.

Movie.avi
Movie.Jpg

As far as I know I think only .jpg is supported but I could be wrong.

Now The real trick is can anybody figure out how to get a folder on an external source to have a picture instead of the folder icon on the 360. Because I can not figure it out.

Hope this helps.

AyDee

• Archived User
Avi/divx/wmv Thumbnails
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

Yep, just do what werwer2121 said. ^^

And yes, pictures must be jpeg with the extension .jpg (no 'e').
It works great from CD, DVD, and USB (FAT32 & HFS+) but not streaming.
Works fine with WMV & MP4 but hit-and-miss with AVI.(from my experience at least...)

someone told me to put a 'folder.jpg' in the folder for a thumbnail but I never got it to work; I'd be interested to know if there is a way...