xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NetFlix Streaming Performance Statement  (Read 209 times)

iceman72

• Archived User
NetFlix Streaming Performance Statement
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »

I too signed up for Netflix once the update came out. Only problem I have is the garbage they have to watch. They really need to do something about the content itself. I end up picking movies I just dont want to watch. The service needs to be better content wise or a lot of people are gonna junk it. I too have Fios and I expect good movies and nothing but the best quality.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(iceman72 @ Dec 6 2008, 10:53 AM) View Post

I too signed up for Netflix once the update came out. Only problem I have is the garbage they have to watch. They really need to do something about the content itself. I end up picking movies I just dont want to watch. The service needs to be better content wise or a lot of people are gonna junk it. I too have Fios and I expect good movies and nothing but the best quality.

hmmm, most of the movies in our queue are better than the garbage that was released in theatres this year(2008). sure it would be nice to have more selection, but my wife and i have about 75 movies in our instant queue and our only complaint would be that about half of the movies expire on jan 1st so there is no way we can watch all of those films. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

i highly suggest to everyone that they take the time to review movies they have seen and NEVER click the "Not Interested" button for a movie unless it is part of a genre you will NEVER want to watch. you will have a much easier time finding movies you like if you give reviews to movies you have seen already.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

I cant seem to get over 2 bars with half my instant Q not even playing - are these teh issues they were having before?

did a speed test and I am showing normal speeds so must either be the 360 or the netflix service

iceman72

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Dec 6 2008, 04:08 PM) View Post

hmmm, most of the movies in our queue are better than the garbage that was released in theatres this year(2008). sure it would be nice to have more selection, but my wife and i have about 75 movies in our instant queue and our only complaint would be that about half of the movies expire on jan 1st so there is no way we can watch all of those films. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

i highly suggest to everyone that they take the time to review movies they have seen and NEVER click the "Not Interested" button for a movie unless it is part of a genre you will NEVER want to watch. you will have a much easier time finding movies you like if you give reviews to movies you have seen already.

wow 75 movies. my wife went through the entire collection and saw nothing she wanted. i ended up picking some crap to fill up my que up to 20 movies. those are really not worth viewing. they need to have the current movies that they ship out. the on demand stuff is just old and if you actually get out and to a movie or buy dvd's they are just way too out dated.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(iceman72 @ Dec 7 2008, 06:25 PM) View Post

wow 75 movies. my wife went through the entire collection and saw nothing she wanted. i ended up picking some crap to fill up my que up to 20 movies. those are really not worth viewing. they need to have the current movies that they ship out. the on demand stuff is just old and if you actually get out and to a movie or buy dvd's they are just way too out dated.

i personally think 2008 was a bad year for movies. probably the worst year since titanic was released.

however, you are correct about the availability of recent big budget movies and i suppose a lot of my queued movies are older dramas and my wife added more than a few older comedies, but we have never seen them. plus, imho, a good drama needs good actors, not modern effects... i am looking forward to watching "soylent green" later tonight and "the wild bunch" tomorrow night.

we are very happy to not spend time looking walking the aisles of blockbuster, with little ones in tow, looking for a good movie to spend time watching this week(we used to do that on sundays). i may even decide to watch "dog day afternoon" tomorrow night instead, but that freedom is what makes this feature even better than a rental store or a movie channel.

ssj4android

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »

I'm currently on a 30-day risk free trial. I'll probably cancel it to get my money back then sign up for the $8/month plan. Just watched Weird Science tonight (on my laptop), I'm probably going to watch Ghost in the Shell before they take it down (I wish they didn't do that) at the end of the month.
I have it activated on my 360 as well as my brother's. Are these tied to the Xbox Live account or the actual 360? Will the activations persist when I cancel the subscription? What about when I downgrade to the lower service?
Also, sub-profiles don't get Watch Instantly, just the regular DVD queuing. They didn't want to make it THAT easy to account share, I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]