xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HDCP Required For Xbox 360 HD Netflix Streaming  (Read 162 times)

JustDanMI

• Archived User
HDCP Required For Xbox 360 HD Netflix Streaming
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »

I thought Netflix wasn't even available by itself outside of the US.  Kind of hard for M$ to force Netflix to do business in the rest of the world when it doesn't already.

And wasn't there some company M$ was talking to over in Europe that was similar to Netflix?  Sounds like other companies should be contacting M$ and trying to partner up with them to offer  a similar service outside of the US.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(dpbmt @ Oct 30 2008, 08:13 PM) View Post

so this netflix thing is us only? thats gay, whats the point starting a service that only 1 country can make use of...  dry.gif
This is what annoys me the most. All of Microsoft's adverts/videos/PR etc etc surrounding the new dash never bothers to mention that Netflix is a US only feature. They are misleading the Live customers from other countries. A few of my friends who had heard about the new dash were talking about how they were looking forward to streaming Netflix videos etc. They were disappointed and insisted I must be wrong when I said it was US only.

Fair enough Netflix only operates within the US but there are similar services in other countries Microsoft could partner up with. Can you imagine what would happen if the rest of the world got a new feature and the US was left out?. The forums would explode with posts of total outrage. You only need to look at what happened with the NXE preview to get a small idea of what it would be like.

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(spodee @ Oct 30 2008, 02:27 PM) View Post

5 Years ago purchased 50' LCD projection hitachi with DVI cable Model 50 V 500a(Amazingly survived a fire).  Unsure if its HDCP compatable or not.  Then to ensure 3 HDMI connections purchased a Sony STR DG720 tuner (I know its low range).  Run HDMI to DVI from receiver to TV.  I just ensure any content via HDMI outputs PCM sound and voila everything has been kosher for me.

Now if I could just get the stupid streaming from my Vista Ult. 64 to my 360 working I would order netflix.  Worked fine for my 1st three decks now nothing.
Just to let you know, not everything over HDMI is HDCP encrypted. In fact, a lot of the older HD stuff isn't. I'm not entirely sure on what (if anything) uses it now.
Pages: 1 [2]