xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Microsoft: Photo, Video Sharing Could Easily Be Added To New Xbox Expe  (Read 83 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Microsoft: Photo, Video Sharing Could Easily Be Added To New Xbox Experience
Posted by XanTium | October 10 19:19 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From multiplayerblog.mtv.com:

* MTV Multiplayer: There's the idea that if I downloaded a movie, or say I had Netflix and all my friends had Netflix, is is theoretically possible that if we all wanted to watch "Michael Clayton," that it's possible you could create an application that allowed you to do that?
* "Yes," said Xbox director of marketing Albert Penello. "Those types of things are certainly the aspiration."

"You know, we talked about photo sharing," added Xbox senior strategist Rob Gruhl. "That's something that, hey, if we want to do photo sharing, we just build that app, drop it in, party enable it and we're good to go. If we wanted to do movie sharing, build an app, party enable it, drop it in. Really, it's [the new dashboard] just laying the foundation for our next wave, our next step. Continuing to fill it out, continuing to build it."

Full Story: multiplayerblog.mtv.com

Tiuk

• Archived User
Microsoft: Photo, Video Sharing Could Easily Be Added To New Xbox Expe
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

It'll be really interesting to see how far MS goes with this.

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »

Um, wtf, these were features that were already supposed to be in NXE. Now they're saying they're not?

StaTiKMaT

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 12:49:00 AM »

Ya I'm pretty sure they demoed photo sharing at E3 and also said that Netflix users could watch movies together.... so WTF happend?!