xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Microsoft Again Denies 360 Blu-ray  (Read 189 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Microsoft Again Denies 360 Blu-ray
« on: October 10, 2008, 05:19:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | October 10 18:43 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From edge-online.com:

Rumors of an Xbox 360 Blu-ray add-on once again surfaced this week, but Microsoft in typical fashion swatted down reports that the peripheral is on its way.

"As we've said before, Microsoft has no plans to introduce an Xbox 360 Blu-ray add-on," the firm told Edge. "Games are what drive consumers to purchase game consoles, and we remain focused on providing the largest library of blockbuster games available."

Full Story: edge-online.com

pinkerton

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

Here we go again........

jimk72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »

Damn them, Who cares what drives consumers to purchase the 360! We all know the 360 is hands down the best gaming system with the games it has and the games coming out. What about all of us that bought the 360 and the HD addon instead of the PS3. I say they should do it for all of us that have already bought thier system! I have no plans on buying a PS3 but I am considering getting a blu-ray player for christmass this year. So I can pay for a stand alone player and waste my money or buy a PS3 to play the movies and have a system in my house to compete with the 360. MS needs to see this! Build it not to sell more 360s but so 360 owners do not need to buy a PS3. By not building it they are encouraging us to go with the PS3. It just makes sense to sell it!!  Its not like they would lose money as Blu-ray drives(OEM) are <$100. Put it in a case and add the software and your set! WTF MS

TerminatR

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »

"As we've said before, Microsoft has no plans to introduce HDMI to the Xbox 360"   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)

luminous

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »

Hurry up and make the damn thing i dont want to buy a ps3

wadam1230

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »

Maybe it's been overstated here, I havent been around these forums in a while, but why is this not in their interest?  This is exactly what I want as a 360 fan and it would be at the top of my list for holiday selfish purchases.  Streaming video has a long way to go before I plan to adopt it (mainly the watch in 24hour catch which is impossible with a 2yr old)

Anyway, logic today if you want BluRay is: I want HD Movies > Buy BR player > May as well get PS3 for the price > Buy PS3 -- so as a competition move, how is this not a no brainer?

RELIC

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(luminous @ Oct 11 2008, 02:04 AM) *

Hurry up and make the damn thing i dont want to buy a ps3

Exactly, I want Iron in HD but when dark knight comes out Microsoft better have a player or I'm buying a ps3.

BulkySam

• Archived User

johnnyrico

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 04:10:00 AM »

I don't understand X-S keeps on posting blu-ray chitter until there magically surfaces an official announcement MS IS gonna sell blu-ray, or even better: when a testing unit or retail unit is spotted.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 04:20:00 AM »

Maybe some of us like the "chitter." This is a discussion board. The threads only exist if you click on them; you certainly don't have to.

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »

Am I the only one that isn't really interested in blueray at all ?! I have a huge library of dvd movies and imo that quality is still more than enough. I have a flat TV with HDMI support and also a surroundsystem and a projector that supports HDTV but still that doesn't make me interested in blowing alot of unneccesary cash on blueray movies and a player just to get a slightly better experience.

tutu

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »

Blu-ray is what drives gamers to the PS3  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

eduardor2k

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(tutu @ Oct 11 2008, 04:27 PM) *

Blu-ray is what drives gamers to the PS3  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

yea and thats abought it.

g8crapachino

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(TerminatR @ Oct 11 2008, 12:59 AM) *

"As we've said before, Microsoft has no plans to introduce HDMI to the Xbox 360"   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)

What's your point??   There has been a constant and firm denial from Microsoftr concerning Blue-ray for the 360.  A single contradictory statement about HDMI from nearly three years ago is hardly a relevent argument...let it go already.