xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pachter: 1 Million Xbox Live Gold Members to Join Netflix by '09  (Read 177 times)

Casper1786

• Archived User
Pachter: 1 Million Xbox Live Gold Members to Join Netflix by '09
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

heres to hoping netflix finally decided to come to canada like they discussed, we have zip.ca and they suck, no online streaming and there package deals in comparrisson are shitty i want netflix, funny thing is that i was already thinkin bout signing up for netflix before all this(just shortly) then i saw this 360 support and decided to go for it and then i read that they don't do canada

and btw to who mentioned region difference of XBL i do beleave there is a difference of the two, some content has been exclusive, for example in canada we cannot get the family guy Gamer pics, and i'm curious if the canada day stuff shows up on US accounts or the Canadian Gamer adds that show up in the events

This post has been edited by Casper1786: Jul 27 2008, 11:54 PM

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »

i could easily be one of those 1 million too. i used to be a netflix member but cancelled it a while back. i'm waiting to see what people's initial reactions are to the netflix integration this fall. if good, i will probably sign back up.

Mystakill

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(trentdadi @ Jul 27 2008, 01:01 PM) View Post
For one, you can get two years of the xbox live gold service for the price of that box and also you can play games online.  There isn't much point to owning a 360 if you don't play online unless you really like single player games.

My only concern is that I canceled my Netflix account a few months ago, but from what I remember, it was only the older movies that you could stream.  I dont remember ever seeing a new release that had the option to stream.  Hopefully with all these new customers they will be getting, they will do something about that to give us a better service.
I grew out of the multiplayer thing awhile ago, most likely due to the fact that I only get to play at night when my kids are in bed.  None of my buddies is online then, so I typically stick with single-player fare.

Also, I fully expect the Roku box to drop to ~$50 in 6-9 months.  It is mostly older content, but there's enough stuff there to keep my kids busy; add it to the queue and let them pick whatever they want to watch.  For everything else, there's always DVD & Blu-Ray.
Pages: 1 [2]