xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Streaming Movies And Divx To The Xbox 360  (Read 176 times)

blazoman64

• Archived User
Streaming Movies And Divx To The Xbox 360
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

Hello there people of the xbox scene community i am able to stream movies/divx to my 360 by downloading the latest update and connecting to my pc but the problem is i can only see shared documents and none of the other folders i have shared is there a way to get around this.

THANKS A MILLION!

GuitaristX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »

You need to specify the OS you're using. If you're running windows xp, follow these instructions:

You can specify which folders you want shared using Windows Media Connect.

Download here:

http://download.chip.eu/en/Windows-Media-C...2.0_116694.html

First, click on the devices tab, and make sure your 360 and has "allow" permissions.

Next, click on the sharing tab, then specify which folders you want shared. I have 2 external HDDs that I use for multimedia purposes only, so I shared out the roots of both drives. You can do this on your computer by right clicking on the drive you want to share, selecting "share this folder on the network" and creating a share name for that drive.

Finally, click on the settings tab. Make sure you check the box that says "automatically start folder sharing when windows starts."

This should get you through, assuming you don't have a Vista or other OS.

blazoman64

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »

Ok thanks, i am running vista on two pc's and xp on the other two. So far i have only been able to see and connect to one vista pc. How on the 360 can you disconnect from one pc and search for another?

Thanks!

Wh1teW1d0W

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »

I have the same problem and I tried to share the folder an its still not showing up.  I have to move the file I want to watch to the shared video folder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif) . This sucks there has to be a solution to this

hitman24

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »

Price of cake if haven't been looked out of X-BOX Live; thier's an update from Microsoft.
I use an USB HDD because my X-BOX 360 doesn't see Linux MCE, and I do what to use it with Linux MCE, but
because of what Microsoft has done with XNA, the cost of the PS2 with boot discs, and PS3 running Ubuntu Linux I don't fell modding is needed any more.          

blazoman64

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 06:55:00 AM »

Ok got all working with windows media connect and Microsoft 360 media update. But for some reason when i plug in my 500gig usb external hard drive it doesn't show up on 360 does it have something to do with it being formatted in NTFS?

hitman24

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 07:23:00 AM »

My 1TB drive is formated NTSF and their's issue with both my X-BOX 360 and PS3.

This post has been edited by hitman24: Jul 10 2008, 02:24 PM

Wh1teW1d0W

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »

So no solution to this?

we can only see shared folder?  I even have other shared folders and I cant see them.  An d I cant play XVID in media center.  Why is Microsoft beating around the bush with providing an easy solution to stream video content?

blazoman64

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »

ok download media update from xbox live then install windows media connect on your pc, connect your 360 to it, then share any folder you want.

madnizz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wh1teW1d0W @ Jul 10 2008, 08:02 PM) *

So no solution to this?

we can only see shared folder?  I even have other shared folders and I cant see them.  An d I cant play XVID in media center.  Why is Microsoft beating around the bush with providing an easy solution to stream video content?

Microsoft is not beating around the bush, you are.
Open up ur windows media player 11 on Vista,go to options > Library > Configure Sharing.
Make sure ur xbox360 is allowed to read the Library, then continue to the tab below "monitor folders"
Here u can specify which of ur folders are to be shared.

Now go enjoy those freaking movies of urs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

BoDEAN

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 10:00:00 AM »

Or try tversity

MrCapcom

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(blazoman64 @ Jul 10 2008, 01:55 PM) *

Ok got all working with windows media connect and Microsoft 360 media update. But for some reason when i plug in my 500gig usb external hard drive it doesn't show up on 360 does it have something to do with it being formatted in NTFS?

360 only sees fat 32

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(MrCapcom @ Aug 6 2008, 02:43 PM) *

360 only sees fat 32

Thats not exactly true.  The 360 can read from FAT, FAT32, or HFS+ file systems.  But since the question was regarding network streaming, I am pretty sure he meant when he plugged the drive into his PC, at which point it doesn't matter what format it is in, it just needs to be added to the shares list.