xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: TVersity 1.0 RC1  (Read 121 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
TVersity 1.0 RC1
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »

TVersity 1.0 RC1
Posted by XanTium | June 30 12:16 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From the official tversity blog:

We are delighted to announce the general availability of the first release candidate of our 1.0 version. Please note that this is a release candidate and not a final release, meaning that we need your feedback in order to fix issues and turn this into a final release as fast as possible.

We will post full release notes shortly, in the meantime in case you missed it, this release is all about user interface and usability, but it also includes many bug fixes and other minor and major improvements to the transcoding engine, media library, auto discovery by devices, and much more.

In order to simplify some of the initial configuration needed to get TVersity up and running for the first time, we are including in this release a configuration wizard that can do most of these tasks for you. This includes firewall setup, service auto-start setup, Vista setup issues and more.

The codec pack has been updated as well, for best transcoding results it is recommended to install it. Our transcoding engine can now for the first time download FLV and MP4 videos, convert them and stream them to devices all at the same time. We have had this capability for a while with WMV streams but other formats needed to be pre-downloaded - not anymore!

Official Site: http://tversity.com
Download: here

Mr. Me

• Archived User
TVersity 1.0 RC1
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »

I remember reading a promise for a Linux port after reaching version 1.0......hopefully that's still in the agenda.

This post has been edited by Mr. Me: Jun 30 2008, 08:22 PM

iceman72

• Archived User
TVersity 1.0 RC1
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

Gotta love Tversity!!! Any new update is a good update for me. Wonder if it will work half as good on my PS3 and it does on my 360!!!

dougsdir

• Archived User
TVersity 1.0 RC1
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »

With RC1.0 you still cant browse music folders on the Xbox 360 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)  which is crap if you have a large music collection

It works fine on the PC!

mercury187

• Archived User
TVersity 1.0 RC1
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »

yeah i'm wondering if theyv fixed anything regarding the ps3, i cannot stream anything to my 40gb with latest fw, you click on a mp3 or 10mb .mp4 and the screen just goes black and i can see the data lights on my hub flash a few times but thats about it, streaming to 360 is flawless though...
For the music I have a large collection also, i just browse by artist...

ssj4android

• Archived User
TVersity 1.0 RC1
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »

WTF, this release includes crapware:
We are also including in this release a web surfing toolbar from our partner Ask.com. It has always been our goal to introduce some web surfing tool that can help surfers uncover media URLs and share them with TVersity. We are taking the first step in this direction by forming this partnership with Ask. We are starting with their generic toolbar (made available in this release) and we are planning to continue in the future with a specialized TVersity toolbar that is integrated with Ask's video search results.

Looks like it's optional though, so no big deal.
Also, why should I need to disable UAC? That just seems stupid.

This post has been edited by ssj4android: Jul 1 2008, 06:45 PM