xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Can't See Pc On The Network  (Read 138 times)

bassquake

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Can't See Pc On The Network
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

Did you try what I suggested above by renaming your pc?

benjaway

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(bassquake @ Feb 4 2008, 09:19 PM) View Post

Hi,

Ive been having this same problem and spent the last couple of days sorting it. I finally fixed it, I hope it'll work for you!

I got this error in the event log whenever the media player found the 360...
So I spent ages hunting down fixes and none worked. But after knuckling down and trying to fix it myself then do the following... check that these services are running...

HTTP SSL
SSDP Discovery Service
Universal Plug and Play Device Host

If all that checks out and you still find the 360 not seeing the pc, then:

Goto the Run box in XP, type regsvr32 upnphost.dll then restart your PC. Checking the sharing box is ticked in Media Players Library, the 360 should see your PC now.

If it still doesnt work, then run regedt32 and find the key {204810b9-73b2-11d4-bf42-00b0d0118b56}. Right click on it, select permissions and check the Read and Allow is ticked for your Username. (ps. I cant be held responsible if this registry edit will f*ck ur pc but it shouldnt do :) ).

Glad I can finally view the HD stuff that XBMC cant handle.

Good luck

I just joined this forum because YOU SAVED MY LIFE!!!!  Thanx for the help on that one, my discovery service was disabled and I had thought I checked everything.  Only useful info on the whole net thanx again bassquake

spathi-wa

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »

For those still stuck with this, could you list your Router make, model and firmware version?

I had a weird problem with my d-link router and the solution was unorthodox, to say the least.

Barkleyonline

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(spathi-wa @ Dec 2 2008, 01:52 AM) View Post

For those still stuck with this, could you list your Router make, model and firmware version?

I had a weird problem with my d-link router and the solution was unorthodox, to say the least.

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router with the most recent firmware (just updated a couple days ago) that I'm using in a wired array, and I am completely unable to see my Xbox 360 from my PC (runing Windows XP Pro SP3) and vice versa.  I've spent the last week searching online and trying to fix this myself.  Last night, I finally broke down and called Xbox live customer support and spoke with "Jen" in the (I think it was) Multimedia Center.  She went through a number of steps I have already done (checking certain services are running, placing files in the My Documents folder, etc.)  While she had me on hold one of the times, I was able to run the XP Network wizard and, naming a network "WORKGROUP" was able to see the other PC I have in my house (an old Win 2000 system), but still no Xbox 360 in my Network Places (in my WMP 11, even though I've enabled sharing, I can't see ANYTHING to share files with, not even my other computer shows up).  Eventually, after placing me on hold probably four times, she went where I knew she would go, and told me I'd need to contact Linksys, that it is a router issue.  She also mentioned I'd need to forward something like thirty ports, though she said she couldn't tell me what they were.  As of right now, based on what I've seen online, I've fowarded ports 3390-3932, 5555, 80-88, 3074, 2074, 7777, 53, 1900 (all set to both TCP and UDP).  What am I missing here?  Windows Firewall is off.  I'm running Norton Internet Security 2009 and Comodo Internet security, but I've opened ports in them, and even tried to connect to the Xbox 360 with both of them off.  

Can anyone please help?  It seems like this should be easier than it is.

Thanks,

-B

briandayton97

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »

]I am having the same problems but i am running windows vista. will the same fix still work for my system. Also I am not that advanced the computer and i want to make sure that I dont screw anything up. Any help would be greatly apreciated. sad.gif

Zigga

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 06:21:00 AM »

I have the same kind of problem but even stranger. I really hope someone can help me.
I have PC running Window Vista and with Windows Media Center.
My 360 finds the PC when I use Windows Media Center from the Xbox ...... but, and here is the strange part .... it cant find the pc from the dashboard. Sometimes the computer name shows up but it cant connect to it.
Ports are open in the firewall (D-link router) and sharing enabled in wmp 11.
Reason I want to use the dashboard instead of Windows Media Center is that the Center cant run the movies I have on my computer. Codecs missing. thats also strange cause they work on the computer ...

Octave5555

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »

i've tried it all guys and found this solution:  i had to update my DRM.  check out this link

http://forums.xbox.c...7/ShowPost.aspx

just follow the directions of resetting and updating.

Reset DRM
Reboot
Upgrade
Stream to Xbox 360

i hope this helps those of you who are running Vista, WMP11 and can't get the 360 to find you computer.

cheers.

Roooney

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »

I have a strange problem too.

My 360 is connected to live, but I can't connect it to Mediacenter nor my computer. I have done the extender part and everything aswell.

IP's at my 360:

IP settings - Automatic
IP address -  **.106.180.168
Subnet - 255.255.254.0
Gateway - **.106.180.1

My PC:

IP address - **.106.129.1
Subnet - 255.255.248.
Gateway -**.106.128.1

However, I have the old xbox up and running aswell, connected to internet, but THIS I CAN FIND.

IP address - **.106.180.39
Subnet - 255.255.254.0
Gateway - **.106.180.1

I also have a dreambox connected to the internet, and I can find this with my computer aswell.

IP address - **.106.181.192
Same subnet and gateway as xbox/360.

This is really complicated, and I understand nothing. I have a switch connected to my PC,360,xbox and dreambox, and one of the LAN ports are connected to my router. I can't get access to the router to change settings there. I have tried to set a manual IP to my 360, everything similar to my PC except changing the last number (which i have to).

Can anybody help me?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Roooney @ Jan 13 2009, 08:13 AM) View Post

I have a strange problem too.

My 360 is connected to live, but I can't connect it to Mediacenter nor my computer. I have done the extender part and everything aswell.

IP's at my 360:

IP settings - Automatic
IP address -  **.106.180.168
Subnet - 255.255.254.0
Gateway - **.106.180.1

My PC:

IP address - **.106.129.1
Subnet - 255.255.248.
Gateway -**.106.128.1

However, I have the old xbox up and running aswell, connected to internet, but THIS I CAN FIND.

IP address - **.106.180.39
Subnet - 255.255.254.0
Gateway - **.106.180.1

I also have a dreambox connected to the internet, and I can find this with my computer aswell.

IP address - **.106.181.192
Same subnet and gateway as xbox/360.

This is really complicated, and I understand nothing. I have a switch connected to my PC,360,xbox and dreambox, and one of the LAN ports are connected to my router. I can't get access to the router to change settings there. I have tried to set a manual IP to my 360, everything similar to my PC except changing the last number (which i have to).

Can anybody help me?

Is this a home network?  I am a little confused as the reason for your different subnets/3rd octet as this can definitely cause you some problems.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »

What type of switch are you using?  Are you in the right ports?  Is the uplink port the one heading to your router?

xXvdubXx

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »

I am having a similar problem:

I am running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3

I have all of the services started, Windows Media Player 11 is sharing to the xbox 360
but I still cannot find the PC on my Xbox 360.

I used all of the 'solutions' here, and am still left without a result.  It keeps bringing me up to this stupid, PC Not Listed thing on my xbox when I do a PC Connection Test.  It's getting kind of frustrating now...

paddy_pilani

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »

I hope this helps:

1) First, check your task manager.
2) In the "Services" tab, check if "upnphost" service is in "Running" state.
3) If not, enable it.

Typically, softwares which promise increasing performence of a PC, disable all the idle services and due to this, services like upnphost get disabled.

I am sure if you enable it, everything should work fine.
Pages: 1 [2]