xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: LIVE Video Store Launches in EU/CA and More Warner Bros Films  (Read 110 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
LIVE Video Store Launches in EU/CA and More Warner Bros Films
« on: December 11, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

LIVE Video Store Launches in EU/CA and More  Warner Bros Films
Posted by XanTium | December 11 13:15 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From the press release:

Microsoft Corporation today affirmed its place as global leader in downloadable high-definition gaming and entertainment content, as its Xbox LIVE Marketplace Video Store service launched in five new countries - Canada, France, Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Following a highly successful launch in the United States last year, all Xbox 360 owners connected to the internet in the above countries can now download to rent both high definition and standard definition movies direct to their console using Xbox LIVE Marketplace Video Store.

Following last week's launch announcement where Microsoft revealed partnerships with Warner Bros and Europacorp in Europe to bring exciting films to rent on Xbox LIVE including 300, Zodiac, Harry Potter and The Good German, Xbox 360 owners can also expect to download to rent additional Warner Bros films such as Batman Forever, Batman Returns, Analyze That[1], by the end of the year. Cost per download for a catalogue film is from as little as 250 Microsoft Points (ERP £2) for Standard Definition movies and from 380 Microsoft Points (ERP £3.20) for High Definition movies.

If all these film titles that we've got lined up aren't enough to whet the appetites of Xbox consumers, then we've teamed up with Warner Bros to give eligible Xbox customers a special Christmas treat. From 00.01a.m. on Friday 28th December until 11.59 pm the same day (24hrs only), people will be able to download a mystery title in HD for 99p in the UK. Stay tuned for more information on this soon.

lostprophet_23

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »

Gonna rent my first movie tonight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

niftey

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »

Following last week's launch announcement where Microsoft revealed partnerships with Warner Bros and Europacorp in Europe to bring exciting films to rent on Xbox LIVE including 300, Zodiac, Harry Potter and The Good German

Hmm I have heard of all these films.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

But I have never heard of Harry Potter and The Good German. (sounds fun)

Just kidding, made me laugh though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by niftey: Dec 11 2007, 08:59 PM

mcklain

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

Last time I checked we used Euros in most of Europe, not british pounds.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

If all these film titles that we've got lined up aren't enough to whet the appetites of Xbox consumers, then we've teamed up with Warner Bros to give eligible Xbox customers a special Christmas treat. From 00.01a.m. on Friday 28th December until 11.59 pm the same day (24hrs only), people will be able to download a mystery title in HD for 99p in the UK. Stay tuned for more information on this soon

Nice..

Last time I checked we used Euros in most of Europe, not british pounds.

Use http://www.xe.com

steveju

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »

If you're lazy...

3,2£ == 4,4693€ (~$6.56)
2£ == 2,7933€ (~$4.1)
0,99£ == 1,3827€ (~$2.03)

slowass

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »

Guess MS will have to come up with another tactic when it comes to banning consoles from Live. They are biting the hand will feeds them if they want to sell Digital Distribution.

Im all for Originals on Live and all that but its stupid to bann a console from the marketplcae or what they call it.

jdsony

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(slowass @ Dec 11 2007, 09:55 PM) *

Guess MS will have to come up with another tactic when it comes to banning consoles from Live. They are biting the hand will feeds them if they want to sell Digital Distribution.

Im all for Originals on Live and all that but its stupid to bann a console from the marketplcae or what they call it.

I kinda agree with you but it's not like Microsoft isn't charging enough to make a killing even if only 5 people buy the content =p

I'm banned and there is a lot of stuff in the Marketplace that I would buy. I would also possibly buy a gold account if I wasn't banned. I doubt things will change though, it didn't for the first XBOX.

nha

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »

Wow just checked it out and it's far too little to late! Nothing you couldn't do with XBMC. I hate that there's only 24 films to choose from and the majority pretty old and not very relevant - why would people want to rent older movies?? Just take a look at the shelves in blockbuster - people want to see the new movies! Absolute crap... and no good for those with a 20gb hard drive.

zest

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

Well this news that SOMEONE outside the US also going to get hold of the service that LIVE provides. Now i can hardly wait for us in the rest of the world to get it....

88 Ecko Unltd 88

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

I wounder if the US will get something like the British 99p for a hd movie a dam good deal i say

bassquake

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

I like the preview trailers. It buffers and plays back quick. That should be used for all the game demo videos as well so wouldnt have to wait ages for a download.

This service is only viable it if you have the 120gb drive and even then its kinda pushing it. MS should do a universal swap of 20gb to 120. 20 is just laughable (which is what i got cos it was all i could afford at the inflated prices as they are).  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by bassquake: Dec 12 2007, 10:25 PM

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

bump anyone know what the title is? I wanna try it..