xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Have Updated My 360 But Divx/xvid Still Won't Play  (Read 75 times)

sdooley

• Archived User
I Have Updated My 360 But Divx/xvid Still Won't Play
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »

sorry for the noob question but I just downloaded the new live update that is supposed to let you playback DIVX/XVID files but my 360 still says that it is still missing the codec to play these files. What am I doing wrong,what am i missing..... encoding DIVX is nothing new for me so I don't think it is a issue with my files.

Mike4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(sdooley @ Dec 10 2007, 07:56 PM) View Post

sorry for the noob question but I just downloaded the new live update that is supposed to let you playback DIVX/XVID files but my 360 still says that it is still missing the codec to play these files. What am I doing wrong,what am i missing..... encoding DIVX is nothing new for me so I don't think it is a issue with my files.

After the update, you still need to download some other component for DivX playback (I don't know why or the name of it).  I'm pretty sure it gives you the option to download it as soon as that error message comes up unless you're offline.  If it didn't give you the option, make sure your XBOX is online and try to play a file.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »

If you are trying to play it through mediacenter, you cannot.  It hasn't been implemented yet for MCE.

88 Ecko Unltd 88

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »

you should get prompted to download the dvix codec when you try playing a avi file once the error message comes up

gunzdiesel

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

Has to be .avi, try renaming and see if it works