xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thumbnails With Vid Collection  (Read 95 times)

XBNormUK

• Archived User
Thumbnails With Vid Collection
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »

Okay, so following the update my entire vid collection is now available to view and stream on my 360! Woot!

Now that i have it all there, im trying to make it look a bit prettier, now im not sure if I have missed something but i cant seem to have a thumbnail showing with my vids.
All my media is stored on my pc, and is then streamed to the 360 using Windows Media Connect. (I dont use WMP11 at all as i hate it). So, when I access my movie or tv shows folders, there seems to be a spot dedicated for a thumbnail on the 360 dash, but all i get is a standard icon, (filmstrip i think). Is there a way I can pull icons from the net automatically from within the 360 dash. Should it already be doing it, have i maybe got to rename them all. Or, do i need to put each vid in its own folder with a jpeg named to, well what, same name asthe vid file?

Just wondering, hope that makes sense to someone. Thanks in advance

kseries

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

the .jpg have to be in the same folder as the movie  for that .jpg to work with that movie..

XBNormUK

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

yeah have read up a bit since positing but thanks for the replies anyways guys. Shame the 360 wont pull thumbs from a remote share as XBMC will, but hey, i guess we will have to get used to hearing and saying that line for a while yet.
That said, the best update for sure, what with the XNA, the Arcade, Originals, and now access to your media collection, I'd say MS are getting there with this thing despite the initial woeful hardware release. A bit of codec improvement over the next update or two and pretty soon we will run out of reasons to hack this thing! (Except software piracy of course, which I suspect is exactly what MS are waiting for, then I reckon we will see the mother of all ban hammers, but hey, thats another thread for another day!) ;-)

Bye for now