xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hd-dvd Freezes Up  (Read 95 times)

emailer33

• Archived User
Hd-dvd Freezes Up
« on: October 17, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

So I just picked up the new Transformers HD-DVD, and now whenever i load the "web update" (when you insert the disc), my xbox 360 locks up, no guide, no menu, nothing.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Also I do have the latest HD-DVD software update if that matters.

Clyde Chicken

• Archived User
Hd-dvd Freezes Up
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(emailer33 @ Oct 17 2007, 03:25 PM) View Post

So I just picked up the new Transformers HD-DVD, and now whenever i load the "web update" (when you insert the disc), my xbox 360 locks up, no guide, no menu, nothing.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Also I do have the latest HD-DVD software update if that matters.

I had the same thing, I was able to cancel the web update the first time but 1/2 way trough the movie stopped and restarted it. 2nd time I could not cancel and the only way to play the movie without it locking up at the web update was to take the Xbox 360 off the internet (disconnect the Ethernet cable).

damoneyshot

• Archived User
Hd-dvd Freezes Up
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(AZinNC @ Oct 19 2007, 12:36 AM) View Post

I had the same problem.  What I did to fix it was this:

1) Go to the System tab
2) Choose the Memory option
3) Select the HD-DVD player
4) Delete the appropriate "cookie" on the HD-DVD player - I wasn't sure which one, so I deleted all of them.
5) Go back to the main area and restart the HD-DVD movie.  It downloaded the full update and worked perfectly.

Good Luck!

Worked Great. Thanks for getting me out of a bind.