xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: An Mkv To Mp4 Passthrough Results In Garbled Playback.  (Read 187 times)

ze_olc

• Archived User
An Mkv To Mp4 Passthrough Results In Garbled Playback.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 10:32:00 AM »

to know what pofiles the xbox needs, you'll have to check its detailed multimedia features and specifications. it must be on xbox.com. i think it is up to main profile 4 but i might be wrong.

yes, you can see the profile that was used; i think thats what gotsent tries to do; one of the tool of the gotsent package certainly does that.

basically what you guy are trying to do is cool but it wont work. i tried extensively, gotsent is a step in the right direction but it is not reliable. most of those 720P videos that you get from ... wont work. tricking the xbox into thinking it can read a file is nice but since its codec cant play it properly, it is a waste of time.

This post has been edited by ze_olc: Yesterday, 06:36 PM

Goodgsheppard

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(ze_olc @ Dec 10 2007, 06:32 PM) View Post

to know what pofiles the xbox needs, you'll have to check its detailed multimedia features and specifications. it must be on xbox.com. i think it is up to main profile 4 but i might be wrong.

yes, you can see the profile that was used; i think thats what gotsent tries to do; one of the tool of the gotsent package certainly does that.

basically what you guy are trying to do is cool but it wont work. i tried extensively, gotsent is a step in the right direction but it is not reliable. most of those 720P videos that you get from ... wont work. tricking the xbox into thinking it can read a file is nice but since its codec cant play it properly, it is a waste of time.

thanks. So it looks like we have to convert the tough ones. But normaly Gotsent works fine. 1 File of 10 did not work.

meppy

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »

Any thing extra to tick/done as i tryed like 3 mkv files all 4 gig films and still get squares  mad.gif

ze_olc

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

Any thing extra to tick/done as i tryed like 3 mkv files all 4 gig films and still get squares

transcoding is your only bet but you'll lose quality so there is no point in doing that; also ,it takes ages to transcode HD files...

meppy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »

Well tryed a septic release and works fine no squares tho im sure when playing via pc on 360 it looks better then off a disc not sure if that was just lights.
Pages: 1 [2]