xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tutorial: How To Convert Dts Track To Ac3  (Read 314 times)

Adam19

• Archived User
Tutorial: How To Convert Dts Track To Ac3
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »

Have any of you found that after doing this the resulting audio file comes out very quiet?

VanguardMindwarp

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

Great tutorial!

One question.
What do you do after step 8??  How do you replace the DTS with the new AC3??

thanks

VanguardMindwarp

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »

I figured it out - feelin a lil stoopid now  blink.gif

And yes the audio is lower - volume wise.

Adam19

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(VanguardMindwarp @ Dec 28 2007, 10:05 PM) *

And yes the audio is lower - volume wise.

What did you do to get around it? as i have found its almost unwatchable unless the volume is almost maximum.

VanguardMindwarp

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »

Adam19
Nothing special - just followed the tutorial.  For me the only thing was the decrease in volume.

noremacyug

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »

i've never noticed a change in volume in my conversions.  not that i've really done many, but none the less, never noticed a drop in volume.

Obveron

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »

Nice tut, but I think if you're given a DTS audio source, you should convert it to WAV then straight to WMA.

Skip the AC3, which will further degrade the audio, by making 1 extra lossy conversion!  Go from DTS to WAV then straight to WMA 10 Pro 5.1
Or, in the case for MP4 movies, go straight from DTS to AAC 2.0

If your plan is to encode the audio in WMA 10 pro 5.1, then converting WAV to AC3 is an unnecessary lossy step.

And if you plan to encode it into 2ch AAC LC, then again going to AC3 is pointless.

I understand the guides WMV and MP4 start with AC3 audio, and not DTS... but converting DTS to AC3 just to convert it again to WMA or AAC, seems a little weird.

boydjp

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »

I really need help!! I have done everything that all guides have told me to (spilt the file, everything) I've made it to the BeLight option, add all the tracks(FL, C, SR, etc.)  but when I click the Start Processing or Advance settings I get
"Access Violation at address 0050F563 in module 'Belight.exe'. Read of Address 00000030"
Please please help me, could it be the way I have downloaded these programs on my hard drive?

mikey64

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(evans05 @ Dec 15 2007, 01:11 AM) View Post

i did my first test on this and it just came out as a notepad file? thats not right is it, when i then click the file it said error, im transcoding one now but its still on 00.00%. any ideas
no dnt push the emergency panic button. i figured it out now, transcoding like a dream. thanks alot buddy

how did u do it??

Dp1983

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 02:30:00 AM »

Does anyone know how I can convert wav (6 mono) into WMA 10 pro like Obveron said above? I don't see a WMA option in BEsweet. I guess I could convert it into 1 16 bit 5.1 wav but then aren't I losing audio quality if I have a 24 bit audio source file?  

Thank you.

Emerald_Yautja

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »

I am having an issue with MKV2VOB in regards to these tools as well.  

I took a DTS file (english Audio to Flyboys), converted it to AC3, and it worked great, then using MKVMerge I merged my new ac3 with a video file (Flyboys in 720p with russian audio) and stripped out the russian audio.  The resulting MKV plays fine on my PC, however when I try to convert that file from MKV to VOB (using MKV2VOB) so my PlayStation 3 can play it, I get the error "tsmuxer.exe has stopped working".  The original MKV with the russian audio converts fine using that program, so I imagine it ishas something to do with the MKVMerge step.  

Does anyone know of a way that I can get this english audio track merged with the video for this movie? or perhaps of a proper 720p version of that movie in english?  Thanks

Icenlord

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »

works really well, for those of you who complained about volume loss, you can boost to audio during conversion

This post has been edited by Icenlord: Sep 25 2011, 05:59 PM

chuangya

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 03:43:00 AM »

it's your call. that should do it, click the "Start Processing" button and then it will create your AC3 file. (i don't see any options for output location so i assume it places the file wherever you saved the .mux file during Step 7... tongue.gif

azurabena

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »

there are many methods to convert dts to ac3, free tool like popcorn mkv audio converter, shareware to giving you a ideal conversion effect, you can check this site: http://www.dts-to-ac3.com/dts-to-ac3/
Pages: 1 [2]