xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Michael Bay responds to Paramount's abandonment of Blu-ray  (Read 522 times)

TexT

• Archived User
Michael Bay responds to Paramount's abandonment of Blu-ray
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »

LOL

BDA disabling BD-R/RE playback in new Blu-Ray standalones & firmwares to curb piracy!

Originally Posted by paidgeek, Sony Insider/Employee on AVSFORUM
Blu-ray players were never supposed to support BDMV authored content using ordinary data type BD-R or BD-RE media. An exemption was made for a number of months so that available blank discs could be used for testing and other promotional activities; this exemption expired recently...

...The players were not permitted to play movie content from the current blank media to begin with. There was an exception made for a short period of time to help facilitate testing and demonstrations. This issues has been given consideration since before the launch of the format. The fundamental issue is easy to understand. The studios cannot accept the use of blank media for making clones of copyrighted discs. The computer industry wants to empower consumers to fully utilize the format and that is fine, so long as measures are taken to protect copyright...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....p;#post11237686

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....p;#post11240083

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=886153

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=25294

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23713

This post has been edited by TexT: Aug 22 2007, 12:29 AM

autche

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »

Wow, I was convinced that I was the only person in the U.S. who despised the transformers movie; everyone at work/around me loved that movie and it just pissed me off.  It warms my heart to see that I wasn't alone.

cena4ever

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »

and to think i was looking forward to the transformers2 movie so much laugh.gif

TexT

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(autche @ Aug 22 2007, 12:45 AM) *

Wow, I was convinced that I was the only person in the U.S. who despised the transformers movie; everyone at work/around me loved that movie and it just pissed me off.  It warms my heart to see that I wasn't alone.

This guy is such a terrible director and didn't really give a fuck about the Transformers universe/franchise anyway. The only thing that could possibly make this news better is if he said he was taking the horrible writers with him.

Here's hoping they actually get a good director for the next Transformers movie now that they know how popular the Transformers still are. ILM made this movie successful. Everything Bay and his writers added to this film was a negative.

quarky42

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »

I get Michael Bay's point, but he needs to grow up and live in the real world:

"Waaaa, they won't put my movie on blu-ray....WHAAAA!"  

Subtext:   "Waaa, I won't make as much money as if it was on both formats!!  WAAAAAA!"    

Bay needs to wake up to the fact that the big huge companies get to decide what formats are supported and how they are supported.  

Transformers was very good, but with his attitude, now I don't give a shit if they make a second one now that I know how much of a pansy candy ass money grubber he is.

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

ah the movie had some good fights. but i agree the love story bs so did not fit into the movie. i think most people just leave that out when rating the movie and enjoy the fights. so that guy out of it and someone else doing it transformers 2 will be better then the first lol.

i agree who cares if your movie is not going to be on any of those failing hd/blueray disk. as long as its on standerd dvd everyone will get the movie.

This post has been edited by luther349: Aug 22 2007, 01:05 AM

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »

I wish the blur-ray/HD-DVD fight would end alright. I want a winner

Physick

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »

Newsflash people!!!!  MB directs the movies.  He isnt making them idiots.  He isnt the one writing the script or screenplay.  So if you want to bitch about his movies then bitch at the other people behind the scenes. He is directing the film based on what the writers and producers give him.

thor99

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »

He Changed his mind..lol he now likes HD http://digg.com/hard...ks_HD_DVD_ROCKS

SueMiBlitch

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »

boo hoo

in my opinion micheal bay ruined the transformers movie... just as pearl harbor sucked (well not that bad)
he is a shit director... the only alright movie from him is bad boys...

TexT

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(thor99 @ Aug 22 2007, 01:41 AM) View Post

He Changed his mind..lol he now likes HD http://digg.com/hard...ks_HD_DVD_ROCKS

http://www.shootfort...opic.php?t=2304

Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three blu-ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!

Michael Bay

He really does belong in the Sony camp. He runs his mouth without doing some fucking research.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

And since when are idiotic statements mutually exclusive to the Sony camp?

"Developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers!!!"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Michael Bay is human. He makes mistakes like the rest of us. He put in the bit about not doing Transformers 2 as leverage, and it worked. It just so happens that it worked for the wrong people.

wish the blur-ray/HD-DVD fight would end alright. I want a winner

This one's going to be long, drawn out & painful for both parties. Not only do they have to worry about competing with eachother, the install rate for HDTVs (I don't have estimates for HD optical media) is still at about 30% in the US, and they need to compete with the existing standard definition format, which coincidentally, has no real competitor to speak of.

This post has been edited by Eddie_the_Hated: Aug 22 2007, 02:56 AM

Eddie_the_Hated

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »

Apologies for the double post, but I'd passed the time limit on editing.

BDA disabling BD-R/RE playback in new Blu-Ray standalones & firmwares to curb piracy!

Originally Posted by paidgeek, Sony Insider/Employee on AVSFORUM
Blu-ray players were never supposed to support BDMV authored content using ordinary data type BD-R or BD-RE media. An exemption was made for a number of months so that available blank discs could be used for testing and other promotional activities; this exemption expired recently...

...The players were not permitted to play movie content from the current blank media to begin with. There was an exception made for a short period of time to help facilitate testing and demonstrations. This issues has been given consideration since before the launch of the format. The fundamental issue is easy to understand. The studios cannot accept the use of blank media for making clones of copyrighted discs. The computer industry wants to empower consumers to fully utilize the format and that is fine, so long as measures are taken to protect copyright...

Now that, was stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Now, if I remember correctly, wasn't there a format a while back that prevented unlicenced media from recording or functioning on it's machines? Yeah... they lost a huge lawsuit about it... one involving time-travel (Am I the only one that remembers that "interesting" piece of legeslature? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ) Oh yeah! That was BetaMax! The more technically advanced format owned by... Sony!

I don't see how they can make the same stupid move twice... I really can't.

This post has been edited by Eddie_the_Hated: Aug 22 2007, 03:23 AM

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Eddie_the_Hated @ Aug 22 2007, 04:21 AM) View Post

Apologies for the double post, but I'd passed the time limit on editing.
Now that, was stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Now, if I remember correctly, wasn't there a format a while back that prevented unlicenced media from recording or functioning on it's machines? Yeah... they lost a huge lawsuit about it... one involving time-travel (Am I the only one that remembers that "interesting" piece of legeslature? blink.gif ) Oh yeah! That was BetaMax! The more technically advanced format owned by... Sony!

I don't see how they can make the same stupid move twice... I really can't.

oh, I do. It's Sony's way of saying "Hi folks"

Anyways, Sony proofed that it can create a media standard and make it successfull

BetaMax = pure win. I still prefer BetaMax over DVD
MiniDisc = it's like an Mp3 player, but bigger. That is awesome, people are more likely to notice your gadget
SACD = Seriously super audio CD. This just has to be better. It has the word super in it, how can it not be better? Just like Super Mario Bros. was mor successfull than Mario Bros.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »

Hmmm... well lets see... Transformers was the biggest blockbuster of the summer... and he won't make a sequel if asked... bullshit.  He gets a check, he'll make the movie even if it comes out on video cd when its done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4