xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Paying Mp4/h264 Etc On A Data Disc  (Read 74 times)

impimpin206

• Archived User
Paying Mp4/h264 Etc On A Data Disc
« on: August 16, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

I believe the update disc is supposed to be burned to CD. That could be the issue. I think you need a special update when you play your first MP4 file... I'm not sure, I don't use the format.

arthurbear

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »

Hi Blister

Glad that someone else has the same prob.

I was thinking of plugging the box upto my router to get the update,but will i have to pay for live just for a 30 second job?
I was also reading that many people have had xbox probs after update,even as bad as killing it.
Will i be ok as my box is modded,or will i get probs with update?

I make data discs with nero 6 smart start and choose dvd data disc,when i have burned them and put them in my box it states data disc and i can see them in my media dashboard but get the i must update before i can play on xbox live.

I have had wmv file playing on a data disc but screen was to small even at full screen zoom.

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

You can make a free, silver account to get the update. Just use any mp4/h264 file, try and play it when connected to XBL with your silver account, and it will prompt you to download the update. Then enjoy those oh so beautiful h264 videos  biggrin.gif

arthurbear

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »

Cheers blister going to have to get a long ethernet cable first,My xbox is connected up in my attic to projector and large screen biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

how did you see the h264 movie you had in the first instance to update??

All i have been doing is start nero with smart start.This the gives you a small red colour box,change the drag down arrow to dvd then choose data dvd.this then opens up nero express and you choose the files you want to burn.When the disc is burnt put this in the box and it should state data disc or mixed data disc in the circle were you can use your pad to open the disc tray.goto media and choose video and then by disc and your films should be listed there.

You now mate,you think it wouldnt be so bloody difficult to view a movie.I must have wasted 20 discs and pulled all my hair out mad.gif  blink.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

Blister

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »

LOL....me too man, me too!

I put my Data disc DVD's in and it tries to load it and then all I get is open CD tray.

I have a 75 foot long ethernet cable running from my office to my living room.

To answer your question I put one of the movie files on on of those small 1GB flash drives USB and plugged into the fron of the Xbox360 in the USB slot by the power button (hidden). And then went to the Media Blade, and chose from USB device.

Thanks, for the DVD info I'll try it out tonight and let you know if I have any success or not.

Good luck to you as well. I don't think you will have any problem with the update.

I'll let you know how it goes.