xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Maximum Stream Rate Using Wall Plugs?  (Read 72 times)

impimpin206

• Archived User
Maximum Stream Rate Using Wall Plugs?
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

Are you using the power line or phone line to ethernet networking gear? Either way, issue sounds like it's with the file. Have you tried watching it from burned media or an external HDD? I think the max rate should be 6900, as this is what Windows Movie Maker encodes at with the HD for 360 encode setting. Set your max bitrate to 6900 and re-encode, report back. Cheers

impimpin206

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

Maybe a power cleaner connected before the router/server would help? It's tough to say, and could be a wasted investment. I'd recommend you run gigabit cat 6 through the house. Do a nice job with multiple connections to every room, and you won't regret it.

If you only want to accomplish this single task with your setp, you could just run a really long crossover cable and plug directly into your box on a 2nd NIC.

Or, you could go wireless? The 360 wireless adapter is expensive, so I bought a 4-port wireless-to-ethernet bridge that connects my entertainment center (xbox360, xbox, ps2, tivo) to the downstairs wireless network when I'm using alot of bandwidth on the upstairs network (which I normally connect to with cat5).

If distance is an issue, you can use a hacked firmware to boost your signal. I have two separate wireless networks in my house, one broadcasting from the 3rd floor and one from the 1st floor. You can get nearly full-strength signal anywhere in the house, on either network.

wallace4793

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

Id love to run run cat 5/6 throught the house but will save that for when i rewire :-) too messy to run cables along skirts. I have the latest wirless n equipment but i can not get conistent good speeds unfortunately..