xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Get Past The 4gb File Size On An External Hard Drive For The Xbox360  (Read 325 times)

skEwb

• Archived User
Get Past The 4gb File Size On An External Hard Drive For The Xbox360
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »

There are wmv-hd releases now if you do your research you can find 720p and 1080p releases. You can also burn a wmv-hd or .mp4 transcode of .mkv on a DL disc with UDF file format on Nero and it plays just fine w/o any tricks since UDF supports 4gb+ file size.

DL discs are what? $1.25 and under these days online, get some of those and burn .wmv or .mp4 with UDF and you're set.

This post has been edited by skEwb: Dec 9 2007, 04:34 AM

Goodgsheppard

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(twobells @ Dec 5 2007, 02:36 PM) *

No Luck.

I went to format a drive to htfs+ and installed Mac drive 7.0, the installation was flawless.
However, when I try to format a drive using 'modify mac voulmes' the mac drive 7 disk manager stops responding almost as soon as you hit the 'modify button'.

I am running a fully-updated Vista OS and VISTA can see all the drives which register as 'healthy' and are all currently NTFS.

My attempt at self-support has been a nightmare, i couldn't find a single entry anywhere about 'mac drive 7 disk manager not responding' or 'mac drive 7 won't list drives'.

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it.
tb

Youve been probably warned in Macdrive Setup too. For me it was a driver conflict. Update your Spdt Drivers. Download is here:
http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptd

This post has been edited by Goodgsheppard: Dec 9 2007, 04:27 PM

backlashcs

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »

I am a bit confeussed as to what all of this means. With this program, macdrive, and formating NTFS harddrives so that they look like a mac drive or ipod if you will, we will be able to have an external drive of any size loaded with media and just conect it via usb and not have to deal with streaming anymore?

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(backlashcs @ Dec 15 2007, 09:39 PM) View Post

I am a bit confeussed as to what all of this means. With this program, macdrive, and formating NTFS harddrives so that they look like a mac drive or ipod if you will, we will be able to have an external drive of any size loaded with media and just conect it via usb and not have to deal with streaming anymore?

Thats right.. If you dont want to pay for macdrive check out this guide.. Its pretty a good solution imo.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=633883

backlashcs

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »

Has anyone done this and used their external drive plugged into the 360 to watch movies and such from the harddrive?

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(backlashcs @ Dec 16 2007, 07:13 PM) View Post

Has anyone done this and used their external drive plugged into the 360 to watch movies and such from the harddrive?

A lot of people have.. I did mine with the macdrive hack about a year ago.

backlashcs

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »

How big of a harddrive are you useing, and did you buy macdrive as well? Has anyone done this useing the Linux method?

ze_olc

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »

i have done this with 2 different HDD: one 2"5 160GB and one 3"5 500GB. formatted with mac (HFS+). works perfectly for video playback and music. some of my movie files are as big as 8GB. i ripped all my dvd to mp4 with handbrake (appleTV setting). it's the best i could do since the xbox can't play ripped dvds (iso or video_ts). mp4 look as good as original dvd on a very large screen (720P projector thru VGA cable).
also, no problem from windows to access files with macdrive. it's not slow and macdrive includes tools to check HFS+.

backlashcs

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »

Where can I get macdrive for cheap? I know the website sells it for 60bucks but is their any place I can maybe get a dicounted version, or maybe one priced for students?

dannyboyayyo

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »

is there a way to format a partition only?

WaferJ

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »

I know this topic is a bit old, but I'm having a similar problem with my 16gig Corsair flash drive...  It works fine as Fat32, but when I tried macdrive and formatted it as HFS+, my 360 will no longer recognize it.
Any ideas?

tkoWD

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(WaferJ @ Jun 7 2008, 04:19 AM) View Post

I know this topic is a bit old, but I'm having a similar problem with my 16gig Corsair flash drive...  It works fine as Fat32, but when I tried macdrive and formatted it as HFS+, my 360 will no longer recognize it.
Any ideas?

same problem here  blink.gif  mad.gif ...date of manufacture 15/03/2008 (elite, falcon,Benq)

thomasz

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »

Pleased you are having success. Will get into them myself soon.

mad212

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

Does anyone know how to format back to FAT32 from HFS+? I can't figure this out and my trial for macdrive runs out tomorrow and the drive wont be readable on my pc.

GhzTek

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »

So i have my drive formatted to HSF+ and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have some movies i have stored on a NTSF drive in rar format.(HD-WMV) I want to somehow extract these movies stright from the NTSF drive onto the HSF+ drive. Is this possible with ANY programs availiable.

If not what are my options.
Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3