xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox 360 HD DVD player at 72.54usd at retailer  (Read 134 times)

bigmac_375

• Recovered User
Xbox 360 HD DVD player at 72.54usd at retailer
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

cool. i have a sam's near me, but no hdtv, and i dont know which format will last...

kthks mybel8t3r  pop.gif

blakrhyno

• Archived User
Xbox 360 HD DVD player at 72.54usd at retailer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 05:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mr N @ Apr 26 2007, 12:19 AM) View Post

I'm willing to bet that it was merely a pricing error, since some of you have said that only one sale of the HD-DVD add-on at $72 is confirmed. The price was probably supposed to be $172.

I do not believe this to be a pricing error.  I went to my local Sam's Club in Pennsylvania and they had them for $154.  I was told by the store manager that they had three left.  I asked if they will drop the price.  He said that when they only have 1 or 2 left in inventory they will lower the price drastically by about 50%.  This would then put it at $77.  He also said that if they do not sell they will lower the price over time and that the amount they are lowered by is determined on a per club basis and not consistent throughout all of their stores.  He also confirmed that they are phasing this item out because it did not sell well and they need inventory room (item wise not physical space) to get new items in that will sell more quickly.  I hope this helps clear up the confusion a bit.
Pages: 1 [2]