xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Linux And Streaming  (Read 69 times)

hedbig

• Archived User
Linux And Streaming
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »

is it possible to stream video while running linux? or do i need to keep booting into windows every time i want to watch a movie?

kornesque

• Archived User
Linux And Streaming
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 04:24:00 AM »

i think i've heard of someone managing to stream audio from a linux install. but no, as far as i know you need WMP11 or Media Center for video.

scienide

• Archived User
Linux And Streaming
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:20:00 AM »

I have 2 computers..

During the weekend i was bored and decided to install fedora core on one of my machines.

After install i started messing with ushare, which shares media over the network.

This works! Wmv, mp3 .. everything plays.

Only thing is, selecting music from ushare from the xbox360 can be a pain. I got 16.000 mp3 files on my ushare. I cant make any selection on artist, album etc. It just shows me the full list.

So i was looking for an alternative that can make that subselection.

Will try around with some alternatives this weekend, for example TwonkyVision.

With kind regards
Marco

impimpin206

• Archived User
Linux And Streaming
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

I'm not very familiar with Linux, but wouldn't you just need to mount a Samba share? I figure there's a way to do that.

scienide

• Archived User
Linux And Streaming
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(impimpin206 @ Jul 25 2007, 05:40 PM) *

I'm not very familiar with Linux, but wouldn't you just need to mount a Samba share? I figure there's a way to do that.

Yeah, if u are watching on another pc (or the xbox1) u could do that ofcourse, but that is not really a working solution for the xbox360.

This post has been edited by scienide: Jul 26 2007, 07:22 PM

judaflex

• Archived User
Linux And Streaming
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 02:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(scienide @ Jul 25 2007, 10:20 AM) View Post

I have 2 computers..

During the weekend i was bored and decided to install fedora core on one of my machines.
After install i started messing with ushare, which shares media over the network.

This works! Wmv, mp3 .. everything plays.

Only thing is, selecting music from ushare from the xbox360 can be a pain. I got 16.000 mp3 files on my ushare. I cant make any selection on artist, album etc. It just shows me the full list.

So i was looking for an alternative that can make that subselection.
Will try around with some alternatives this weekend, for example TwonkyVision.
With kind regards
Marco

Hi,

I have the same problems, everything is good with ushare, the 360 see my music, pictures and movies share, but I don't see all, I have a lot of pictures and musics, and it's limited at 1000 I think, and the way to find musics is difficult, we don't see the folder, all the music files are on a simple list
Did you find a solution?

Thanks wink.gif