xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HD DVD and Blu-ray 'processing key' - all HD titles now exposed  (Read 216 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
HD DVD and Blu-ray 'processing key' - all HD titles now exposed
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »

This is good news, cause now studios can't say 1 format's protection is better than the other. Just 1 less thing for the "war" to be fought over.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mike Bowler @ Feb 13 2007, 09:04 PM) View Post

And to the guy who says its too expensive to backup hd media then perhaps you should consider the fact that it being so expensive to buy the original makes it worthwhile to backup, then at least you'll have your original to re-backup once your original backup gets ruined. And if that doesn't suit you then wait till the prices drop.

With 500GB HDDs for ~£100 (and these are  'UK' prices!), backing up isn't as expensive as it used to be.  I stopped burning stuff to DVD/CD media ages ago - I valued my time more.  Now I simply pick up another external USB HDD. - got a wardrobe full of 'em now   cool.gif

Mike Bowler

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »

With 500GB HDDs for ~£100 (and these are 'UK' prices!), backing up isn't as expensive as it used to be. I stopped burnng stuff to DVD/CD media ages ago - I valued my time more. Now I simply pick up another external USB HDD. - got a wardrobe full of 'em now cool.gif
i live in the uk and love pcs i got 2 and a laptop. and i keep an eye on hardware prices quite a lot especially hds of which i have several and i quite agree that backing up isn't expensive but buying hd-dvd or blu-ray media may well turn out expensive which is the whole of backing up such media in the first place so you don't spend a fortune constantly replacing them anyway lol am not trying to argue here am just making a point smile.gif  smile.gif

edit: changed post icon, i managed to select one by accident originally .... note to self lay off the alcohol

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »

One key to rule them all and in the darkness bind them!
?9 F9 11 ?2 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C?

That's been my signature on Xbox forums for two days now.. no-one has noticed LOL!

I'm going to make some T-shirts depicting the AACS decryption diagram and that signature if anyone is interested?

Cheers,
Bourkie

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(poisonousjuice @ Feb 14 2007, 08:19 AM) View Post

this is already a possibility.  WMV-HD rips are floating around the internet already that are 4.5 and 9 gigs.

And SlySoft just released a new version of AnyDVD-HD that can decrypt and re-author HD-DVDs!

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »

This is good news, can't wait until a program like dvdfab decryper comes out for HDDVD and BLU-RAY tongue.gif

hawkolugy

• Recovered User
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 11:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Feb 14 2007, 03:55 AM) View Post

This is good news, can't wait until a program like dvdfab decryper comes out for HDDVD and BLU-RAY tongue.gif

QUOTE(bourke @ Feb 14 2007, 12:56 AM) View Post

And SlySoft just released a new version of AnyDVD-HD that can decrypt and re-author HD-DVDs!

Pretty close i would say...this is cool even though I dont have Blu-Ray or HD-DVD

DanITman

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(poisonousjuice @ Feb 13 2007, 04:19 PM) View Post

this is already a possibility.  WMV-HD rips are floating around the internet already that are 4.5 and 9 gigs.

I'm aware that it is possible but it is currently being done with commercial tools.  Right now there is no free solution to come to this result.  It's not as easy as using DVD Shrink.

Deihmos

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(sp1200 @ Feb 14 2007, 05:28 AM) View Post

If I was Nintendo, MS, Sony and the stakeholders of Bluray and HD, I'd be asking for a refund from the people who worked on the security for said systems.

Actually the blame should be on the playback software on the PC. If they keep these kind of software from the PC none of these things woul dbe possible. But they got the keys from Cyberlink I suspect so they would get the blame.
Pages: 1 [2]