xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Encode 360 Vs Transcode 360 Vs Tversity  (Read 82 times)

Matric

• Archived User
Encode 360 Vs Transcode 360 Vs Tversity
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »

Whats best ?

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

Transcode 360 is you have XP Media Center or Vista, Tversity if you just have XP

dhrandy1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

Tversity for music and pictures, Transcode 360 for video and if you have XP MCE.

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »

I don't understand why you guys say one or the other Please give some details.

What does the OS have to do with it?

Aren't both of these for video?

Didn't a update for XP come out to stream video just like MCE?

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »

ok, Transcode
its only for XP Media Center or Vista, aka the OS' that have a media center built in. XP doesnt have this, just XP MCE. transcode is the winner because its just alot quicker and extremely easy to setup and use. all you do is install it, then when picking a movie to play you just click more then Transcode. With tversity, you have to have the setting all set up, you gotta add the movie in to it, and it converts to WMV, where transcode, if i believe correctly, transcodes to mpeg. tversity is just a hassle to install (maybe not, i couldnt get it to work....) you gotta redo the computer settings on the 360, make sure it recognizes Tversity and not just the computer, etc etc. plus, ive never really had any trouble with transcodes, for XP MCE, it runs perfectly, no problems what so ever, even on a computer with 384 mbs of ram, no stutter in the video, no nothing. BUT when i installed vista (still 384 mbs of ram i mind you), the transcode release for it was still beta, so it had some bugs. some divx and xvid files wouldnt display the picture, sound, but no picture. but to fix this, all you had to do was change a "false" to a "true" in the config file, whihc wasnt hard. plus they just released a VLC wrapper for it, so thats a plus. no problems since then.
and for encode, if i remember correctly, it was a project some kid started BUT it is just based off the original Transcode wrapper, aka MENCODE (i think) so its basically just Transcode minus the community behind it. so theres my reasoning.
XP -> Tversity
XP MCE -> Transcode 360
Vista Home Premium or Ultimate -> Transcode 360
Vista Home Basic -> Tversity