xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 – An easy guide!  (Read 211 times)

freddyc

• Archived User
Playing DivX and Xvid content on Xbox 360 – An easy guide!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

I have all the codec installed. And e get sound on HD-xvid on the computer, but not on the 360, only picture.  Is there somthing i need to setup in ffshow?

Morgentaler

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »

If the media server crashes and the icon becomes pink, it might be that you need Windows Media Player 11. At least according to the TVersity support page.

I'm running a PC with an MCE that reports itself as 2002 or 2004 depending on where you look (a byproduct of the service pack installs I would guess).

Unfortunately I can't install WMP11 on it, because it will only install on MCE 2005 or regular XP SP2.

So I'm also out of luck with Transcode 360 as well.

Glad I still have an Xbox with XBMC on it. smile.gif

shootn3zz

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

Tversity doesnt show up on my 360.  I can play live just fine and I was using Media Connect just fine to play WMV, look at pics etc.  I uninstalled Media Connect, I installed Win Media Player 11 disabled its sharing, verified that http://localhost:41952/ worked and I cannot see TVersity on the 360.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

kesava108

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Habs69M @ Dec 7 2006, 04:06 AM) View Post

well the setup works fine but all i get when selecting a avi movie is this error...

Code d'état: 69-04-80072746 and TVersity stops sharing and the icon comes pink

your lucky it wasn't a coup d'état

Habs69M

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(kesava108 @ Dec 6 2006, 08:58 PM) View Post

your lucky it wasn't a coup d'état

loll

GhostDog__

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »

Can anyone comment on the quality of the DivX, and XviD videos compared to playing them on XBMC?

freddyc

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Morgentaler @ Dec 6 2006, 09:52 PM) View Post

If the media server crashes and the icon becomes pink, it might be that you need Windows Media Player 11. At least according to the TVersity support page.

I'm running a PC with an MCE that reports itself as 2002 or 2004 depending on where you look (a byproduct of the service pack installs I would guess).

Unfortunately I can't install WMP11 on it, because it will only install on MCE 2005 or regular XP SP2.

So I'm also out of luck with Transcode 360 as well.

Glad I still have an Xbox with XBMC on it. smile.gif

No. The sofware do not crash.
I can see the full HD-Xvid movie. the problem is that the computer do not send over sound for the movie, ONLY PICTURE.

But if i convert the file from avi to WMV , then i get sound. i don`t understand.

Zorn79

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »

Everytime I go to the main menu and click on "video" it says no video's found, why is this?
Can someone please help

celinedrules

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

I am running Vista and I can stream audio just fine but when I try to stream any type of video, I get an error stating that the connection to my computer has been lost.

Stickan

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »

It doesn't work for me!

I get the "Unplayable content" message on my 360 when I try to play avi/divx/xvid files via TVersity. VMA files works fine...

Help anyone?

scuzzell

• Recovered User
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 07:10:00 AM »

I don't have an x360 to test this with, but recently I have been using software from www.orb.com to stream my media. I have a TV tuner card and was looking for a way to be able to change channels on a remote computer.

The way orb works is pretty simple. You run the software and it sits in your system tray. You configure it with your media sources (video, music, pictures, documents) you can also enter you zip/postal code and get tv listings for your area if you have a tuner card. Once the software is installed you access mycast.orb.com and login. Once logged in you use an AJAX interface to browse through your media. When you click on a source the media is automatically transcoded into a format and resolution that the viewing device can support. The bitrate is also determined automatically based on the network connection (eg. If you are connecting from the same LAN as the media server then you get a higher bitrate than if you were connecting from the WAN side). The software works very well and allows me to stream live TV to my PocketPC, which is what I really wanted it for.

It may not work for X360, but I'm sure someone will see this and find a good use for it.

Enjoy.

~Scuzzell

Paultje66

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(celinedrules @ Dec 7 2006, 05:42 PM) View Post

I am running Vista and I can stream audio just fine but when I try to stream any type of video, I get an error stating that the connection to my computer has been lost.

The same here:(

Paultje66

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

Ok it works now
I placed a episode i wanted to see in a root dir(like d:) en renamed the file to lasvegas.avi and it workd

CerealKiller741

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

My xbox shows that there are 1340 videos in my library...99%of which are G4 shows.  None of them work and I can't seem to get them to go away.  Only WMV encoded videos work for me... I downloaded ffdshow and I have divx and xvid codecs on my computer.  I can't figure out what's wrong...

Stickan

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

I got it to work by renaming the files to .avi...

However, the video quality is so bad that this is useless IMO
Pages: 1 [2] 3