xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to copy HD DVD movies with your Xbox 360 and a PC  (Read 173 times)

NookularDeath

• Archived User
How to copy HD DVD movies with your Xbox 360 and a PC
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »

http://www.aja.com/h...s_xena_LHe.html

here ya go... you wanna capture HD in analog and digital... fork over $1800 and you get
this lovely card and software package..

if I can get one wholesale somewhere, I might just invest in somthing like this... not just
for grabbing copies of HD movies off the 360, but also the DirecTV HD channels as well..

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(explosive2 @ Dec 5 2006, 02:12 AM) View Post

So would a copy using this method will actually result in an HD Movie or not? would you be able to burn it on DVD?

It would result in uncompressed video... To burn it back to an hd-dvd your hd-dvd player can play, you'd need to encode it to VC-1, MPEG-2, or MPEG-4 AVC. Then you can author it as an hd-dvd using something like DVD Studio Pro (There are free tools to do this on a PC as well.. but they're not nearly as elegant or powerful as Final Cut Studio) and burn it to a standard DVD-R or DVD-R DL. (If it's bigger than a DVD-R DL.. you'll need to wait for hd-dvd burners tongue.gif) You could potentially recreate special features/menus/etc.. but it's a lot of work tongue.gif

VinnySem

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

Blech... I'm waiting for HDDVDDecrypter and HDDVDShrink!

jmbear

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

LOLOLOL  good one Vinny!!
Pages: 1 [2]