xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Media Center Doesnt Stream Video @ All  (Read 85 times)

kobeballer2000

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Media Center Doesnt Stream Video @ All
« on: June 19, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »

Ok, so i got my media center working perfect, i added all my music in there and i can listen to it perfectly

BUT i wanted videos too, so i added the folder where my video was in, and i tried to select it, to go into it, but it just hangs for like 2 seconds, and then a box pops up in the bottom right corner saying:

Video Not Supported
Cannot Stream Video Through Media Center From A Remote Desktop.

does anyone know whats wrong?

edge360

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

I am having the same problem it says "Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restar Medai center and/or restart the computer. i tried with all kinds of video files WMV AVi MPEG. Nothing works. It pisses me off becuase basically the only reason i got media center was for video support

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

please for the love of god read, there have been 3 of these today

the 360 will not play anything but mpeg or wmv. If you get transcode360 you can onthefly convert them to wmv and stream them.

this of course all assumes you have Windows Media Center Edition 2005

kobeballer2000

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

my problem was i had a corrupted video file in the dir, i wanted to access, i took it out and it works perfectly with transcode 360 now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

lor2

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

One little known thing about the Xbox360 is that it will also perfectly stream TS files!!
Even Media Centre will not play this format and Windows Media Player in XP also needs to have a free Util called HDTVpump installed before it will play them BUT streaming downloaded HD 1080i HD TS files from the PC through the 360's Media Centre gives perfect pictures!

This is a case where the 360's Media Centre Extender beats the Media Centre on the PC!

Chris

quantum29

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(lor2 @ Jun 25 2006, 07:01 PM) View Post

One little known thing about the Xbox360 is that it will also perfectly stream TS files!!
Even Media Centre will not play this format and Windows Media Player in XP also needs to have a free Util called HDTVpump installed before it will play them BUT streaming downloaded HD 1080i HD TS files from the PC through the 360's Media Centre gives perfect pictures!

This is a case where the 360's Media Centre Extender beats the Media Centre on the PC!

Chris

.TS files play fine on my MCE2005 with no HDTVpump installed