xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Network Conjestion  (Read 129 times)

tewy

• Archived User
Network Conjestion
« on: June 01, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »

anyone.my pc is a p4 with 1gb dual channel ram and i have run the network tuner thingy and get full green bars,but have not been able to watch a full half hr recorded tv i end up having to bring down my xbox 1,am i the only 1 having these probs?????
cheers chris

Mr. Me

• Archived User
Network Conjestion
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

I have the same problem, I can stream stuff to my xbox all day long with no probs but 30 seconds into a video on the 360 and it says there's network congestion.  If I look at my pc while it's doing this  it'll say i'm using like 1% of my network speed.  Why is it that the biggest software company in the world can't make anything that works right. F*ck MS.

jtom617

• Archived User
Network Conjestion
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

Welcome me to the club, i ended up getting windows xp media center edition on my computer, and it has a terrible time for video anyways. So i just use it for the cool full screen features, music, pictures, and NES games.  pop.gif

Mr. Me

• Archived User
Network Conjestion
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

I've reinsalled windows mce recently cuz one of my harddrives died and I still get the network congestion problems when trying to stream videos on my 360.  My motherboard has a built in 10/100/1000mb lan card and i'm going through a d link di624 router. and have 10/100 ethernet cable ran to both my computer and 360.  I've modded hundreds of xboxs and streamed thousands of videos to xbmc without problem.  I've never had any network problems ever except for streaming videos to my 360.  I'll be watching a video and everything's going fine then i'll randomly get a network congestion error, followed by a screen saying another user on my pc has kicked me off.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Is it just me?  It can't be a software issue on my pc cuz It's the same after a clean install.  And I can't imagine it's a hardware problem cuz everything else works fine over the network.  I'm convinced mce is just shitty software or the 360 works as a shitty extender.  Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this problem, I hate having to unplug my ethernet from my 360 and pluging it back into my xbox and pulling out the wired controller to watch a video.