xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Http://www.modwhiz.com  (Read 1979 times)

John_G5444

• Archived User
Http://www.modwhiz.com
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2004, 04:06:00 AM »

Once i finally got it sorted
The shipping side was great it actually got shipped out the same day i ordered(US.Thursday) and was in my hands in Qld Australia(US Monday)That was also with UPS sending it to the wrong city to begin with(Sydney instead of Brisbane).

So as long as these people do make an attempt to iron out their communication side they'd be fine to deal with.
They've now got a ph no up on their site too which was'nt there when i was having trouble so hopefully they've heard what the herd thinks of no contact and addressed it....

Krauser

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2004, 08:30:00 AM »

Order ID 4772169

I am very displeased with the customer service.

I ordered a Xenium around 6 weeks ago. As far as I know, shipments made overseas are done through UPS. I do have an issue which is the origin of the problem, it is the fact that I reside in an Army post and UPS has always had trouble delivering mail to the army's mail system.

This part, is of course under no control of Modwhiz, and it is understandable. Supposedly, UPS sent the item back to the sender.

However, what has me so upset, and has  given me such a bad impression of lack of profesionnalism and lack of ethics in this company, is the fact that I've written a couple of emails to the shipping department letting them know of the issue and asking for guidance and information regarding my problem.

No answer has been given up to date, other than the automated reply which states that I should be contacted within 24 hours after my email had been sent. Which of course, made it worse, since it seemed like nothing by mockery, given that, of course, my credit card was charged pretty much as soon as I placed the order.

I am willing to spend more of my time trying to solve the issue if anyone here is willing to do the same thing.

dino007

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »

Order ID:     5158123
Date:         Monday, August 02, 2004. 8:47:55 AM.

Looks like my story is similar to others. I ordered a pre-moded XBOX from their site and its been over 48 hours now. I sent them a couple of emails requesting the tracking number, but no response. called the phone number to get a status update, but the message says "we will be returning on August 2nd" - its the 4th today. I paid a lot for overnight delivery but they should have stated "it will be shipped overnight when it is ready to be shipped".

Has anyone else bought a premoded system from these guys? Any experiences opinions?

-Dino

Skibbi

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2004, 06:44:00 AM »

Order ID:     5152255
Date:         Sunday, August 01, 2004. 11:52:30 AM.

Hi All..

Very mixed reviews from me...

On one hand, The xbox w/ premod I order works well,

but I paid for a new xbox, not a refurb (in refurb box, looks fine, but definetely used)

I was expecting a brand new xbox like the site says:

ModWhiz now carries pre-mods! Due to the overwhelming demand we are now shipping brand new XBOX consoles with Xenium chips installed. This is the perfect solution for people wanting to avoid any installation problems and potentially damaging their XBOX. Let one of our qualified technicians do the work and get your XBOX at your door ready to go!

http://www.modwhiz.com/xbox_xenium.php

Its a 2002 xbox, with an old controller and a non-working video cable (using my brothers at the moment)

I will be calling them to work something out today... I will post any relevant information.

For 300 (after shipping) I am definetely disappointed.

Blah247

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

Horrible expierance!!!

Order ID:     5125764
Date:         Wednesday, July 28, 2004.

I placed the order and didn't worry about it.  I figured professionalism would prevail and that it would actually get shipped.  I attempted to contact him on Friday the 30th and got the automatic reply.  Tried again Monday the 2nd via Email, PM and Phone.

Email just got the automated response except for a few times that said he would check... no reply... then one saying email [email protected] or call sales at the number given... keep in mind I have called this number (non toll free) THREE times and left messages THREE times.

The PM's I've sent of course get unanswered so I'm not even bothering with that anymore.

Phone??? He still has a message saying he'll be out the 30th of July and it's the freakin 5th of August.  If he hasn't had 'time' to change his frontline phone message then I'm sure he hasn't had time to send the damn thing.

As of last night I emailed him to cancel my order.  I checked with my Credit Card company and it's showing as a 'pending' payment.  Which basically means they checked to make sure I had the available credit but haven't charged me.  Which to me means they haven't charged me because they haven't sent the damn thing over a week later.

I'm extremely disappointed and I wish I would of read and noted everyone elses complaints.  It seems to be a hit or miss operation with no consistancy.  Sometimes they're fast and apparently sometimes their slow.  As a consumer I would rather take the safe road then deal with a reseller who will give me a 50-50 chance on having the product delivered in a timing manner.

In closing I wouldn't recommend this reseller to anyone.  To any Fanboi of Modwhiz keep in mind this was my expierance and that's what I'm posting on.  This was no fault of mine.  I submitted my correct address, correct card #, I had available credit, I attempted to contact numerous times.   I really wish I could go back and order from someone, anyone else.    [email protected] if anyone has any further questions, unlike Modwhiz I'll respond to your email.

Krauser

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2004, 01:03:00 AM »

Funny, it's been more than a week since I posted this message here and no reply either. Doing good, ModWhiz, doing good.

mbratton

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

wow is modwhiz great! i emailed him at about 820 tonight talking about how i needed a chip for a school project.  he replied by 850 saying that he'd be glad to ship it to my house asap.  now thats a great person and a great store! all my future purchases xbox related will be from modwhiz!  thank you so much!

yello

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

Ordered 5 Xenium ICE again, got them in 24hour.

Very good shop to get your modchip !

ThePeacemaker

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ol' Dirty Ewok @ Aug 30 2004, 03:35 PM)
Has anyone tried to make an online purchase recently with ModWhiz???

I keep getting a blank page with this error whenever I try to purchase something..

"Errors found. Process halted.
Company ID not registered."

any insight would be appreciated,

thanks

Ol Dirty Ewok

same problem to me, i've sended and email to report this error to modwhiz 3 days ago but no response sad.gif

Modiller_Reborn

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

hi, about there online ordering it should be up very soon if its not already up there was some technically difficulties with the online ordering thing...sorry for the inconvience

ravemonger

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

Yeah they were having problems with their CC system.  I was trying to place a $500+ order with them but they didn't seem too interested in finding another way to take my money, so I hit up ** ABUSE **.  Hopefully their system is up and running again, they have great prices and their customer service seems decent but I wish they could be a little more flexible with payments.

Modiller_Reborn

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »

Great guy, I needed some chips and I just contacted him via msn/irc chat and he was more then happy to send me chips even though the site wasnt open. I highly recomend him for all xodus needs. (fast shipping and I mean VERY fast next day)

yello

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »

5 other chip ordered from them...

Great service, got the chip the same day as always !

Great prices too !

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

I successfully placed an online order for (1) ICE/Solderless combo kit last Saturday, 10/02.  Got a payment confirmation through payzip.net within minutes.  I sent the shipping department @ Modwhiz (3) emails over the course of 5 days requesting a tracking # and have yet to receive a reply.  Right now, I'm not even 100% confident anyone is aware of my order except for the folks at payzip who have already taken the funds.  So far, not the best transaction, but given the numerous positive posts, I'll give Modwhiz the benefit of the doubt.  I'll edit this post once this transaction succeeds/fails.

EDIT:  Modwhiz came through in the end.  I received the chip within 6 days of ordering it.  My only comment is that with online purchases, the only thing to reassure customers that everything is in order is communicate with them.  I personally never received a single email from anyone but the 3rd party payment company.

yello

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

smile.gif

Same day delivery too  wink.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13