xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Http://www.modwhiz.com  (Read 1962 times)

grog54321

• Archived User
Http://www.modwhiz.com
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »

Hmmm....I was about to post that I thought I was in the same boat as everyone else. I placed my order on Dec 1 for an AladdinXT (order # 4648). Tried emailing, no response. Tried phoning, just rings and rings. However, I just phoned again a minute ago and someone actually answered! I was told my order was being sent out today so I should have it in a day or two (I'm in Ontario so the shipping shouldn't take long). He said they'd been backed up for the last while but are getting caught up now. I guess I'll know if that's BS or not in a couple of days. So, to the rest of you who are still waiting try giving them a call now - things may be back on track.

I'll post back if I actually receive my modchip in the next couple of days. Good luck to everyone else!

modwhizsuxbad

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »

I got tired of waiting. I just called my credit card company and there going to get my money back. The only bad part is they will need to re-issue me a new card. Goodbye forever Modwhiz. I hope other people that feel ripped off for shipping and or not receiving a courtesy response will do the same thing and order from elsewhere. Thanks for the posts.

bunghoolio

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

I am another VICTIM of modwhiz.com
ORDER # 4649
Waiting for response since 1/DEC/2005 - now is 14/DEC/2005
Money INSTANTLY taken from my CC.

25 x DMS4 Lite @ US$29 each + FEDEX = US$ 760.00

R I P P E D  O F F ! ! !  grr.gif

His computer sits idle in IRC room and modwhiz never pm me to let me know.
I don't care if package is 1MONTH late. Just want someone to explain and let me know. NOT IGNORE ME.
STILL DONT HAVE A DAM THING FROM HIM!
DON'T BUY FROM THESE GUYS.

Filed EFT COMPLAINT with CC.

grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif

tronvolta

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(bbeddow @ Dec 7 2005, 02:48 PM) View Post

I share your pain.

Order#: 4411
Date Ordered: 11/10/05

As you can see my order is nearly a month old. I have attempted to contact someone at modwhiz several time, but no responses.  Does anyone know what the hell is going on? Are these people still in business?

Very Frustrating!!!!!

They must still be in business, or at least have the ability to take our money!   mad.gif  I ordered a faceplate and chip on 12/7 (#4703) and I'm in the same boat as everyone else.  No tracking number, no respose to email or pearl desk and nobody answers the phone.  But my credit card is 150 bucks heavier now with nothing to show for it.  Lets hope that grog 54321 is not getting the run around and we will actually see some results soon.

Here's hoping!

grog54321

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »

Now I'm pissed. My order was supposedly being shipped on Tuesday (he said they ship all their domestic orders on Tuesdays, international on Thursdays). Well, it's been two days since then and I'm in the Toronto area so the max it would take to arrive is two days. So he basically lied right to me. If my order doesn't magically show up tomorrow I'm calling my credit card company.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

ModWhiz is currently no longer a sponsor and any ads are currently pulled from XS.

I recommend that people do not hesitate to do the following (assuming you have any outstanding issues with them..)

Send them Email, Call them, etc.. and attempt yet again to get some answers..

Contact your CC company or Paypal. Reverse those charges.. do not wait one more day. Sometimes Time is important.. sooner the better..

And possibly, contact your local authorites. Maybe the authorities of the shop in question as well. Fruad is a big deal. Fruad using the internet is no less a crime.

We don'thave all the facts as of yet.. but since they haven't been forthcoming with answers.. these is how we're forced to brand them.

I hope people get the satisfaction they deserve. No one deserves to get ripped off.

havoc

• Archived User
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »

demonz is correct call your credit card company right away.

i ordered on october 24th and have had no response any which way.

i called my cc company to reverse charges yesterday and it is currently being done and i should have my money back soon.

once again contact paypal or your credit card company now!

mr_ragh

• Archived User
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Dec 16 2005, 01:10 AM) View Post

ModWhiz is currently no longer a sponsor and any ads are currently pulled from XS.

I recommend that people do not hesitate to do the following (assuming you have any outstanding issues with them..)

Send them Email, Call them, etc.. and attempt yet again to get some answers..

Contact your CC company or Paypal. Reverse those charges.. do not wait one more day. Sometimes Time is important.. sooner the better..

And possibly, contact your local authorites. Maybe the authorities of the shop in question as well. Fruad is a big deal. Fruad using the internet is no less a crime.

We don'thave all the facts as of yet.. but since they haven't been forthcoming with answers.. these is how we're forced to brand them.

I hope people get the satisfaction they deserve. No one deserves to get ripped off.

I am actually a recent purchaser of modwhiz.

i aim at this point to share with you my purchase and coomuncation history with modwhiz, as i actually got my product and had direct cummuncations with modwhiz. as to not bore you....DO NOT ORDER FROM MODWHIZ!~!~~~!#$@#%$@#$%^   I got my product, be it was almost 2 weeks late. and scores and score s of other buyers have not received any items, even after spending hundreds of dollars with him.

I am one of the LUCKY ones.

here we  go.

Order id:                          #4558
Order date:                        25-11-2005 03:18:52

ordered the day after thanksgiving...recieved item sometime in the 2nd week of december.

i spent alot of time idling in his irc channel..and spoke with modwhiz (tony) on several times.

here are some irc logs:

Session Start: Mon Dec 05 00:00:01 2005
Session Ident: modwhiz
[20:18] <mrragh> yo modwhiz!
[20:18] <mrragh> you here?
[20:18] <modwhiz> hey dude
[20:18] <modwhiz> just gimme a moment
[20:18] <mrragh> hey man
[20:18] <mrragh> ok
[20:18] <mrragh> no rush
[20:21] <mrragh> want to take this in here?
[20:21] <mrragh> ok one sec
[20:21] <modwhiz> yah better in private
[20:21] <mrragh>  #4558
[20:21] <modwhiz> ok sec
[20:21] <mrragh> you stated overnight shipping supposed to get tomarrow =\
[20:22] <modwhiz> wink.gif
[20:23] <mrragh> eh? so everything is on track?
[20:23] <mrragh> wink.gif
[20:23] <modwhiz> pretyt much yah
[20:23] <mrragh> sweet
[20:23] <modwhiz> alot of stuff tomorrow is going out
[20:23] <modwhiz> like 300 packages
[20:23] <modwhiz> heheh
[20:23] <mrragh> shit
[20:23] <modwhiz> havent shipped in 10 days
[20:23] <modwhiz> due some issues
[20:23] <mrragh> i know =P
[20:23] <mrragh> yeah
[20:23] <mrragh> didnt your WHOLE STAFF QUIT?
[20:24] <mrragh> rumor mill you know
[20:24] <modwhiz> well my shipping girl left...family emergency... if ired one of the techs cause hes an idiot and my partner and I split
[20:24] <modwhiz> so im here alone right now... and having a part time tech do mods
[20:24] <mrragh> holy shit.
[20:24] <mrragh> no wonder your cluster'd fucked right now
[20:24] <mrragh> all forgiven.
[20:24] <mrragh> you get bonus qudos if i can get a tracking # =P
[20:24] <modwhiz> was waitng for some cash to pay FEDEX and they had temproarly frozen my account..so i paid them and were back online now.. couldnt do anything.. had to wait for some funds
[20:25] <modwhiz> owe dthem like 12,000
[20:25] <modwhiz> hehe
[20:25] <mrragh> holy shit
[20:25] <modwhiz> shit happens
[20:25] <mrragh> you should post a news update on the front page
[20:25] <mrragh> to expain things
[20:25] <mrragh> so people wont freak.

as you can see..he APPRENTLY has had problems..

but..people still report no items.
he stated over 300 items shipped at that time of the log, but others still contenue to come forward...

who knows what the truth really is. i got my chip. it was late. but it was also upgraded a bit as well..he gave me overnight shipping but that didnt fix the fact that it was over..what? 3 weeks late.

all i can say is.

BUYER BEWARE.

muhaha.gif

HJX

• Archived User
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

I paid via PayPal back on 11/29 and last week filled out a dispute form.  Seeing that my funds were instantly deducted from my account on PayPal... we'll see if they support my claim and refund my money.  They say to give them 45 (!) business days to fix the problem.  If there are others here who paid via PayPal hopefully they'll understand the urgency of fixing our accounts.

tekboi

• Archived User
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

well, i sent an e-mail today w/ some questions about gettin a pre-modded xbox, But i didn't get an answer yet. I

bedford10

• Archived User
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »

If i EVER get the power supply that i ordered from Modwhiz, I'm most likely never going to order from there again. Terrible service. I mean yeah, i ordered through the Christmas season, but it's been almost a FULL week and i ordered overnight shipping. I ordered the 22nd and its the 28th now. I want to know what the hell is going on mad.gif . Modwhiz isn't answering calls or their help board. If you can help at all, send me an email at [email protected]. Is a power supply for a broken XBox too much to ask for?

jerryalt

• Archived User
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »

I concur that you should AVOID this dealer at all costs! I ordered $200 worth of stuff with next day shipping a month ago, no response until I posted my third Priority 1 help desk ticket. Was told "we lost our shipping dept and should be backfilling orders. Expect confirmation in 24 hours". That was 13 days ago.

I just got my credit card bill and I'm writing tonight to dispute the charges... run away!

What sucks is that I only ordered from them because of the positive reviews in these forums.

jerryalt

• Archived User
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

You can report Internet fraud at http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

I filed a report against modwhiz.com, but doubt it will do any good in the long run.

xboxjason

• Archived User
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

Ugh. I too wish I had seen this earlier sleep.gif I placed an order with them (1 Xbox modchip and 1 GC modchip) on Dec 13th. I have emailed them twice, and called them with no answers. Their perl desk system isn't being replied to either. Well I guess I should at least try and call the cc company. Bunch of scammers...
~Jason

MHolodak

• Archived User
« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

Okay based on the good things I heard of modwhiz I went there to buy a GC case... I ordered it on the 16th of Decemeber. and I have not gotten an email telling me the status of my transaction... I got one that confirmed what I purchased. Nothing about shipment, or any of that. I go on the main page to find a warning saying something to the effect of 'Our email servers are down - we have switched to a help desk method." So I went there, signed in, and left a request for my status... still nothing. I have had it up for ten days waiting for a response - and it hasn't even been looked at!

No communication with customers, while you already have the customer's money... is not a fair transaction whatsoever.

Since I have no way of communicating with you:

ModWhiz, fix this please. It's been 15 days... My order number is #4800.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13