xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Only Sees 2/3rds Of Music On My Pc  (Read 75 times)

Strangelove1

• Archived User
360 Only Sees 2/3rds Of Music On My Pc
« on: January 07, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

I think the 360 media functions are great.  Unfortunately, the 360 only sees about 2/3rds of the music on my PC in the 'my music' folder.  I have about 2700 songs on my pc, and the 360 sees about 1500 of them.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the ones it sees.  At first I thought it wasn't seeing the aac files I ripped using iTunes.  However, it sees some of them and not others.  Has anyone else had this problem, and has anybody found a fix for it?

uhh.gif

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

I know I had a problem of not seeing all of my music.  But I had my music in different folders on my computer so I just had to allow file sharing with my xbox to each and every folder that contained music.  If that's not your situation, then I don't know, maybe the 360 can only read so many songs from one folder.  Maybe try breaking your music into 2 different folders and make sure the file sharing is enabled on both and try that.  Hell, to be honest with ya, I don't know shit, and I've been talking out my ass this whole time.  Sorry about wasting your time, best of luck to ya tongue.gif

jwin767

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

try and find the the music its not finding (sorry if hard task lol) and check the ID3 TAG information, the 360 wont show any music without the correct ID3 TAG info. i found out the hard way lol it didnt see about 3000 tracks onmine lol