xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Music Wont Play From Ipod  (Read 132 times)

Schismatized

• Archived User
Music Wont Play From Ipod
« on: January 02, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

Hmm... no help. i think it is the format that the songs are in. Im not sure if the 360 can play AAC. because it recognizes the songs thast my mom has in winamp but not mine in itunes. I set the folder that contains all my song to share on wmc so i could stream them but the same thing still happens. wtf?

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

The 360 will play AAC encoded files, just not one bought on iTunes - unless you rip out the DRM.  But mp3 converted to AAC via iTunes will definitely play.

beerchug.gif

juanman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

well looks like you got a "special" 360. mine will play the AAC files perfectly off of my ipod and off my computer. or maybe you just arent doing it right  wink.gif

lcapitan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(thebroken @ Jan 3 2006, 07:30 PM) View Post

xbox 360 will not play AAC i know because i ripped all my music off of cds into AAC and they play on the ipod but not on 360 so 360 will not play AAC

Wow. That's REALLY wrong.

You have to download the update it's called "optional ipod support" go to marketplace>game downloads>alphabetical list of games>optional ipod support.

It will not play PROTECTED AAC FILES! In otherwords, purchased or encrypted or right protected music will NOT play.

My 360 plays unprotected AAC files fine.

lcapitan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

Haha don't, they practically hide that update  biggrin.gif  It took me long to find it

psychstar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

while playing a game the 360 can only play 100 songs. in the dash it should be able to play them all.

crb0621

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »

I don't think the 360 can play .m4a files because I have a few albums in that format and they show up with the red x on the 360.

phatchocolatestarfish

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »

If you have downloaded the 'optional ipod support' and can not play M4A files, I know why. If you DRM-strip with Myfairtunes6 it DOES NOT work, if you DRM-strip with QTFairUse6 it DOES work. The only difference I can see if you look at the info pane in iTunes, with the Myfairtunes M4A it says 'encoded with itunes and quicktime' if you look at the same info pane for the QTFairUse6 M4A there is not an 'encoded with' subtitle. Unfortanetly you can not re-strip with QTFairUse6 if you have already done so with Myfairtunes6 (unless you kept the M4P file - I DELETED MINE JUST DAYS BEFORE I GOT QTFairUse6!!!)

Hope this clears things up.