xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Playing High Defintion Movie On 360  (Read 1063 times)

frogsmasha

• Archived User
Playing High Defintion Movie On 360
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

My only problem is I have Windows XP installed, and I reallly dont want to reinstall windows. I think ill wait for a chip or something easier. I hate redoing the computer :/

RogueStorm

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

Monday I will get my copy of Windows MCE 2005 and load it on my dual core Athlon 3800+.  I just spent the morning routing cable through my baseboards in my house to my wiring closet as well so that I could connect my 360 directly to the same switch that my MCE computer will be on.

Now, my question is this.  What do I have to do to play my DVD movies directly from the hard drive of my MCE box, over the network, using my 360?  What is the best way to do that?  Can I simply make a raw copy of the DVD to a directly on MCE and play it that way?  Or do I have to rip the DVD to the hard drive, encode it into a single file and then play it back?

chris081271

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2006, 06:12:00 AM »

Use DVDdecrypter or similar to rip the Video_ts folder to your hard drive.
This plays with no probs on my 360.

n00bal3r7

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2006, 06:22:00 AM »

take a ts joiner , and get 1 file out of ur ts files , im just seeing late night show on 1080i , but its a little out of sync maybe a mili second , or is it maybe cause im dloading wih 8mb/s smile.gif same time . can it cause this prob in my home network when i dload fast that the stream gets a little out of sync ? ohmy.gif

Alphy

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

This is a very interesting thread and I send you my gratitude to everyone who has contributed to it so far. Just a quick recap and a few questions. I downloaded a 1080i version of Gladiator, a 22GB mammoth, and will probably merge all the .ts files and then use that "pump" program to stream it to my Xbox 360. Now, I'm assuming the 360 does the hardware decoding of the files? The reason I ask is that the movie plays very poorly for me with VLC, I can very clearly see the interlacing lines, and I'm hoping the 360 is the deciding factor of how well a film will play on the TV, and not my laptop. I will be hardwiring my Xbox 360 and Laptop via ethernet, as I doubt my 802.11G network could handle the bandwidth (it might but a full 12MB/sec sounds much better, right?) Also, I don't need MCE to pump one large .ts to the 360?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dasgooch

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Alphy @ Jan 18 2006, 11:58 AM) View Post

This is a very interesting thread and I send you my gratitude to everyone who has contributed to it so far. Just a quick recap and a few questions. I downloaded a 1080i version of Gladiator, a 22GB mammoth, and will probably merge all the .ts files and then use that "pump" program to stream it to my Xbox 360. Now, I'm assuming the 360 does the hardware decoding of the files? The reason I ask is that the movie plays very poorly for me with VLC, I can very clearly see the interlacing lines, and I'm hoping the 360 is the deciding factor of how well a film will play on the TV, and not my laptop. I will be hardwiring my Xbox 360 and Laptop via ethernet, as I doubt my 802.11G network could handle the bandwidth (it might but a full 12MB/sec sounds much better, right?) Also, I don't need MCE to pump one large .ts to the 360?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Wow you have a lot of issues that need to be addressed there, i'll try to catch them all.

First and formost, you MUST have MCE installed on your PC. No way around it. When you install the HDTVpump program on your MCE PC you don't actually have to run anything else to make it stream. It is just like installing a codec, the Media Center front end or the Xbox360 extender will handle everything after that. The next thing you need to is download and install HDTVtoMpeg and join your TS files together. Once you have done all that it should work perfectly, assuming you have installed the Xbox 360 Extender software on your PC from xbox.com/pcsetup.

n00bal3r7

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2006, 04:25:00 AM »

never use HDTVtoMpeg , quality loss , join the files with "Simple File Joiner
Version: 2.0" or "NullPacketStripper_v013beta" . and ur set  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

allentron

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2006, 06:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(n00bal3r7 @ Jan 19 2006, 11:56 AM) View Post

Version: 2.0" or "NullPacketStripper_v013beta" . and ur set  tongue.gif

How about "MPEG2Repair"?

It repairs the ts's video and audio streams and joins them to one .ts file

Will this also lose quality?

toka hao

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(obstler @ Dec 3 2005, 09:33 AM) *

Video on the x360 can currently only be played from two locations: either stored locally on the internal hdd (and the only way for a movie to get there is through the official xbox live downloads -- so no personal content there at all), or through the MCE extender mode streaming from the mce pc.

Only DVD videos can be played back in the dvd drive of the x360. so any other movie you want to play has to be shared from the mce pc.

It doesn't matter where the file comes from; as long as it's supported just drop it into a shared location and play it. As I mentioned in another thread, I don't use the mce for recording at all, simply for sharing my videos that come from other devices.

Does connecting a USB hard drive to the XBOX 360 enable you to playback HD vids?

Vivix729

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

So, out of all these methods, which one works best for combining lots of .ts files into one big .ts file for the 360 to stream?

thamnmsho

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(n00bal3r7 @ Jan 19 2006, 11:56 AM) View Post

Version: 2.0" or "NullPacketStripper_v013beta" . and ur set  tongue.gif

You're dumb...HDTV2MPEG does nothing but join the files...no re-encoding or upscaling. It does not touch the video or the bitrate unless you tell it to. Please, don't discourage people from using the best .ts joiner out there.

xzenor

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vivix729 @ Feb 5 2006, 05:30 PM) *

So, out of all these methods, which one works best for combining lots of .ts files into one big .ts file for the 360 to stream?

Use DVD Shrink, its by far the best way to convert a DVD to a single .TS file. Take note, you must go into the settings to convert the DVD into a single .TS file. Then simply rename the file from .TS to .MPG. This works great on my 360, never a single problem.

XzeneR

This post has been edited by xzenor: Feb 6 2006, 06:13 AM

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

I must add, there is definitely some great info in this thread. Much more than what I have found from the AVS Forums.

1. I'll do the T2 Extreme WMV DVD tonight. The DVD has been sitting there for almost couple of years now.
2. I'll re-install HDTV2MPEG to do my .ts file combining.
3. I'll install HDTV Pump so I won't have to rename my .ts files to .mpg anymore to stream.

Now a question. For those that are streaming .ts files now, are you still able to ff and rw the movie that is playing on the 360? For some reason, the few .ts files I have played, I am unable to ff and rw without locking up the 360.

zombie4rave

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »

I've had problems with FF and RWD on the ts files also. It doesn't lock up but it doesn't work either. Pressing the track skip forward button seems to advance the frame a little at a time with each press working like a half-assed FF.

Use DVD Shrink, its by far the best way to convert a DVD to a single .TS file. Take note, you must go into the settings to convert the DVD into a single .TS file. Then simply rename the file from .TS to .MPG. This works great on my 360, never a single problem.

XzeneR

I think you're a little confused. DVD Shrink has nothing to do with .ts files. We're talking about high definition video files not DVD. Null packet stripper works well for combining multiple ts.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

FWIW, I only got the freezing from FF RW a couple of times. I believe it was the Matrix revolutions where I got it initially. But after that it did play fine and I had to do the skip forward button press x100 to get back to my original spot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6