xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Imac (late 2009) With Ga11n Dvd-rw Drive Fails To Burn 360 Backups  (Read 25 times)

9mmbullets

• Archived User

I just replaced my iMac with one of the new 27" iMacs. It has a new DVD-RW drive in it and so far, I've yet to be able to complete a burn of a backed up 360 game. The drive shows up in OSx360 as HL-DT-ST DVDRW GA11N.

Firmware Revision:   KA18
  Interconnect:   ATAPI
  Burn Support:   Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
  Cache:   2048 KB
  Reads DVD:   Yes
  CD-Write:   -R, -RW
  DVD-Write:   -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
  Write Strategies:   CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
  Media:   To show the available burn speeds, insert a disc and choose View > Refresh

I get options to burn at 2.4x, 4x or 6x. All speeds fail. I get about 20-30% through a burn and then it fails with message: "Burn Failed - The burn to the HL-DT-ST DVDRW GA11N drive failed. The disc drive didn't respond properly and can't recover or retry."

I've also tried in iBurn360 and it fails there as well. It doesn't matter which game I try to burn, even games that I've already backed up to DVD-DL fail now. I'm hoping someone else with this new iMac can let me know if they are seeing the same issues or if this is a one-off and perhaps I have a bad drive.

The media I'm using is the same I've used in the past without any issues -- RiDATA DVD-DL Inkjet Hub Printable.

This post has been edited by 9mmbullets: Nov 7 2009, 07:50 PM

strang

• Archived User
New Imac (late 2009) With Ga11n Dvd-rw Drive Fails To Burn 360 Backups
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »

Both OSx360 and iBurn are super old.

Try this: http://www.isox360.com/, it's still consistently updated. Last release was dated July 2009.