xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installer In Northeast Usa  (Read 68 times)

otherguy

• Archived User
Installer In Northeast Usa
« on: September 28, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/otherguy/xbox/banner.jpg)

IN STOCK:
  • Premoded machines!
  • 160GB lockable hard drives!
  • 40GB lockable hdd upgrades (small supply - get them while you can)
  • Stock Xbox Hard drives for $16 shipped priority mail For Recent Live Bannings - $10 For drive, $6 shipping anywhere in the US via USPS Priority mail (2-3 days)
  • CHIPS CURRENTLY IN STOCK: Xecuter 2.6s, Aladdin XT 4064s
  • White Super Bright LEDs (for LAN/HDD activity or power button LED replacement)
Ordered/On its Way:
  • 11/22/04 - I've just placed an order for more X2.6s and some Aladdin XTs with LCD support!
  • Refurbished machines
  • Restock of cheapmod chips - the new ones will be removeable from the LPC and not installed via wires.
  • I'll be ordering a new batch of chips soon - maybe some Xeniums or SmartXX's (probably a few more X2.6s too - if you have a request let me know)

Want your xbox modded for FREE? [email protected] for info. Special offer for next 4 participants only.

Over 100 successful installs and repairs!

CONTACT INFORMATION: [email protected] ( Subject of e-mail should contain the word xbox ) - Typically it takes me no more than 10 minutes to respond to new mail. Please e-mail me for the fastest response time.
I am also available through AIM: otherguy15

LOCATION: Clinton, CT || Rochester, NY - USA (current residence in bold)

PRICING:
 MODS: All mods installed for $30 +S/H and cost of chip (no chip cost for tsop mods). No extra charge for 1.6 installs!
 Chips: I charge only what I payfor chips. Please contact me for a list of my current prices. They are constantly changing (to bring you the lowest possible prices).
 Hdd Upgrades: Old software / apps and gamesaves backed. If you provide HDD - $10. IF you are purchasing a hdd from me there are no additional fees.
 Repairs and Upgrades: Pricing on a case to case basis - always reasonable (based on repair time and complexity of repair).
 Premods! - IN STOCK. Price dependant on preferred chip.

Payment:
Payment for all sales must be made before I ship it to you. NO exceptions. I accept payment via two methods.
  • Paypal - payments made via paypal must be transfered from a bank account. I cannot accept payments made through credit or debit cards. If a payment is made from a credit or debit card it will be deinied.
  • Money Order - United States Postal Service money orders ONLY.

REFERENCES: Please E-mail for most updated list or look below for a list of comments people have left here! Check below for a list of feedback people have left in this thread!

CHIPS FITTED: ALL AND ANY, tsop flashes are also available. I'm very experienced with a wide variety of chips. I've successfully installed Cheapmods, Aladdins, Chameleons, Xecuter 2.3s, Xecuter 2.6s, Xecuter 3s, SmartXXs, and Xeniums! All chips are welcome! NOTE: I charge only what the chips costs me! I am always searching for the lowest costing chips to keep prices as low as possible. 1.6's are accepted/modded at no extra charge

POSTAL SERVICES: USPS preferred, UPS also available.

REPAIRS: Repairs and botched installs are also welcome! Contact for more details. I am very familiar with the xbox's hardware, and have brought many client's machines back from the dead.

ABOUT ME:
 I am currently a student at Rochester Institute of Technology where I study Electrical Engineering. I've been a part of the console modding scene for the past two years. Prior to that I had focused more on other misc. electronic devices. I am more than familiar with electrical components in general, and have a stong understanding of how the xbox opperates.

PHOTOGRAPHS OF MY WORK:
New Images Added 11/16/04Most Recent Jobs/Mod News:
  • 11/22/04 - I finished up two xboxs today, one was a n Xecuter 2.6 in a 1.6 xbox, the seccond was a tsop flash on a 1.4. Enjoy!
  • 11/19/05 - Completed a 1.6b install today. Took an abnormally long time to complete the mod, but everything's working. The box had an X2.6 installed in it. Time to order more chips!
  • 11/18/04 - Just finished up another Xecuter 2.6 install on a 1.6 machine. This one had a 120gb Hard drive upgrade.
  • 11/17/04 - Completed two X3 installs last night. I still have a few more X3s in stock. New pictures of both installs are up. One was a v1.0, the other was a special Halo edition xbox with a 160gb hard drive upgrade!
  • 11/11/04 - Finished up an X3 premod install on an off the shelf v1.6 box. This one included a 120gb hdd upgrade. It's all ready to be sent out today.
  • 11/10/04 - Completed another cheapmod install on a 1.6 box. This one with a 160gb upgrade. Cheapmods are going fast, just ordered more!
  • 11/09/04 - Just completed 5, YES 5, Premods. All of them had Xecuter 2.6s installed, and they were of course all new v1.6 machines. And of course they're all working.
  • 11/05/04 - Finished installing a SmartXX v2.0 in a 1.6 xbox with an LCD! Check out the new pics of the LCD install!
  • 11/04/04 - Completed an install of a cheapmod on a 1.6 xbox. Also upgraded the hard drive to 160gb!
  • 11/02/04 - Recieved a dammaged board for repairs. The resistor commonly used for connecting the BT line to was completely removed. Traced connecing this resister were also gone. A replacement 1K ohm resister was installed, repairing the broken connection.
    Also completed a tsop flash on a 1.4 xbox with a 120gb hard drive upgrade.
  • 10/27/04 - Fixed bad Aladdin flash on 1.6 board. Also TSOP flashed a v1.0 for another client.
  • 10/25/04 - Fixed a client's bad flash on a 1.6.
  • 10/23/04 - Reflashed two SST chips for client with a working bios image.
  • 10/22/04 - Completed a cheapmod install on a 1.6 xbox. Also installed a 120gb hdd upgrade.
  • 10/20/04 - I just finished a 160gb hdd upgrade for a client i had previously done a tsop flash for.
  • 10/18/04 - Just finished repairing and completing a super aladdin live chip on a 1.6 board. Everything's working as usual. Also completed, Executer 2.6 premod with 80gb hdd upgrade in a 1.6 xbox.
  • 10/15/04 - My shipment of hard drives just arrived. 160gb hard drives are selling for $130 while supplies last! Tonight I finished up a 1.6 premod install. This time the chip was an xecuter 2.6. Everything went beautiful. I also upgaded the hdd to 120gb. Locked and ready to ship in the morning.
  • 10/14/04 - 3am again. I just added a bunch of new images above. Check out the links!
  • 10/13/04 - 3am completed an X3 premod on a 1.6 xbox. I was a little stumpped when it didn't boot automatically. Who would have known, xecuter forgot to add a very necessary wire to the "wire install adapter." After a little testing and a modification to the faulty part, it boots beautifully. Thanks again for another mind fuck Team Xecuter
  • 10/12/04 - Completed two premods. Both of the machines are 1.6s, everything went flawlessly as usual. One has a Xenium Ice installed, and the other has the new Halloween SmartXX installed. I should have pictures of the installs soon! There's a line of premods right now, i've got three more to do. So keep an eye out.
  • 10/11/04 - Determining cause of Error 7 on previous client's tsoped xbox w/ large hdd. The dvd drive appears to be causing the problem. If you've got one of my modded boxes, there's no worries, i'm always here to help.
    Also I have a large order of premods coming through. I'll have pictures up of the installs soon.
  • 10/11/04 - Tsop flashed xbox with a bad dvd-rom. No need for the dvd drive anymore! Works without it.
  • 10/07/04 - TSOP flashed 1.3 xbox for a client. Another satisfied customer.
  • 10/03/04 - I am currently researching IRMods and planning on possibly developing and selling my own. If you are interested please leave a PM or message below. The world of PIC programming is new to me, and I plan on writing my own code for the controlling device, I always welcome a new challenge.
  • 09/29/04 - Repaired a clients xbox, was not booting after a mod install. After inspection of motherboard, problem was identified, and necessary repairs made.
  • 09/26/04 - Cheapmod install (with disable switch) on a client's 1.6 xbox. Upgraded to 120GB hard drive.
Note: Xbox modifications and repairs may void some/all warranties you have with MS and/or other retailers.

This post has been edited by otherguy: Nov 30 2004, 03:28 AM <

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »

References:

I've decided to keep a list of feedback people have left in this thread. All these posts can be found in this thread, they are listed here simply for convenience. For a complete list of references please e-mail me.

For those of you having installations done by me. Please remember to post feed after your order is recieved. I rely on my customer feedback to show my credibility and quality of work. Thank you for helping  :D

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

QUOTE (laxb0y1o @ Nov 30 2004, 08:57 PM)
UNBELIEVABLE WORK!!! Sent him 1 xbox v1.6B to be modded with a x2.6 the job looks like it was done by MS themselves! Turnaround time was so fast (he even did it during the Thanksgiving weekend....I am sending him 2 xbox again...People this guy is the best no doubts about that

QUOTE (elhombre923 @ Nov 26 2004, 06:22 PM)
Otheryguy modded my xbox back in april since then ive sent 9 of my friends to him and all the xboxs are working great.  He also did them fairly quickly all within a matter of hours.  keep up the good work.

QUOTE (Bradleylicious @ Nov 22 2004, 05:38 PM)
On 11/19/04 Otherguy installed a Xecuter 2.6 into my version 1.6B box.  It was his first time with the 1.6B, but he was a pro.  I met him in person, after talking with him online for about 2 weeks.  Great communication!  When I arrived for the mod, he began his work, it took a long time, because he never had done it before but he blew off travel plans, just to make sure when I left my machine was flawless.  Since the mod, he has helped me an endless amount of times with all my newbee questions.  I am going to send 3 friends with the boxes his way. 

"Best modder out there...Worth every penny!"

Thanks again Otherguy...VERY SATISFIED...

QUOTE (Zaatar @ Nov 22 2004, 04:44 PM)
I had the Otherguy install an x3 in my Halo Edition xbox. He did an amazing job. Completely professional, fair prices, and excellent communication. I'm kind of a noob with all this stuff and he was very patient as well w/ my continual questions, before, during, and even after the sale. Thanks Otherguy!

QUOTE (dstar2002 @ Nov 20 2004, 07:11 PM)
excellent service and communication

although no physical transaction was made, i know that if i need something i can always look back to him, even if its just for advice

QUOTE (Tresnar @ Nov 17 2004, 07:44 PM)
Ordered a stock HDD. Otherguy was easy to get a hold of (Had a response a couple minutes after I decided on a Drive). Drive was packed very well, in a protective shell and static bag. Postmarked 15th, Arrived 17th.

QUOTE (JohnnyHunng @ Nov 17 2004, 04:18 PM)
Helped me out nice and quick with a XBMC problem, otherguy knows his stuff.

QUOTE (des1017 @ Nov 3 2004, 12:50 AM)
Otherguy helped me a ton on how to install my chip, he deffinately knows what he's doing. If anyone needs any hardware work done at all, i would deffinately recommend this guy.

QUOTE (Porgie @ Oct 26 2004, 01:31 AM)
Modded my Box, then i broke it in less than 24 hours. He fixed it agian, SHipped out supafast... gREAT pRICE, great communication... Great guy

QUOTE (C89ZX7R @ Oct 15 2004, 02:24 AM)
Great guy . just talking to him on aol instant messanger he helped me solve my problem . which was when i disable my mod chip i get a error code and a flashing light .  he said my problem would be solved after i locked the hard drive from system management  . and i did it , and my problem was solved . been trying to firgue the problem out for 4 months . and now it works . he knows his stuff . i recommend doing business with this guy . i know i will . for sure . thank you OTHERGUY for the technical support .

QUOTE (Master_Chiefzor @ Oct 4 2004, 12:37 PM)
Otherguy modded my 1.0 xbox with a chameleon. This was done about a year ago, and everything is still working perfectly. He also installed a larger hard drive for me. I'm very satisfied.

QUOTE (orren450 @ Oct 12 2004, 07:59 PM)
I thought my box was dead, but I sent it to otherguy and he did his magic.  It's running like a champ  now.  I go to him for all my modding needs.

QUOTE (Hoohah @ Oct 3 2004, 10:53 AM)
Sent him an Xbox that was a botched chip install and I figured it was a goner I also had reservations on sending it to a stranger but went ahead and did it anyway,Well much to my surprise he revived it back to life and got it to work with my backed up games, I must say the service was great and shipping was prompt and he did the work for a very fair price.
I highly recommend using him ans will use him to do future repairs, a job well done thanks again,
                Hoohah

QUOTE (yetim2 @ Oct 2 2004, 09:11 PM)
Otherguy modded my xbox 4 months ago, used my origan hdd and now its 10 times better. I trust him competely, i think im gunna have him put a bigger hdd in, cause his work was so good. o and remeber his price is really low.

QUOTE (TTTT @ Oct 2 2004, 08:33 PM)
Otherguy installed a 2.3b lite on my v1.6 xbox, which is definetly the most difficult and complex install there is. I was hesistant at first,sending my xbox to a stranger  :uhh: but after talking with other's who had work done by him I was convinced. Everything worked out fine. His price is EXTREMELY fair and he was prompt and courteous as well as professional. I would recommend to anyone.

QUOTE (TasteyMaggot @ Oct 2 2004, 07:19 PM)
Yea, otherguy modded my xbox just last week.  Everything's working great with it, and he got it done quickly and cheeply, even though I had a 1.6 (pain in the ass to do, as I understand).  He even worked around the crappy mod chip I bought, which was broken on arival.  He knows what he's doing, and he good at it.  Definitly recommended.

QUOTE (R3D @ Oct 2 2004, 05:45 PM)
Otherguy modded my box about 4 months ago, works awesome, he put in a larger hard drive, installed all the needed software, he is a trustable and well knowledged modder, in the future i will deffinetly have him doing the work on my xbox ... he doesnt kill you w/ price either, he knows his stuff ...

This post has been edited by otherguy: Dec 1 2004, 03:08 AM <

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

bump  <

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

bump

This post has been edited by otherguy: Oct 2 2004, 11:08 PM <

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

bump

This post has been edited by otherguy: Oct 2 2004, 11:08 PM <

R3D

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

Otherguy modded my box about 4 months ago, works awesome, he put in a larger hard drive, installed all the needed software, he is a trustable and well knowledged modder, in the future i will deffinetly have him doing the work on my xbox ... he doesnt kill you w/ price either, he knows his stuff ...

<

TasteyMaggot

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

Yea, otherguy modded my xbox just last week.  Everything's working great with it, and he got it done quickly and cheeply, even though I had a 1.6 (pain in the ass to do, as I understand).  He even worked around the crappy mod chip I bought, which was broken on arival.  He knows what he's doing, and he good at it.  Definitly recommended.

This post has been edited by TasteyMaggot: Oct 3 2004, 01:27 AM <

TTTT

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

Otherguy installed a 2.3b lite on my v1.6 xbox, which is definetly the most difficult and complex install there is. I was hesistant at first,sending my xbox to a stranger  :uhh: but after talking with other's who had work done by him I was convinced. Everything worked out fine. His price is EXTREMELY fair and he was prompt and courteous as well as professional. I would recommend to anyone.  <

yetim2

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

Otherguy modded my xbox 4 months ago, used my origan hdd and now its 10 times better. I trust him competely, i think im gunna have him put a bigger hdd in, cause his work was so good. o and remeber his price is really low.

This post has been edited by yetim2: Oct 10 2004, 12:03 AM <

Hoohah

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »

Sent him an Xbox that was a botched chip install and I figured it was a goner I also had reservations on sending it to a stranger but went ahead and did it anyway,Well much to my surprise he revived it back to life and got it to work with my backed up games, I must say the service was great and shipping was prompt and he did the work for a very fair price.
I highly recommend using him ans will use him to do future repairs, a job well done thanks again,
               Hoohah  <

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

Thanks everyone for your feedback, i'm glad i could help you all out.  :D   <

Master_Chiefzor

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

Otherguy modded my 1.0 xbox with a chameleon. This was done about a year ago, and everything is still working perfectly. He also installed a larger hard drive for me. I'm very satisfied.  <

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to be of service.  <

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

bump  <

otherguy

• Archived User