xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bungie Unscrews Previously Screwed Gamer: Halo3 Swag Bag  (Read 111 times)

beasty54

• Archived User
Bungie Unscrews Previously Screwed Gamer: Halo3 Swag Bag
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(kiao_shaun @ Mar 8 2008, 03:46 AM) View Post

WOW Bungie are awesome, I especially enjoy lagging in every game of halo 3 i play, Thanks for Looking out for all your Fans, Lag rulez

Maybe its your problem and not bungies  rolleyes.gif  i no longer play Halo 3 but when i did it was rare that me or my friends ever came across lag.

Back on topic..... i think its a great gesture of bungie to send the bag of goodies, and even though its publicity for them not many companys would do such a thing so good on em  biggrin.gif

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »

Bungie has just scored 100 cool points with me for reaching out the a screwed gamer. Of course, most of the stuff is unappealing to me (considering I didn't care much for H3, and I've got the H3 wireless controllers already, too), but it's definately better than nothing.

I also can't help but think that the only reason MS is actually 'looking into' this is because Bungie actually did something for the guy. Had they not done anything, Nate would still be SOL.

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 03:36:00 AM »

I think that bungie just earned countless cool points here, and this is from a guy that absolutely loathes playing shooters, in all their constantly repackaged same-stuff glory. (Although I admit, MOST great games stick to classic formulas.) But to the point, the things they rewarded this guy for are absolutely awesome, especially for a shooter fan.

That personally signed collectors edition helmet alone is probably worth ten times what the 360 was, and PR or not, that's some very amazing support. They didn't HAVE to involve rewarding a fan in their PR; especially when they weren't even involved in his loss.

It should be noted too, that it's a natural thing for a huge company like MS to take a while to respond to something like this. In fact, for the size of their operation, and trying to respond in detail to a single fan, it seems like they were pretty quick. I believe the original article says they'll send him an even greater item. It's possible that they just didn't respond until it became a PR issue, but it's also possible that the turnaround time for such an exact detail just took a while.

By the way, if anyone read the original article, the guy explains that he only hoped to make an impact and get the support standards to raise, not free schwag. If you read it, you can tell this is probably true.

In any case, awesome move on bungie's part.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 04:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(BiNiaRiS @ Mar 8 2008, 12:01 AM) View Post

why send him a halo edition 360?  he already got a 360 back in the 1st place and now he just scored like $200 worth of halo swag for SCREWING up in the first place.  plus microshit says they are gonna fix it.

He sent a faulty 360 back to Microsoft, pointing out time and time again that it should NOT be cleaned up.  How exactly did he screw it up?  What would you have done, taken it to the repair centre yourself and carried it through the whole process?  Oh no, of course, you'd have just kept your signed-all-over but completely WORTHLESS, FUCKED 360 on the shelf, wouldn't you?

"Oh wow, look at your Xbox?  How cool is that?"
"Yeah I know, great isn't it?"
"Can I play on it?"
"Oh no, it doesn't work, it just looks good..."

E-Ravishing

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »

Wait, all they sent me was a pencil, a pair of halo 3 sunglasses, and boxer shorts that say "HERE'S THE HALO" right where the ass crack goes.  I didn't even get the Halo 3 dish rags I wanted. muhaha.gif

saltfish

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »

WOW, you guys are a pretty ungrateful bunch.  While it sucks what happened, and M$ needs to make good on their error (and im sure now they will) What Bungie did was great.  Who cares what they gave him, it could have been a freakin Halo YoYo, the fact remains that they saw a gamer in need, and decided to do something to try to ease the pain.  They didn't need to do anything, its not like they cleaned his Xbox.  If anything he got some potential collectables, and Bungie forced M$'s hand to make good on getting his box straight.  This is what is wrong with the world today, no one is ever satisfied with what they get for FREE!!  they always want more.  Mistakes will happen, people screw up, that is actually a part of life, what makes some companies different from others is when they are willing to fix their mistakes, in this case Bungie was willing to try to fix M$'s mistake! Way to go Bungie!

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »

I want a Halo hacky sack!

beerchug.gif

BluNbiG

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »

dry.gif i want some

TheRat

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »

aint going to be long now befor the helmet is on ebay tongue.gif

Rem they didnt have to do it! its MickySoft employe that did the mistake.. of cleaning a Dirty Xbox..

hmm makes me think now, could i get something if i got someone to sign it b4 they died.. (anyone) there aint no replacing that sig!..

loot loot loot! of to Gears to tell them my Xbox 360 with nany name was on it lol

its just 1 in a million..  you think this will happen again?

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »

This is really good of bungie no matter how you slice it. What boggles my mind is that some people are still acting like bungie could have done more; what a bunch of asshats!!

88 Ecko Unltd 88

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »

this is very kind of bungi.. as well as good publicity for them  smile.gif

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 04:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(downlowfunk @ Mar 7 2008, 05:48 PM) View Post

I cannot believe they sent him a big pile of shit.  What an insult.     Course Bungie didnt screw up the xbox MS did.    Still If anything send the boy a 360-halo edition. Signed by the staff and sketched up by the art department.

sleeping.gif

So umm what if he happens to not like HALO? to him that would be worthless.
Not every 360 owner is in love with HALO.

However that put aside this was very above and beyond the call of duty for Bungie to do.
Now Microsoft needs to step-up to the plate and do something.

Arch0n

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »

Wonder what M$ are going to do (second part of the news post)?

Proabably get a 360 signed by Steve Ballmer LMAO! laugh.gif

Quick Nathaniel!! Put it in front of your space heater wrapped in towels so it will RROD and send it back with a "plz scrub case hard kthx' note attached.

Or maybe he'll get the poor old Indian tech's finger in the mail or something - Redmond gangland style...

PirateElf

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(BiNiaRiS @ Mar 8 2008, 01:01 AM) View Post

why send him a halo edition 360?  he already got a 360 back in the 1st place and now he just scored like $200 worth of halo swag for SCREWING up in the first place.  plus microshit says they are gonna fix it.

Exactly. The kid was just plain dumb and the way the community is sensationalizing the story just makes you want to puke. If you have a 360 that has sigs and artwork worth more than the 360 (to you anyway) just buy a new freakin 360. Sending it it and then whining like a baby cause they trashed your precious artwork and then of all things being rewarded for your idiocy... Only further proving you don't ever have to take responsibility for anything because you can always blame someone. What a tool.

proger

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »

Imagine how much he'd earn on ebay...  blink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3