xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox360 Deisk Capacity.. Limitations?  (Read 26 times)

DrScouse

• Archived User
Xbox360 Deisk Capacity.. Limitations?
« on: December 10, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »

I know its prob an old argument.. it was nearly the main factor for me getting a PS3.. but I went with the 360 as 99% of everyone I know has one...

Are games likely to sufffer due the amound of data a dvd-dl can store, especially when you consider that BluRay has the potential to have 50gb...

Im somewhat disappointed when gameplay, on for example, CoD4 is prob areound 6 or so hours of offline play, when PC games used to go on forever..!

I know online gaming is part and parcel of the 360, but I still like offline gaming...

Are games typically using most of the 8gb+ available..??

bucko

• Recovered User
Xbox360 Deisk Capacity.. Limitations?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »

It's actually 9GB available. Does it look like games are suffering now? We are pretty much into 3rd generation of games, look what Halo 3, GTA 4 (when released), PGR 4, Mass Effect, Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3 and the other 20+ games that are coming out/out do they really look like they are suffering from compression in full HD?

Blu-Ray is just for laziness to developers, MS has some awesome compression tools (for on the fly processing etc) and low Dashboard memory footprint that Blu-Ray is not really necessary for games.

Hell what 2 games on the PS3 have said they needed Blu-Ray? And there mainly for uncompressed cut-scenes and languages files. Wow were really missing out on that in the games now arn't we, I don't think so.

If it does become a problem it will go multi-disk route, but I can't see that for a long time, just look at GTA 4. I'm not dissing the PS3 I've ordered one for me for Xmas, I just think Blu-Ray should be left for movies because that is all it's good at.

For insprition http://www.theprodukkt.com/ look what you can do, fit a whole 3D shooter in a 64KB memory footprint, who needs blu-ray!