xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Official Xbl Ban Thread  (Read 605 times)

knodi

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(boulie @ Nov 23 2007, 01:07 PM) *

Banned: Yes
DVD Drive: Samsung MS28
Firmware: iXtreme 1.2 rev2
Previous firmware: none
Spoofed: No
Date of ban: 11/21/07
Date of flash: When I bought the 360 about 2 months ago. I flashed it directly with a ban xbox. NEVER BEEN EVER PLUG.
Last 3 games played: COD4, VT3 (retail)
Downloaded games ever played: Yes
Backups on Live Played: Yes

I have some serious doubt about cod4, as it is the only copy i played on this xbox.
here's the ini file.

[962ED47D336D09AC]
SS=962ED47D
RawSS=F96EE94A
PFI=A4CFB59C
DMI=19F91B33
RegionFlags=FFFFFFFF
V0=81DF6964
V1=E47F6A94
Video=91410773
Game=00000000
XexHash=336D09AC
MediaID=1EDFAC80440C6BD3DB843F83-15E8CF88
DiscSource=Scene Release
GameName=COD4
GamerTag=Anonymous
DriveName=Unknown
DriveFW=Unknown

See you...

This is interesting as I have only play one backup on my drive the same COD4 scene release you have but I'm not banned.

Banned: No
DVD Drive: BenQ VAD6038-64930C
Firmware: iXtreme 1.1
Date of ban: N/A
Date of flash: 2 weeks ago. Did go on LIVE before that.
Last 3 games played: COD4(Scene)

[962ED47D336D09AC]
SS=962ED47D
RawSS=F96EE94A
PFI=A4CFB59C
DMI=19F91B33
RegionFlags=FFFFFFFF
V0=81DF6964
V1=E47F6A94
Video=91410773
Game=00000000
XexHash=336D09AC
DiscSource=Scene Release
GameName=COD4

Iriez

• Administrator
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(knodi @ Nov 23 2007, 02:03 PM) View Post

This is interesting as I have only play one backup on my drive the same COD4 scene release you have but I'm not banned.

DVD Drive: BenQ VAD6038-64930C
Firmware: iXtreme 1.1
Date of flash: 2 weeks ago. Did go on LIVE before that.
Last 3 games played: COD4(Scene)

[962ED47D336D09AC]
SS=962ED47D
RawSS=F96EE94A
PFI=A4CFB59C
DMI=19F91B33
RegionFlags=FFFFFFFF
V0=81DF6964
V1=E47F6A94
Video=91410773
Game=00000000
XexHash=336D09AC
DiscSource=Scene Release
GameName=COD4

I know dozens of people with the same information. All are not banned, yet only play that specific game/release.

Its difficult to find a pattern if any. Thats why MS is smart in using 'waves' to ban people. There are also people who do not play cod4 at all and are banned.

The checks are the same as before, just that MS is getting tighter in their validation methods with regards to SS/DMI/PFI matching.

Devedander

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »

I have to say that while I can't quite believe MS is holding a big list and chunking of pieces at a time with the banhammer, it actually makes pretty decent sense in that it keeps the fear hanging over you all the time...

If you were going to mod and take the risk and buy a new xbox if you get banned, they weren't going to stop you anyway.  But for those who are on the wire (like me) this is the kind of thing that could hold you off a little longer and a little longer and... who knows how long...

(c)S

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Iriez @ Nov 23 2007, 02:22 PM) View Post

I know dozens of people with the same information. All are not banned, yet only play that specific game/release.

Its difficult to find a pattern if any. Thats why MS is smart in using 'waves' to ban people. There are also people who do not play cod4 at all and are banned.

The checks are the same as before, just that MS is getting tighter in their validation methods with regards to SS/DMI/PFI matching.

He's totally right. I know people using that info. i been asking them for their info on their other made/gotten games including/especially cod4. Now mostly ALL of them have the similar info and only 2 have diff SS#'s (maybe cause they are from Germany and have the German copy.).

But Iriez is right, I know a bunch of people who have gotten banned and have yet to play COD4. All the people i know with that info has stated that it was made with a kreon drive as stated on release info.But then again, might just be bullshit.But as i have been seeing ,tons of people with that data are still up and running.M$ knows who does what, they just sit back and ban in small waves, not alot to get people to revolt but enough to make an example of the less fortunate.

I have been reading around and the person who put it on the net is claiming its made to standards. Supposedly it came from a copy pre released by a unnamed manager at an unnamed game store in the U.K.(this is word of mouth though).
     I Have been telling people for the longest ,stop downloading games as 1 day they will set up a trap and catch tons of people. Guess what? The trap was set out again. Im starting to believe this was a planned release by industry insiders and M$. The game company gets to weed out the riff raff, and M$ gets money out of banned consoles.
(8 of 10 people banned from LIVE in the 1st wave purchased another x360)

Too coincidental that it's right before th holidays then the spring bans were right before the summer vacation. Hmmm.. dry.gif

notrain

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »

Imo they are now banning people from the first banwave they spared intentionally back then and people who played the "bad" COD4 release. The people who claim to have played the bad COD4 but aren't banned yet, are simply those who will be banned in wave no.3 in 6-8 months + the people they will have detected with a new bad copy of some blockbuster to come.

It would be smart to mix "old" detected people with "new" detected people, because "we" cannot make out a pattern then. I really think the main culprit now is the COD4 release, it even fails the overall result in Schtrom 3.4.

barloue

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »

is it possible that they arnt detecting us in this way at all but are actually reading the firmware. wouldnt say it is impossible as they want us to think that it is the games to stop people figuring out the right reason cause they are busy trying to figure out the games. couple of reasons

1. WE can dump the firmware onto our flashing devices so why cant they?

2. A lot of people that have been banned (including mysel) reported that thier xbox was on even though they knew it was turned off. in most cases it went on for a few seconds restarted then went on again for another few.

so is it possible that the first time was to set the xbox into mode B (like we do) but in their own way and were able to restart it and read the dumped firmware. automated computer doesnt recognise the firmware as original , resets the dvd drive back to normal and bans the xbox.

I myself leave my ethernet connected all the time as does my brother and we are both banned. know 2 people who werent banned and it just so happens that they dont leave the cable in when they dont use it.

so suppose we need to know who got banned that DOESNT leave the ethernet in when not in use or who got banned while using the xbox.

if that is the case then couldnt we just leave it disconnected when not in use so they couldnt do that?

just a thought

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Iriez @ Nov 23 2007, 02:22 PM) View Post

Quite true. At least two of the more recent "releases" needed fixes, so I'm sure COD4 is not the ONLY culprit, and there may have simply been a timed check of the game, a procedure sent downstream when the game "checks in" to Live. The "waves" thing is indeed a smart tactic, and everybody needs to keep in mind that they are using this tactic - your ban has little to do with what you are doing at the time of the ban, and not getting banned for some is a big "YET", not a sure thing.

It is most likely that your Xbox 360 gets "tagged" by the server at one point in time, followed by a ban at a later point in time. This is done to create disinformation in the ranks fo the underground, and obfuscate the real trigger. The first thing that needs to be established is if Microsoft found a way to detect hacked firmware directly, or if they are using an indirect method.

As I stated last time this happened (The "First Wave"), bannings of people using MS28 drives pretty much precludes direct detection, since Firmguard prevents accessing the firmware on a normal Xbox 360 - it's essentially a black box. It was subsequently determined that Microsoft was accessing the game discs in such a way that revealed, indirectly, that the firmware was hacked, and the game disc was not original.

Primarily, "Round 1" exploited non-stealthed discs, and a quirk in the Hitachi firmware that gave up the special sectors in one big "fetch" that should have not worked (a bug that exploited both the quirk in the firmware and the unique sector layout of the backups). Since then, we've gotten the iXtreme firmwares, which protect against much of this.

The missing piece, however, is that backups cannot be perfectly validated without a database of some sort to insure they are "perfect" data copies of the originals, at least as far as anyone accessing it through a hacked drive can tell... as I stated in a previous post, no firmware can validate this, because it would require a large database that gets updated with new releases, and there's no practical way of doing this in firmware (and firmware cannot access the internet, so an online database is not possible).

Lately, the release groups seem to be incredibly inept. If they can't do the job right, they should stop doing it altogether, because it seems like every other release is NOT a data perfect copy of the original. It might be that Microsoft planted these bad releases themselves or it might just be that the moron making the backup is incapable of drooling without his mother's help. Whatever the case, if you need to backup your games, use your Xbox 360's drive to do it, or get a Kreon (with a couple more models added, there's no reason not to have one). Microsoft knows what the correct data CRCs are, they can easily use signed code downloaded to your system to check it against the disc you are running, and only your diligence and care can prevent Microsoft from detecting you.

getRAWed

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

The CoD4 my friend downloaded from the scene passed all checks in Schtrom.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(getRAWed @ Nov 23 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

The CoD4 my friend downloaded from the scene passed all checks in Schtrom.

Please pay attention... a bad scene release can pass all generic "checks", but unless it matches the original data-wise, Microsoft can detect it.

This means you can't have "missing" sectors, or any altered data. Some of the scene releases were not data perfect, and until somebody posts the data CRCs to a database from a fresh retail copy, you have nothing to compare it to.

In other words, don't count on new releases being good, if there isn't secondary verification that the image is perfect.

The only real strategy, however, is to rely on only yourself to backup your images, and not grab them from elsewhere out of convenience (I'm assuming you all have the originals, of course).

The whole reason Microsoft stepped up efforts in this area was because of the idiot cheaters who hacked unsigned data files on several games to beat people online. Part of Microsoft's answer is to verify the contents of the disc are authentic, so it would be no surprise that this is the check they are now employing.

boulie

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(knodi @ Nov 23 2007, 09:03 PM) *

I forgot to say, that my bro is playing with the same configuration as i do, i mean same firmware and same cod4 release and he's still not banned. Cheers.

bclark22

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »

DVD Drive: Samsung MS25
Firmware: iXtreme 1.2c
Previous firmware: none just original
Date of flash: End of July/early August, been going on live ever since
Last 3 games played: Halo 3 (scene), Guitar Hero 3 (scene) and Assassin's Creed (scene)

I have COD4 (scene) but I haven't played it ever since I heard of the bannings.

In addition I have been playing scene throughout the bannings on 11/20, 11/21, and 11/22

(c)S

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Nov 23 2007, 03:32 PM) View Post

This means you can't have "missing" sectors, or any altered data. Some of the scene releases were not data perfect, and until somebody posts the data CRCs to a database from a fresh retail copy, you have nothing to compare it to.

The whole reason Microsoft stepped up efforts in this area was because of the idiot cheaters who hacked unsigned data files on several games to beat people online. Part of Microsoft's answer is to verify the contents of the disc are authentic, so it would be no surprise that this is the check they are now employing.

I agree 100% with what Ben posted in his last 2 posts. Those should be stickied so that other people who keep claiming that maybe its the FW they are detecting and other crazy notions, can actually coem to the realization that it isn't the FW but a few who dloaded bad releases and a few others who made their own backups and have messed up along the process. Not every1 who was banned played COD4 ,hense putting them in the category of self made errors in the backup process.

though im not banned, i will still help with any info i get or hear. Keep up the great job X-S staff

There is no "pattern" to these bans as the choose from their flagged consoles ,which sections to ban from LIVE and which others will be spared for future bans. Like ben said, just because it passes the checks with mulleter (which mind there is no COD4 data to compare crc against ,so you are going in half secured,only the pfi,dmi,and ss is ok, but not the actually game data). not alot of people like to check it as it takes such a long time to do on SCHTROM and  a few more steps and clicks on mulleter.

So the point is, If you guys are going to take the risk of downloading, take the extra time out to check it out, or pay for it later on. Don"t cry about it now, as the risk was taken by you and on top of that was lazy and impatient in terms of verifying its validity and having the peace of mind for a bit.
You fell asleep sleeping.gif on the job...lol

though im not banned (yet), i will still keep helping with any info i get or hear about the current situation.
Keep up the great job X-S staff!

Chancer

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

Seems to me the people getting banned are the ones not playing legit backups of their own stuff.
This thread is living proof that people are not backing up their own stuff but playing dodgy releases then whining cause they got banned. Tough shit.
Sympathy with people, who are genuinely protecting their investment, I have. People who are just blatantly downloading games they never intend to buy or own legitimately  got what they deserved and will carry on doing so.
No blame to attach to MS. what do you want them to do?
All I see here, with names of which releases are a problem, being thrown about, is pirates helping pirates.

booker21

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »

my question is what program i should use to be 100% sure i did a good stealth backup ?

right now i´m using
Xdvdmulleter 10 beta and Schtrom360Xtract_V3.3 but i don´t know
how or were i can check the Data content from my original or where i can find a data base.

grillo2k3

• Archived User
Official Xbl Ban Thread
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »

They cant check the game data (crc) it would take to long for them to check plus the log is the same they are checking the same things PFI SS DMI the only thing thats f'ing things up is that the DMI PFI & SS are mixed and dont match the retail copy also I would like to know if you use the stealth files from one and use them in a other game would it still boot i.e. cod4 stealth in a AC game?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8