xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modified Dvd-rom Firmware – Xbl Bans  (Read 119 times)

zookolo

• Archived User
Modified Dvd-rom Firmware – Xbl Bans
« on: November 21, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »

This post is pure speculation and would be grateful if someone can put me straight.

I’m guessing if you are connected to Live the 360 will report media information in real time.  If this is not the case where does it store media information?  Baring in mind not everyone has a hard drive?

Is the connection to live encrypted?  If not would it be wise to get a capture for analysis before a potential ban takes place.

Look forward to some feedback!!

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »

it could be stored on a flash chip on the motherboard (just like the dashboard). and as far as i know,the live connection is encrypted.

omf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »

well i do know this, they are even banning people who dont have an xbox live gold membership.  so it seems to me that they want to try and stop the whole online thing for people who have a modified machine.

i think this is a bit silly on their part, due to the fact that they will be not getting cash for arcade games any more from people who are banned and dont have another machine just for live.

mr_ragh

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »

i will say it if you are playing a unworded space rpg game that came out early that might be a reason why..but who knows...

SomeDudeWhack

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »

xtreme 5.3 not banned.. only game i every played on live was cod4

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 03:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(omf @ Nov 21 2007, 11:12 PM) *

i think this is a bit silly on their part, due to the fact that they will be not getting cash for arcade games any more from people who are banned and dont have another machine just for live.

Oh and I am sure they are bothered about that.
Most people will buy a new console.
what do you expect them to do sit back and say come and play your illegal games on live and we won't touch you just in case we lose $10 on the sale of an arcade game.