xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WCC and SKWC Filed a Class Lawsuit over Scratched Discs  (Read 103 times)

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
WCC and SKWC Filed a Class Lawsuit over Scratched Discs
« on: August 05, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »

I've got one game that was scratched, I filled out that form.  Why not?  If I could get reimbursement for the repair kits I've bought that would be freakin awesome.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »

I seriously hope they have technical evidence to prove the scratching of discs. Simple statements from end users will not be enough proof.

andi_06

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »

How bout taking them to court over something worth while, hmm let me see like how they kept producing a faulty product line for almost two years.... Just cause they've thrown 1bill at the prob doesnt make it change what happened.

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »

I'm on my 3rd 360 now. It's an elite.

I've never had a single disc scratched, whether it be a 360 game disc, cd, dvd, etc.

IMO, these complaints are retarded.

deernet

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »

I've got an Elite that's scratched one game, Prey, making it unplayable.

jdsun1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Aug 5 2007, 11:14 AM) View Post

I've never had a single disc scratched, whether it be a 360 game disc, cd, dvd, etc.

I agree these complaints are just ridiculous. It will only scratch the discs if it is the users fault. People just dont take care of their discs and they get scratched. if you never ever move the 360 then you willbe fine. Read twisted symphony's take on this and you will realize that these people are just money hungry assholes.

deernet

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(jdsun1 @ Aug 5 2007, 05:14 PM) View Post

I agree these complaints are just ridiculous. It will only scratch the discs if it is the users fault. People just dont take care of their discs and they get scratched. if you never ever move the 360 then you willbe fine. Read twisted symphony's take on this and you will realize that these people are just money hungry assholes.

Not true. My console has never been moved, and on the Prey disc there is a circular scratch around the whole thing. I've heard of others who have not moved their console and had the same problem.

mrbelvedere

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(deernet @ Aug 5 2007, 09:25 AM) View Post

Not true. My console has never been moved, and on the Prey disc there is a circular scratch around the whole thing. I've heard of others who have not moved their console and had the same problem.

Seconded. I've had my console scratch 2 games and it was never touched. My 360 is up high on a very sturdy structure, so there's no possibility of someone bumping the wall and causing it to scratch, etc.

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »

My drive scratches my discs in vertical position.  I have never moved it and there are a bunch of small scratches on my GoW disc.  I will attest to the 360 scratching discs.

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »

Thats not really true that you have to move the 360 for it to scratch disks. If you leave disks in the system and then power it up the the motor assembly actually performs an alignment where it raises up to the disk, it's during this process that the disks can get scratched. Ben Heck actually has a DVD drive open and manually pulls the tray in and out to show the motor assembly lowering and raising and what can cause it to mutilate your disks.

This is why when you get a new 360 you should throw in a CD-R and let it spin to make sure it doesn't scratch disks, and also NEVER leave your disks in the system. Take them out before shutting the 360 down and do not have disks in the system when powering the 360 up.

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Aug 5 2007, 10:14 AM) View Post

I must admit, your statement is retarded.  You've had good luck, I have not.  I know a few people who've had scratches to their discs.  I never move my console, and I'm not some 14 year old who throws their discs around.  When my console starts up and sounds like a grinder, something's wrong.  I filled out this form as well.  I can't play GOW anymore because my xbox scratched it.  MS is fixing my console, but they want me to pay $20 to buy another disc?  F that, what a joke.  They need to do this right and replace these discs for free.

Monkey106

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »

I was playing a pre-owned copy of SC-Double Agent yesterday and the 360 started making some crazy ass grinder type sounds, and I was all like "HOLY SHIT!", so I ejected the disk and it turned out that EB had put two yellow stickers on top of the disk and one corner of a sticker was coming off, and basically doing the same thing a card on your bike spokes does.

So on the plus side I had a motorbike 360 but on the negative side I almost killed my xbox and the game DVD.

Apart from that I've never had any bad experiences with my 360 and game discs, all of my discs are completely unscratched and I even fairly frequently leave them in the disc tray when the system's off.

angryyoungnpoor

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »

I will admit  I moved my system from one place to another, and another time my gf bumped into it lightly... didn't knock it over, just bumped it. Both times gave me an unplayable disc. Moving a console should not scratch the discs.. How long have discman's been out? 15 years? 15 and they have disc protection?

There was no warning sticker on my xbox saying not to move the damn thing. Otherwise I would have known.

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(angryyoungnpoor @ Aug 5 2007, 07:55 PM) View Post
There was no warning sticker on my xbox saying not to move the damn thing. Otherwise I would have known.

There is now.........

IPB Image

They shouldn't have to tell you though, this should be common sense, the 360 is not a portable device.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »

Mine scratched Full Auto without any intervention from me.  I used to keep the console vertical and it scratched that game and did a little damage to PDZ so now I keep mine horizontal all the time, I have had minimal problems with both of the 2 I've had so far scratching them horizontally.
Pages: [1] 2