xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Exclusive: 360 HDMI Proof - HR Pictures and Video - HANA Scaler  (Read 1114 times)

youloseagain

• Archived User
Exclusive: 360 HDMI Proof - HR Pictures and Video - HANA Scaler
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2007, 01:42:00 AM »

scares me more than anything else whats to stop them next year when a new standard comes out to dropping what they've got then and moving on, they wont care as they've previously done it and gotten away with it
Like the way the original xbox got pushed off to the side I agree.

HDMI can lick my taint. I have 1080p via VGA and it rules. My TV has 2 HDMI ports and I'm proud to say that I'm not using either of them. DRM/HDCP can rot in hell. HDCP would die a horrible death if nobody used it. DRM free, bitches.
Agree.

VGA is washed out and component is outdated and craptastic. Both were OK on CRT panels, but with LCD / Plasma there's really no beating HDMI / DVI.
Did you even calibrate your HDTV? People IF you're gonna buy an HDTV you have to calibrate correctly.

My point is if there is not a High Def format winner then Sony loses. The only reason M$ is supporting HD-DVD is because Sony is supporting Blu-Ray. Once everyone adopts downloading their High Def content it will be to late for Sony.

Think it through.
Bill Gates even said this in an interview that hdvd and bluray would be the last two disc formats for movies after that he envisions delivery of movies over the internet.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051017-5445.html

"For us it's not the physical format. Understand that this is the last physical format there will ever be. Everything's going to be streamed directly or on a hard disk. So, in this way, it's even unclear how much this one counts."

comradpoplin

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2007, 01:42:00 AM »

well im eating humble pie and looking on in ore of what microsoft is doing i was wrong and i put my hands up  dry.gif

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2007, 01:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(SouthPaw_42 @ Jan 6 2007, 03:46 AM) View Post

This is from an MS employee when the last HDMI pic was leaked.

"Andre Vrignaud of MS Blogs about XBOX360 HDMI"

Also remember the HD-DVD won't be built in the drive is too slow to play games on. The HD-DVD drives won't be fast enough till fall 07 and then will be very limited quanity.

still though if the drive is built in with it I will feel like a fool for throwing down $200 for an HD-DVD drive...

poncinator

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2007, 01:57:00 AM »

Screw HDMI I Jus want the 120gb HDD if there is one. tongue.gif

But what makes me wonder is how sites like xbox-scene can get a hold of dev kits???

Im pretty sure u have to pay for them but where do u get em?

v8azlin

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2007, 01:59:00 AM »

OH NOEZ I'M STUCK WITH THIS SHITTY VERSION 1.3 XBOX WHEN THERES A NEW 1.4!!!111one.

Are you going to complain when a new BMW comes out, and demand an exchange?

sandmanza

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »

Of course people are assuming this is going to be the same price and be released soon.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2007, 02:23:00 AM »

People tend to forget that this also gives MS a chance to start over with the dvd-rom...

MS will very likely do their very best to plug the fw hole on any new dvd drive coming out with that revision ,making the people buying those x360´s SOL unless a generic exploit is found to run backups/homebrew.

There is always two sides to the coin, do not forget that!

kencix

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »

This is bullshit. Maybe in a year, the new xbox360 will have a HDMI Output for better digital picture and digital audio. They knew from the start, that HDMI is future.  

mksoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2007, 02:34:00 AM »

Oh yeah, that lovely DVD-drive of this new version going to rock so much! It will not be flashable.. hmmm? I think M$ will prevent that very nicely, since they abondon the current design, they actually won't care about a blocking system update anymore.

And what does that exactly mean? That our lovely Xbox won't be hackable real easy (propably would require real nasty soldering jobs). That 10 million owners are screwed in their ass? I think the next ten million that buy the new system are screwed more without a nice possiblity to play their back-ups.

So kick their ass and flash your drive!

kencix

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2007, 02:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(ydgmms @ Jan 6 2007, 10:35 AM) View Post

Just like to say a few things to some people:

3) To those saying "If you can afford a 4000 tv, you can afford a 360 2.0";   ... if I just shelled out 4k or a TV...do you think I could afford another 400+? People (should) plan and save before making a big purchase like that. Just because they save up enough, plan for it... doesn't mean they can easily shell out another 400 bucks. Think about it... they just shelled out 4k and have to pay that somehow.
Do I want it? Yes. Will I use it? Well my TV has a hdmi, but its 1.1 and my tv is 1080i.  But I would like the HDMI, maybe not for video but for the TrueHD (DD and DTS) audio.

Yep you're right.
I can spend 300 for a new xbox360 2.0, but I don't want. Tjis is Microsoft's fault. They knew from the start, that HDMI will be the future for digital audio and video.

ZakMcRofl

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2007, 02:35:00 AM »

I think about it this way: The 360 needs to adapt to be successfull against the PS3. This means lower prices, better signal output and probably a bigger HDD.
Does that mean everyone who bought it at a higher price at an earlier time got screwed over my M$? No, it doesn't. Consoles get cheaper all the time, they also get improved all the time (PS2, Gba, PSP).
If you didn't think a 360 without HDMI was worth your money then why did you buy it in the first place?

We should all be happy about this because it might lead to increased 360 sales which we all profit from: more consoles sold => more games made for the platform.

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2007, 02:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(prplehz @ Jan 6 2007, 07:29 AM) View Post

Well in all fairness M$ should have to take our old units back in exchange for the new one for free. That is BS otherwise.

No that is BS. Do you demand a new iPod each time a new one is released? Did you buy a non HD LCD TV and then demand a HD one when they were released?  huh.gif

If you're that bothered by it, sell your 360 before (but only if)  they release this one so you don't lose too much $$$$. Then use the money to buy a V2.

Anyway, most shops will offer the option to trade in a V1 for a V2 360 when you give them like £120 or something. That's not a bad price if you get THAT bent out of shape about this.

Personally I don't need HDMI, my 360 doesn't overheat (so I don't need 65nm chips) and I couldn't give a flying  monkeys if they internalise the HD DVD drive.  smile.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2007, 03:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alkane @ Jan 6 2007, 03:01 AM) View Post

Most consumers are too stupid to know what any of this means.  They just know one system has something the other does not.

Very true.

anarchron

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »

Hmm I wonder how would the HDDVD drive owners feel once Hollywood slaps on HDCP on every HDDVD movie available? I guess without HDMI they would be certainly tha major losers.

Now, how is that fair to the early adopters? I don't expect Microsoft to give me free hardware upgrades everytime they improve the Xbox 360, but selling a crippled product certainly makes me feel gibbed.

Ravo5002

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2007, 03:21:00 AM »

everybody who is whining: im totally with you, (no sarcasm)

why? Because i buy consoles for the following reason:

they stay the same, you have the best thing, till they bring a new one... ( ala ps2 was the best ps till the ps3 came...)
that usually stays like that for like 5 years, or whatever ammount of time there is between console rlses.

but now ms decides to put out a better console then the one i have... that sucks smile.gif I dont have the best one anymore. I will still buy the new one, but it doest make me happy biggrin.gif I got that feeling that my 360 is already outdated 6 months after i bought it...

Anywayz smile.gif

-Rav pop.gif
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13