xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Exclusive: 360 HDMI Proof - HR Pictures and Video - HANA Scaler  (Read 1111 times)

C_Ripper

• Archived User
Exclusive: 360 HDMI Proof - HR Pictures and Video - HANA Scaler
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2007, 01:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 6 2007, 08:03 AM) View Post

1080P is nice..... but again, how many of the people who are complaining would really make use of the HDMI port anyways?  We would simply have complaints that they had to go out and buy an HDMI cable.  People will never be happy unless we live in a Communist state where everyone get's the same console, that is guaranteed by the govt not to change for 10 years so we can play PacMan on them.
smile.gif

I agree. People are bitching just because they have the right to. I love my OG 360 to the end.

Cr4z33

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2007, 01:03:00 AM »

I would like to know from the MS "little bird" if they have taken measures to avoid the DVD drive flashing in the new console and MOST OF ALL if there are plans to include an HD DVD instead of the standard one? huh.gif

schizzlefuzz

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »

Note the moved DVD power connector.  I wonder what else on the motherboard has been changed.  A full motherboard shot would be nice.

Bravoman00

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 6 2007, 08:52 AM) View Post

As Itunes proved there will always be a market for downloaded content.  Especially for people whose DVR crapped out and they missed their recording of House or Debbie Does Dallas.  For a couple bucks I can get on the 360, and download it and watch it.  We are in a time now, where everyone wants everything right now, not in 3 days when the NetFlix DVD get's here.

As for MS not wanting to be a winner, you bet your ass they want to be a winner.  If they win, it means Sony is done!

My point is if there is not a High Def format winner then Sony loses. The only reason M$ is supporting HD-DVD is because Sony is supporting Blu-Ray. Once everyone adopts downloading their High Def content it will be to late for Sony.

Think it through.

Aislin

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2007, 01:08:00 AM »

I'm not mad at all. If you're mad you're probably also an idiot. Let's go over the differences:
Graphics: None
Resolutions: None
Gameplay: None

If you already have a 360, you're clearly already using it so there's nothing to complain about. Also do you know how much an HDMI switcher costs? It's unreasonable.

Anyone who's pissed should get over it, there's nothing wrong here. That's like an ipod owner getting pissed that a new ipod came out. Still plays music guys. Get a life.

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »

Well after reading all the post I'm surprised to see that no one said anything about the new processor the 360 is supposed to have later this year i wonder if that unit had one in it.

What is so ironic is i just bought an VGA cable less than 12 hours ago!!! And the fucking package cut my thumb!!!

I really don't know if i want to use the fiber-optic out on my TV for audio, it looks like i couldn't get my analog cable in for fiber-optic (the PS3 has fiber-optic on the back of the console)

I only have 2 HDMI ports on my TV (HDMI-1 TiVO) (HDMI-2 PS3) (VGA/RGB/PC- Xbox 360) (Component-1 Wii).

Still i believe that they should have some upgrade program for the people that want it like send your console in with $100 and there you go, Game Stop usually dose something like that when a new version of a console comes out {Nintendo DS trade up to DS lite)but for a price.

Personally I would have liked it if he unplugged the HDMI cable from the console to show the screen go blank...

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »

VGA is washed out and component is outdated and craptastic. Both were OK on CRT panels, but with LCD / Plasma there's really no beating HDMI / DVI.

I belong in the majority of 1080P television owners, who have a tv that accepts 1080p only through HDMI, so it's a welcome update. If they manage to bring out a quieter x360 with digital outputs, why wouldn't I upgrade?

While they're at it, I hope they'll have had a feedback from developers and fix the few design flaws and bottlenecks the system most likely has (don't say there aren't any). Plus fix that V-SYNC problem that seems to be a constant problem for the developers.

---=Snyper=---

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »

Dec 16 2005 @ 2:45 PM
    Although the concept of what HANA is trying to do is admirable there are still lingering unanswered questions such as how many devices will be allowed by studios/networks to share this HD content, will it be limited to five as is the case with current MCE2005 and HD extenders(XBOX360"s).

In terms of the on screen control via a standardized iface protocol I have not been impressed with the current implemtation of it by existing manufacturers.

Some people like to use the onscreen navigation and some people find it cumbersome. Our clients all prefer separate remotes with dicreet controls of inputs,etc.

another link
http://www.engadget....home-networkin/

lostinconformiti

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2007, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(the lobo @ Jan 5 2007, 10:43 PM) View Post

i bet someone is in some deep shit for leaking this. or maybe a viral campaign. still cool!!! smile.gif

Just thought id point out that there is a large possibility (oh say 90%) that some one did not get in trouble for this. its an ad technique, used by the gaming industry and politicians mostly. leak information to an outside source as an anonymous source to gauge public reaction then decided wheither to release it or deny the claim. im hoping for it to be true to be 100% honest. i would make good use of that 1080P tv i bought since the component cables look horrible on it(i have to run it at 720p to get it to look good with those cables) but im excited and hey if all else fails, ill just mod myself one, but im all for dumping money on a second 360 since i have money laying around after the return of the pos PS3 i bought.

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 6 2007, 02:35 AM) View Post

I believe what they said was their currently wasn't enough demand........... It would never of made sense to include HDMI from the get go.  An additional cost to them, driving up the price of the console, so that 5% of purchasers would actually use it?  Would you be willing to pay an extra $100 for it?

Even if it did come with HDMI, would you then be in here complaining it didn't come with an HDMI cable?

If Microsoft is so bad....... go buy a PS3 smile.gif  Do it.... I triple dog dare ya smile.gif   Meanwhile, the rest of us will be here playing the game titles that are one development cycle ahead of PS3 smile.gif

I also believe along the lines of an interview with (i really think it was Peter More) this is from the top of my memory so don't quote me!!!

Interviewer: so are we gonna see a version of the Xbox 360 with an HDMI port?
More:well if your bought the original and wanted an HDMI but had to buy a new system how would you feel?
Interviewer: i would be kinda pissed!!!
then i think he went on about something els to change the subject i really cant remember!!!

C_Ripper

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2007, 01:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Jan 6 2007, 08:28 AM) View Post

VGA is washed out and component is outdated and craptastic.

VGA is great. Adjust your television accordingly. Component is not outdated by any means. Broadcast HDTV hasn't even settled on a standard yet, and it's an even split between 720p and 1080i. Component won't be outdated for several years.

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2007, 01:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Aislin @ Jan 6 2007, 03:15 AM) View Post

Also do you know how much an HDMI switcher costs? It's unreasonable.

http://www.hdtvsuppl.../2x1mahdsw.html  $49.95 not too bad.
here is a hole list
http://www.hdtvsuppl...dvcosandco.html yeah some get high but the first one i showed ya is real cheep.

kesava108

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2007, 01:34:00 AM »

don't worry theres an ocean of noobs who buy your old 360 for 70 to 80% of what it cost you, (maybe more), then u can upgrade.

1.How much of a difference willit make to games? (on a DVI-D monitor)

2.How much of a difference willit make to hd movie playback (on a DVI-D monitor)

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2007, 01:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(C_Ripper @ Jan 6 2007, 03:37 AM) View Post

VGA is great. Adjust your television accordingly. Component is not outdated by any means. Broadcast HDTV hasn't even settled on a standard yet, and it's an even split between 720p and 1080i. Component won't be outdated for several years.

I agree with you its look beautiful on my Sony BRAVIA with VGA

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »

to anyone who considers themselves unlucky to have purchased a "1st gen" 360 console because they will miss out on this "2nd gen" machine.

first of all, let's be clear that you are a lucky s.o.b. to own a 360 console in the first place!

however, i have to pose this question since it is a gamer's site we are participating on here. what would you complainer's have been playing on your fully 1080p hdtv's if you had not already purchased an xbox 360 in the last 0-15 months? well, if you are like most of the people who have not yet purchased a 360, it would be your last gen ps2 or xbox1 and it would be in 480p widescreen at best since 720p games disappeared from xbox1 some time ago. even if you say you would have waited for a ps3, you would simply have fewer good games to choose from and still would have been playing crap games on your 1080 display.

however, a better question is... if you did not buy a 360 in the previous 0-15 months, what the hell would you be playing for the next 10 months(or longer) until a "2nd gen" 360 is actually released to the market? sure they have developed something and we see some leaked pics, but they are also producing these "1st gen" consoles at a pretty good rate so they definitely have plenty to sell before they can even consider actually announcing a new version.

now try to tell me you would prefer to be the "lucky" sap who is still playing black on his ps2 or xbox1, and is now planning to wait until november 2007, or later, for a "2nd gen" 360 console that will not cost any less because of the new tech!

on top of that, anyone who claims to prefer to be the "lucky" sap would have already missed out playing at least 4 top notch xbox live games with 1000's of other gamers online. plus, there are always several more games on the way so not missing out on those gaming experiences was worth my early price of admission.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13