xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Exclusive: 360 HDMI Proof - HR Pictures and Video - HANA Scaler  (Read 1107 times)

Dravor

• Archived User
Exclusive: 360 HDMI Proof - HR Pictures and Video - HANA Scaler
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Jan 6 2007, 08:07 AM) View Post

Oh yeah, forgot about that.  If I got a standalone player I probably wouldn't buy a new 360 until Halo 3.

I'm an early HD-Dvd adopter with the Toshiba HD-A1.  It's nice..... can't really beat it, and I don't have to worry about my 360 getting too hot.  I keep my 360 out in the open so looks wise with an HD-DVD pplayer attached as well, not sure I'd like it visually.  

This way I've got the 360 and PC hooked up to the 32" Westinghouse LCD, and the HD-A1 and Cable boxes to the 42" Philips Plasma.  

Would I go out now and buy another HD-DVD player?  Nah, I'd prolly wait for the dual format player coming out by the mid to end of this year.  Friggin HD-DVD prices are still too expensive, thank god for HD-DVD's from NetFlix!

dark0

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

If I'll hear another xbox user call themselves an adopter, I swear I'll let the chinese food place adopt my cat   blink.gif .

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 6 2007, 12:13 AM) View Post

I'm an early HD-Dvd adopter with the Toshiba HD-A1.  It's nice..... can't really beat it, and I don't have to worry about my 360 getting too hot.  I keep my 360 out in the open so looks wise with an HD-DVD pplayer attached as well, not sure I'd like it visually.  

This way I've got the 360 and PC hooked up to the 32" Westinghouse LCD, and the HD-A1 and Cable boxes to the 42" Philips Plasma.  

Would I go out now and buy another HD-DVD player?  Nah, I'd prolly wait for the dual format player coming out by the mid to end of this year.  Friggin HD-DVD prices are still too expensive, thank god for HD-DVD's from NetFlix!

The trouble is, this new dual format player will probably be more expensive than a blu-ray player, making it way out of my price range (I'm not spending the same amount for a player as I am for my upcoming revised sound system)

Serious Sam

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(wadsy @ Jan 6 2007, 01:58 AM) View Post

well its Guaranteed that the new next gen microsoft (X720 or whatever it might be called) console will fail, whos gonna risk it when they have major design changes a year or so into production. who will pickup a first gen games console when there unsure if it will be the same tech 12 months later, Australian release was only 9 months ago, hell i would have left it if i had known.

I think its time i sold the 360 stopped my live subscription and moved onto a PS3.

I've had a neck full of this crap like microtransactions which is just another word for linning microsoft pockets with your money for content thats already on the disc you just paid a $100 (AUD) for, or for charging for cheats that were prevously free and are still free on other consoles sharing the same title.

in other words why should i stay here so i can be conned again in another 6 months

Did you sell your PS2 when they abandoned the HDD? Did you sell it when they came out with the slim version with built in ethernet port?
I don't see people boycotting Nintendo for releasing a thiner, smaller, and more brighter LCD Gameboy DS..

It's part of purchasing a console and every console developer has done it inculding Sony the company that you've been lining the pockets of for years now also  huh.gif

k3n85

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

for me the hold back was that im out of component spots smile.gif and guess i could have gotten the VGA adapter, but now ... hdmi baby.

for people still complaining and wanting to 'exchange' ... do you think any electronic company would do that? We've mentioned this before but like the ps2, iPod, HDTV's .... technology gets betting in the future (deal with it)

I wanna see M$'s response to this one wink.gif

yakbabbler

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »

Ummm, can you ask the guy to show a video of the 120GB HDD if it has that on it please biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif , also just wanted to point out it DOES NOT have an HD-DVD drive on it. If you freeze the video at 01:07 there is no HD-DVD symbol on the drive.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2007, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 6 2007, 12:28 AM) View Post

Wah I paid $440 for my Toshiba HD-A1, and 6 months later the HD-A2 came out.  Now I want that, wah wah wah.

If some of you were as ambitious in the rest of your lives as you are on here about your Xbox 360/bashing MS, maybe you'd be less angry.   Hey, maybe you'd be in a situation where you could afford to sell your existing 360, and throw in an extra $200 to buy a new one smile.gif

Deal with it.... technology evolves daily, your not living in the 80's anymore where you wait 4 years for a new console to come out with no changes.  Oh no, Nintendo is including Duck Hunt, and Super Mario brothers with the console?  Those baastards.... and they get the gun free too?  WAHHHHHHHHHHH smile.gif

Good ol' Duck Hunt laugh.gif

Dravor

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(yakbabbler @ Jan 6 2007, 08:26 AM) View Post

Ummm, can you ask the guy to show a video of the 120GB HDD if it has that on it please biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif , also just wanted to point out it DOES NOT have an HD-DVD drive on it. If you freeze the video at 01:07 there is no HD-DVD symbol on the drive.

Does HD-DVD use the same or a different laser as normal DVD players?  I thought in one of the threads I real that the 360 laser is different than most.  I can't imagine MS getting Toshiba to make a totally custom HD-DVD/360 drive just for them.  Normal DVD drives is one thing, HD-DVD drives... too much of a premium cost there.....

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Jan 6 2007, 08:30 AM) View Post

Good ol' Duck Hunt laugh.gif

For the early adopter whiners....

We need a clip of the dog from Duck Hunt when you manage to miss everything....

WAH

WAH

WAH

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

smile.gif

Dexter Harvey

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »

This is total bullshit microsoft.
I want a free exchange to this upgrade model.
lying bastards no hdmi lying bastards.

wadsy

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2007, 12:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Serious Sam @ Jan 6 2007, 08:21 AM) View Post

Did you sell your PS2 when they abandoned the HDD? Did you sell it when they came out with the slim version with built in ethernet port?
I don't see people boycotting Nintendo for releasing a thiner, smaller, and more brighter LCD Gameboy DS..

It's part of purchasing a console and every console developer has done it inculding Sony the company that you've been lining the pockets of for years now also  huh.gif

well its still in its warranty period hell it was only launched here 9 months ago.

when was the ps2 hdd launched what 5-6 years into the consoles run, not from launch and how long did it last, for what for 1 or 2 games. I rarley ever pick up first gen nintendo stuff as they have always upgrade the faults with there old stuff and release it with a new name i expected better out of microsoft or atleast to make it to a 3-4 years without major revisions to components

Dravor

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dexter Harvey @ Jan 6 2007, 08:31 AM) View Post

This is total bullshit microsoft.
I want a free exchange to this upgrade model.
lying bastards no hdmi lying bastards.

I believe what they said was their currently wasn't enough demand........... It would never of made sense to include HDMI from the get go.  An additional cost to them, driving up the price of the console, so that 5% of purchasers would actually use it?  Would you be willing to pay an extra $100 for it?

Even if it did come with HDMI, would you then be in here complaining it didn't come with an HDMI cable?

If Microsoft is so bad....... go buy a PS3 smile.gif  Do it.... I triple dog dare ya smile.gif   Meanwhile, the rest of us will be here playing the game titles that are one development cycle ahead of PS3 smile.gif

yakbabbler

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 6 2007, 02:31 AM) View Post

Does HD-DVD use the same or a different laser as normal DVD players?  I thought in one of the threads I real that the 360 laser is different than most.  I can't imagine MS getting Toshiba to make a totally custom HD-DVD/360 drive just for them.  Normal DVD drives is one thing, HD-DVD drives... too much of a premium cost there.....
For the early adopter whiners....

We need a clip of the dog from Duck Hunt when you manage to miss everything....

WAH

WAH

WAH
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
smile.gif

the laser is a blue thin diode rather than a red one, in reality it would only cost MS about 50$ to swap out a small laser and optical reader, also Duck Hunt 2 for Wii

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(wadsy @ Jan 6 2007, 07:58 AM) View Post

well its Guaranteed that the new next gen microsoft (X720 or whatever it might be called) console will fail, whos gonna risk it when they have major design changes a year or so into production. who will pickup a first gen games console when there unsure if it will be the same tech 12 months later, Australian release was only 9 months ago, hell i would have left it if i had known.
I'm a happy owner of a Australian launch 360 and I don't feel robbed. How long do you think it'll be before Sony make a design change to that 5kg dust collecting PS3 paper weight? Probably a year from Australian launch, which will be about September 2008.

Plus this probably isn't coming out till June 2007, that's almost 2 years since launch for the US and 16 months since launch for Australians. It will cost far less to upgrade to a new 360 model than a PS3 considering Sony has said the launch price is going to be AUD$1000 (US$779) for the 60GB model.

wadsy

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(dvsone @ Jan 6 2007, 08:36 AM) View Post

I'm a happy owner of a Australian launch 360 and I don't feel robbed. How long do you think it'll be before Sony make a design change to that 5kg dust collecting PS3 paper weight? Probably a year from Australian launch, which will about September 2008.

well it depends on how much of a design change is made. changing the case, colour or even adding a IR port big wow. if they decided to change all the output methods i would be pissed just like i am now !!

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dravor @ Jan 6 2007, 12:38 AM) View Post

Keep in mind during that time period there was not such a fast update of technology relating to TV's.  It's always moved fast, but as you can see by what's being sold, and the dropping prices, technology is moving faster than ever.  Therefore refresh cycles will speed up.

Sadly, this type of business by the console manufacturers is going to push me farther and farther away from the console market.  Constantly upgrading is the realm of PC's and other electronics, not consoles, but I suppose that's all changing now...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13