xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Exclusive: 360 HDMI Proof - HR Pictures and Video - HANA Scaler  (Read 1108 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Exclusive: 360 HDMI Proof - HR Pictures and Video - HANA Scaler
« on: January 06, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | January 6 02:07 EST

Here's a bit more about the news published earlier about the Xbox 360 'Zephyr' prototype with HDMI port. It's the 2nd time a HMDI picture leaked (1st time here if you missed it) and it looks like there are still many people that don't (want to) believe it ... so I guess it's time we come clear because Microsoft doesn't and we think you as customer has the right to know what's coming.
Microsoft still refuses to acknowledge it ... this is what they replied today to several news outlets:
"We have seen all types of claimed leaked photos like this show up online and as a standard policy we don't comment on speculative items."

We managed to get some exclusive High-Resolution pictures for x-scene of a 'Zephyr' prototype with the HDMI port. No, it's no retail Xbox360, it's a prototype board ... but Microsoft had to design a new scaler chip named 'HANA' (replacing the (analog-only?) 'ANA' chip found in current retail and dev Xboxes), I doubt they'll do that effort for nothing. You will also notice several other changes to the motherboard.
Microsoft always refused to answer any question about a possible HDMI-cable for the Xbox360 (even when asked for explicitly), but this HANA chip probably confirms the current 360 can only output an analog signal, so an HDMI-cable for the current 360 probably won't be possible (sure they could design a cable/box that reconverts the analog output to digital, but that makes no sense and is not the point).

Note: we can't tell/confirm you if the HDMI port, 65nm CPU and larger (120gb) HD are linked to each other. They might or might not be released together. The 65nm CPU is coming for all Xbox models anyway (confirmed by MS and Chartered long time ago + delay news). And it's also pretty obvious (with current demand and video marketplace) that MS will release a larger HD sooner or later, this requires no change to the motherboard.

Here are the pictures we got from our sources (click for high-res):
Xbox 360 HDMI
Shot of the connectors: the classic output and the new HDMI output.
Xbox 360 HDMI
View of the inside, on the right you'll notice the new HANA scaler chip.
Xbox 360 HDMI Xbox 360 HDMI
On the left the 'old' ANA scaler, on the right the new HANA scaler ('H' for HDMI?)

More Pictures:
* Close-up output without case: low-res | high-res
* HANA/Output Motherboard-region (2): low-res | high-res

Still not enough for you? How about a video?
A HDMI->DVI converter was used to show you the port in action using a small PC LCD screen.
And before you ask ... a dev kit always takes a while to boot, that's why it takes longer than with a retail 360.

1337 pig

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »

NOICE MAN! It's real all u unbelivers!

NoRemorse mod edit:
MoB Cha0s DF (aka 1337 pig on XS)  thanks for the pic of your shoe on LIVE, Im sure this isnt what MS itended for the vision cam  tongue.gif

IPB Image

This post has been edited by No_Remorse_666: Jan 6 2007, 08:17 AM

prplehz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:22:00 PM »

Well in all fairness M$ should have to take our old units back in exchange for the new one for free. That is BS otherwise.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:22:00 PM »

yes.. it is. I am sorry I jumped the gun and posted the pictures before xantium was finished preapring this article for us. for that.. I'm sorry.

However.. look at them.. (again) in all their glory. smile.gif

Zoneout

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »

Now I'm starting to believe its true, but its a prototype so it may not be released for production.

devilstrider

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »

Guess ill be flashing my old 360.

dark0

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 11:24:00 PM »

So, who's pissed?  biggrin.gif

HSDEMONZ thanks for the update.

This post has been edited by dark0: Jan 6 2007, 07:26 AM

Zoneout

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(dark0 @ Jan 6 2007, 05:31 PM) View Post

10 million 360 owners probably?

leorimolo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »

I knew it http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...6824&st=195 I stated the encoder was changed well got that one right. Anyways good luck HSDEmonz

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(prplehz @ Jan 6 2007, 12:29 AM) View Post

Well in all fairness M$ should have to take our old units back in exchange for the new one for free. That is BS otherwise.

Agreed. I tried my hardest and I finally got a 360 on December 18, 2005. Theres no way I will be able to get this one. sad.gif

QUOTE(Zoneout @ Jan 6 2007, 12:30 AM) View Post

Now I'm starting to believe its true, but its a prototype so it may not be released for production.

I hope that it won't be released, i hope somehow they make it an external attachment like they did with the HD-DVD player.

QUOTE(dark0 @ Jan 6 2007, 12:31 AM) View Post

I certainly will be if it makes me buy a whole new system.

EDIT: Wait.... is this an actual xbox 360 made by microsoft or is it a modded version? The vid makes it look like a modded 360. Sorry if i got it confused with something else.

EDIT2: I certainly hope all of this gets answered at the CES.

leorimolo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »

How about a video with the memory card plugged in wink.gif I hope you know what I mean

XanTium

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zoneout @ Jan 6 2007, 07:30 AM) View Post

Well that we never really know. But it costs a lot of money to redesign motherboards and customs chips ... MS isn't doing that for fun.

dark0

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »

Is this a complete package or did you get ahold of the mobo and the case only? What about a dvd drive and a hard drive what are they?

darklocust

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »

wondering what version the DVD drive is... i wonder if they'll update those too...

anyways, if it outputs analog only then what's the point? (aside from having one slim cable)

the lobo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 11:36:00 PM »

i bet someone is in some deep shit for leaking this. or maybe a viral campaign. still cool!!! smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13