xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Good Online Rental Services  (Read 82 times)

lilbplaya3406

• Archived User
Any Good Online Rental Services
« on: August 25, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

I tried gamefly for about 3 months. Everything has been good untill now. I shipped my games 10 days ago and it still says i have them. So I canceled it, and has been reading some reviews. I saw that Gamelender had the highest review, do I decided to purchase a package on that site. Did I make the right choice, or do you think I should of chosen something else.

Need Fast Shipping Times, and turnaround times

Location- Iowa

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

well, i personally use blockbuster online for movies, and that comes with 2 free game rentals for in store every month, that works out great for me.

games and flix is supposed to be like a gamefly except it does games and movies, i haven't heard too much about it though.

twistedsymphoney found a service that he seems to be very happy with based on the fact he talks very highly of them whenever this topic comes up, i belive it was called gamerang or something like that.

i think most of these services will have a 14 day or 1 month trial, so you can go service to service trying them out.

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Aug 26 2006, 03:17 AM

MJFOSTER77

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »

I have Gamefly, and I really haven't had any problems.  When you mail the games back does your post office scan them, so gamefly knows it's coming back?  If not that maybe a problem for the turnaround.

KUNFUCHOPSTICKS

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(lilbplaya3406 @ Aug 25 2006, 09:21 PM) *

I tried gamefly for about 3 months. Everything has been good untill now. I shipped my games 10 days ago and it still says i have them. So I canceled it, and has been reading some reviews. I saw that Gamelender had the highest review, do I decided to purchase a package on that site. Did I make the right choice, or do you think I should of chosen something else.

Need Fast Shipping Times, and turnaround times

Location- Iowa

wait so they just let you cancel when they thought you still have their game?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

lilbplaya3406

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(KUNFUCHOPSTICKS @ Aug 25 2006, 09:48 PM) *

wait so they just let you cancel when they thought you still have their game?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

No when you cancel the membership, the games need to be back within 7 days or you will be charged for the game. So far i just signed up on gamelender yesterday and rented madden 07 with a short wait. Then I signed up with a free trial with gameznlfix (heard highly of them) and rented madden 07 with short wait. Now today the madden on gameznfliz shipped. But I might try Gamerang because they have a warehouse in minnesota and I live in Iowa, so it might be fast. Ill try that out after gameznfliz trial is over.

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »

I tried Gamesnflix at the beginning of the year, and Gamelender a few months ago, and they were both horrible.  They bearly had any 360 games and I had slow turnaround time.  After a month free trial on Gamesnflix, was only able to get 2 games(only 1 on 360) even though I only kept the games for a couple days, and on Gamelender I was only able to get 3 in a month(I got 2 right away and sent them back within a week and waited 2 weeks plus for them to send out a new one.  Maybe they are better now, but I'm sticking with gamefly because at least they have a large collection of games, so I don' t have to wait long, plus the turnaround time, although slow, has gotten a bit faster since I started using it a almost year ago.

mikedavis2838

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(lilbplaya3406 @ Aug 26 2006, 02:21 AM) *

I tried gamefly for about 3 months. Everything has been good untill now. I shipped my games 10 days ago and it still says i have them. So I canceled it

Location- Iowa

gamefly has a spot that you can report shipping problems. You tell them when you shipped it and that they never recieved it and they will send you the next game on the list and resolve the issue themselves.  These are some example shipping problems.

I never received the game.
GameFly never received my return.

I received the wrong game.
The game arrived in the wrong sleeve.
I sent back the wrong game/sleeve.
The game was damaged, scratched or unplayable.
I lost/damaged the game.
I lost the game's sleeve or mailer.

if you say you never got the game they send another one out the next day, if you say they never got a game they send the next one on your list within a day

KUNFUCHOPSTICKS

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »

do they just automatically bill you after that?

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

I had GameFly. 3 of the games were lost in the mail either when being shipped to me or being sent back. THe good thing, as stated above, is that you can report it easily. Te service was too expensive for how long it took items to get to me. I live in Kansas and had to wait on average of 7 days to get anything. It was nice to rent DS games, but I cancelled and am now on GameznFlix.

Now about GameznFlix:
                                                  The good:
You can have 3 at a time for $10 less than GameFly's 2 at a time.
They rent 360, PSX, GC, PS2, Xbox, DVD, UMD, HDDVD, and Bluray.
Items get to me sometimes the next day, sometimes within  3-5 days.

The bad:
First game didn't get to me. I had to wait 12 days before they considered it lost. Customer support is really bad.
They don't rent Nintendo DS!!!!
Though 360 selection is great, they appear to have VERY few in inventory. For example, ever since it came out, Dead Rising has been listed as "short wait". Gamefly would only have short wait status for a day or two, then the game would be ready to go.

I hope this helps.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »

Reaper, i have the blockbuster online 3 movie thing, i get 4 free instore movie rentals a month. where do i get the 2 free game rentals?

daddy69

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »

gamerang!!!!, I had the same problems with gamefly, I returned 3 games and they never received them. They suspended my account because of that, I don't know wether to blaim them or the postal office.

G-Unot

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Aug 25 2006, 10:47 PM) *

well, i personally use blockbuster online for movies, and that comes with 2 free game rentals for in store every month, that works out great for me.

games and flix is supposed to be like a gamefly except it does games and movies, i haven't heard too much about it though.

twistedsymphoney found a service that he seems to be very happy with based on the fact he talks very highly of them whenever this topic comes up, i belive it was called gamerang or something like that.

i think most of these services will have a 14 day or 1 month trial, so you can go service to service trying them out.

same with me

Dather

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »

I had used redoctane.com for a while, but stopped renting. They were pretty good, not much more info if you're looking for another rental site.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

I had a gamefly account, hated it and tried gamelender (like you because it was rated very well on the review sites)... I found gamelender to be even worse then gamefly

Finally I decided to try gamerang since they have distro centers in both NJ and PA (and I'm in NH) while the rest of the services only have one or two centers in southern CA.

I've been very happy with it so far. the selection is decent, it takes about 3or 4 days to ship a game one way (it was closer to 10 and 14 one way with GameFly and GameLender). My biggest problem with them is the availability, my top 5 or so games are all "short wait" right now so with it sending immediatly I typically end up with my 4th or 5th choice... Game Lender was even worse in this respect though. With Game Lender I placed every 360 game available in my queue and every last one of them was "short wait" I waited 2 weeks before even one of them was availble, I didn't even play it, I just stuck it right back in the mail box sent it back and canceled.

Arjun

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 29 2006, 04:14 PM) *

I had a gamefly account, hated it and tried gamelender (like you because it was rated very well on the review sites)... I found gamelender to be even worse then gamefly

Finally I decided to try gamerang since they have distro centers in both NJ and PA (and I'm in NH) while the rest of the services only have one or two centers in southern CA.

I've been very happy with it so far. the selection is decent, it takes about 3or 4 days to ship a game one way (it was closer to 10 and 14 one way with GameFly and GameLender). My biggest problem with them is the availability, my top 5 or so games are all "short wait" right now so with it sending immediatly I typically end up with my 4th or 5th choice... Game Lender was even worse in this respect though. With Game Lender I placed every 360 game available in my queue and every last one of them was "short wait" I waited 2 weeks before even one of them was availble, I didn't even play it, I just stuck it right back in the mail box sent it back and canceled.

I'm actually thinking about this just because they have a location near here...thanks for the heads!