xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Microsoft Re-Confirms HD-DVD Player Not for Games  (Read 244 times)

Miraxx

• Archived User
Microsoft Re-Confirms HD-DVD Player Not for Games
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2006, 01:12:00 AM »

If not for any other reason, they should make the DVD-games playable in the HD-DVD drive, just so we would be rid of the damn noise of the regular drive

Mega_mil

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2006, 01:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Miraxx @ Aug 18 2006, 08:19 AM) View Post

If not for any other reason, they should make the DVD-games playable in the HD-DVD drive, just so we would be rid of the damn noise of the regular drive

So what happens if the HD-DVD drive is as much or more noisier  ohmy.gif Drive noise has never bothered me too much......probably because I have the sound blasting out my ear drums  biggrin.gif But a quite drive would be sweet for people who actually use their system to watch movies.

Miraxx

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2006, 01:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mega_mil @ Aug 18 2006, 09:31 AM) View Post

So what happens if the HD-DVD drive is as much or more noisier  ohmy.gif Drive noise has never bothered me too much......probably because I have the sound blasting out my ear drums  biggrin.gif But a quite drive would be sweet for people who actually use their system to watch movies.

I was really amazed the first time I switched on my new 360 and discovered the awful noise it made. Before I bought it, I actually considered using it as DVD-player for movies as well, since my other one was a bit out-of-date, but no way I could do that. I have the console tucked away in a cupbord in the far corner of the room, but still it somewhat ruins my gameplay experience, at least when playing more "quiet" games.

I'll be sure to better check the forums before I possibly buy the new drive, and if it is anywhere near half as noisy as the old one, I'd rather spend my money on a regular HD-DVD player (which probably will have a lot more features anyway)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]