xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: A Lot Of You Will Buy The Wrong Hdtv  (Read 780 times)

RoCKlEE

• Archived User
A Lot Of You Will Buy The Wrong Hdtv
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

unsure.gif

whet1134

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(RoCKlEE @ May 24 2005, 10:20 PM)

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »

What are your all's opinions on this tv ?

robgue

• Recovered User
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »

my 2 cents.
i did alot of research before buying my samsung 50 inch dlp.

720p is better for things that have alot of movement on the screen. for example, espn hd is broadcast in 720p.  hbo hd is bradcast in 1080i. that and 1080i will be a standard for a long while as they companies try deal with bandwith issues and given the tv's around right now.

plamas for the most part have better and brighter coloers and support higher resolutions than lcd, dlp, rptv. the problem is they run into into others problems like heating, etc. it's true they do fade over time. if you compare an older plasma to a newer one you will see it fade over time. after so many thousands of hours it will fade. newer very expensive plasma now have a longer shelf life when it comes that problem but you will have to pay alot for it.

lcd's have all the problems people decribed above, although things like trails with fast movement and viewing black are also less and virtually unnoticable in newer more expensive models. you'll have to pay of course but it is thinner and lighter like a plasma, although the bigger the screen the closer they get to dlp size.

obviously im a little biased. my dlp supports 720p and 1080i. true hd broadcast look fantastic. the tv has a mode that will sort of brighten the screen if there is sunlight, if you want. i use a dvi input. has an hdmi input i don't use. manufacterers are moving towards hdmi as it allows them so basically have a protection (right now at least) for their hd content. it's about 60 pounds,50 inch, thinner than crt's, a little chunkier than lcd's. for the quality of the picture and the price compared to other tv's like lcd and plasma and weight and size i got this. i'd have to spend much more on a tv with similiar "quality" and longevity. even if i have to spend 80 bucks replacing a bulb in about 4 years.
yes monster cables a rip

heinrich: i'd get one with a dvi input. same quality and cheaper than hdmi, also i'd find outhow well it handles fast movement.

cstu11

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »

Are there any HDTV's that show 720p NATIVELY?  AFAIK, all the current HDTV's that support 720p actually convert it from 1080i.  This is a moot point because if you get an HDTV (1080i support) then you will be fine.

FlashKick

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

as far as i know, the only type of tvs to support 1280x720(720p) natively are DLP tvs.
I haven't seen a single lcdtv that supports 720p natively(1366x768 is their rez usually), or any other type. new generation lcd tvs will be 100% 1080p native, though. currenty there are only a few(and VERY expensive), but later on there should be a lot made by a lot of diff. manufr. so the cost should be cheaper.

and that hyundai display(i posted this myself in the old hdtv thread), what are its specs? http://www.walmart.c.....3A133276:3996

all i need to know is its response time and how well it upscales 720p content to its 1366x768 resolution, and how it downscales 1080i...

does anyone have this tv? wedding shirt, have you seen it yourself? how do you think it compares to this syntax 32"(specs are 8ms response time, and 1200:1 contrast ratio).
http://osnews.priceg.../search=syntax/

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(FlashKick @ May 24 2005, 06:44 PM)
as far as i know, the only type of tvs to support 1280x720(720p) natively are DLP tvs.

FlashKick

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

that samsung isn't bad at all! it's the one most likely sammy will use for their xbxo 360 marketing

inno887

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

blink.gif

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(inno887 @ May 24 2005, 06:57 PM)
When a TV saids

zikronix

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »

Quote from: robgue,May 24 2005, 11:20 PM

FlashKick

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

yeah, and plasmas don't have higher resolutions than lcds or dlps!

aaah, i'm just looking for the best lcdtv for the least $$$!!! it's tough

mastergwaha

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

we all want GOOD BANG FOR BUCK$. plasmas ARENT very good bang for buck. neither are lcds. the only real advantage to these are WEIGHT issues.  but i dont see anyone wanting a lighter california king mattress!??!?

you can get awesome performance out of anyone these meduims of sets but its how MUCH you willing to spend??

plasmas & lcds = expensive
dlp = half way point
crt = cheapest of them all. whats the issue?

anyone bitching when they bought their 32" TV years ago? no. so whys it an issue now? get a buddy and all of a sudden it dotn weight so much. heard someone say put the fucker on wheels. great idea.  and i think THAT was the original idea wedding shirt brought up was price versus medium of tv.

djmattyb

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

I love my Panasonic HDTV. A nice feature is the 'blades' you can install. Want two DVI inputs? No problem, just buy em and stick em in. The inputs are whatever you want them to be.

http://www.niceelect...61.htm#ProdSpec

The reason I went with plasma is all the DLP and LCD tv look washed out. You can't get dark blacks.

Also, the plasma TV has a viewing angle of 160°, and the DLP and LCD's have only about at 40° viewing angle which drives me nuts. You have to be sitting right in front of the TV with the monitor at eye level to see a perfect picture on the DLP and LCD's. That is the most important reason to get a plasma.

zikronix

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(RX3 @ May 25 2005, 03:14 AM)
You are really misleading people with these ridiculous statements. Plasmas don't have a fading issue. They will usually go out completely before they fade. Fading MIGHT start after 30,000 to 60,000 hrs. That's 15 to 30 years! Who wants to keep a TV that long with new technologies coming out all the time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12