xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What Will Be The Deciding Factor For You?  (Read 307 times)

Andy51

• Archived User
What Will Be The Deciding Factor For You?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2005, 06:18:00 AM »

Well, after looking over tons of info and pictures, lemme tell you what i mean.

Lets say i find out that the ps3 will have 7 controllers, bluetooth and all that shit, i don't think it will be useful for me because the max players i had on my xbox is 3 players, not even four, why do i need 7 controllers then correct?

Wouldn't be fair to say something about the xbox 360 so:

Removable Hard drive? I have no idea what could I find something useful with this? upgrade Hard Drives? Sure, if most of the demos you download over xbox live (Xbox 360) were free, then ill think of getting a better hard drive, they might not even have upgrades for HD anyways.

So after looking at facts, and thinking what use could Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 be of to me, and i have to say:

That Xbox 360 will be most useful to me, more fun since most of the games i like are on the xbox and there should be sequels to those games, (I have a Ps2 so keep that in mind) and there was a game i liked on ps2 called final Fanstay (Spelling?)  and it will be on xbox 360!

SO Xbox 360 for its rule over features and games.

whet1134

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

Anyway, unless the PS3 costs $500, I'll buy both.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

grr.gif (which REALLY pissed me off because my old PS2 broke and now I can't play FFXI on the new slim one despite there being no warning what-so-ever on the box)

If you don't believe me read this old PS2 article and tell me how many promises Sony made were actually delivered: http://www.pcworld.c...id,15520,00.asp

The funny thing is MS was able to deliver on Sony's vision far better than sony was. Further more... MS delivered EXACTLY what they promised...

In this round I have to take what Sony is claiming with an enormous grain of salt. Timelines need to be stretched out and performance number need to be lowered, graphics examples need to toned down... and then you'll see what Sony is actually delivering. MS has been honest with me in the past so while I'm still hesitant I'm a bit more trusting of the claims they're making.

I think both companies true colors were shown at their respective conferences. Sony's was a giant flashy advertisement with pseudo-game play elements that even if they are real no one (including the people working for Sony) seemed to be able to get their story straight and people were contradicting each other left and right. MS on the other hand Showed a little in-game footage and concentrated on their goals for the next generation. I realize a lot of us wanted to see more games, more graphics etc, but there will be plenty of time for that when the games are done and real comparisons can be made... it was a presentation for people in the industry, game makers and game sellers, etc. NOT game players... I wonder how people who are actually in the industry really responded to Sony's presentation?

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2005, 07:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Crypty @ May 22 2005, 10:27 PM)
That concept is hard for me to fathom. Why would anyone want to play a game where the best aspect it has is the story, if they already know the story.

Well, look at the sales for the Resident Evil remake. Many of people bought a gamecube for it alone, I was one of them. That game was 100% story. The old Resident controls never made it a gameplay game..........
People just want GFX updates.

{Sephiroth}

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2005, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kolk1604 @ May 23 2005, 03:18 AM)
The PS3 will be twice as fast as the Xbox360.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »

Twisted has it right on the dot.

Gohan5052

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »

well for me its going to be 360 cause sony lies too much. and how are they going to beat halo 3 whan they cant even beat halo 1?

Mr Ed

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

Two series I love on XBOX:  DOA and RalliSport Challenge.

But, I won't buy a console that won't connect to my HDTV via either DVI or HDMI.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mr Ed @ May 23 2005, 12:56 PM)
But, I won't buy a console that won't connect to my HDTV via either DVI or HDMI.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »

grr.gif

Andy51

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

I have no idea why we are arguing over now anymore.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

wink.gif

Andy51

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

beerchug.gif and  pop.gif  and  love.gif

I always do that for no reason at all
Pages: 1 2 [3]